Review: could Bupropion hydrochloride cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Bupropion hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Clonazepam, and have Depression.
We study 5,544 people who have side effects while taking Bupropion hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 130 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bupropion hydrochloride and have Weight gain >>>
Bupropion hydrochloride has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 6,767 Bupropion hydrochloride users)
Weight Gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,706 Weight Gain patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 5,535 people reported to have side effects when taking Bupropion hydrochloride. Among them, 130 people (2.35%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Bupropion hydrochloride when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||22.92%||6.25%||8.33%||29.17%||18.75%||6.25%||8.33% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Bupropion hydrochloride * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||4.81%||4.81%||14.42%||29.81%||36.54%||9.62% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Bupropion hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||2.86%||51.43%||31.43%||14.29% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||10.00%||0.00%||90.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (47 people, 36.15%)
- Bipolar disorder (13 people, 10.00%)
- Anxiety (9 people, 6.92%)
- Hypothyroidism (8 people, 6.15%)
- Osteoporosis (6 people, 4.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (23 people, 17.69%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (18 people, 13.85%)
- Gabapentin (12 people, 9.23%)
- Furosemide (12 people, 9.23%)
- Omeprazole (12 people, 9.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of bupropion hydrochloride and weight gain on
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Bupropion Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Bupropion hydrochloride and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Bupropion hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Hydroxyzine, Effexor Xr for a 36-year old woman with Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Effexor for a 45-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, VYVANSE, WELLBUTRIN, PROZAC for a 45-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Add, Depression, Anxiety.
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 40-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Weight Gain
Recent Bupropion hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a 50-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Bupropion Hydrochloride, Sertraline, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Abilify, Wellbutrin Xl, Prozac for a 33-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Nexplanon, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin for a 55-year old woman who has Depression And Genital Herpes
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.