Review: could Buspar cause Abdominal pain?
Summary: Abdominal pain is found among people who take Buspar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Neurontin, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 10,143 people who have side effects while taking Buspar from FDA and social media. Among them, 258 have Abdominal pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Buspar and have Abdominal pain >>>
Buspar has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 11,055 Buspar users)
Abdominal pain has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 107,259 Abdominal pain patients)
On Feb, 3, 2015: 10,143 people reported to have side effects when taking Buspar. Among them, 371 people (3.66%) have Abdominal Pain.
Time on Buspar when people have Abdominal pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||10.00%||30.00%||0.00%||20.00%||10.00%||30.00% |
Gender of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Buspar * :
|Abdominal pain||72.65%||27.35% |
Age of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Buspar * :
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||0.00%||3.96%||13.72%||17.68%||22.56%||18.29%||23.78% |
Severity of Abdominal pain when taking Buspar ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal pain||33.33%||50.00%||0.00%||16.67% |
How people recovered from Abdominal pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (55 people, 14.82%)
- Pain (51 people, 13.75%)
- Depression (39 people, 10.51%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (20 people, 5.39%)
- Sleep disorder (18 people, 4.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (76 people, 20.49%)
- Ambien (71 people, 19.14%)
- Prilosec (68 people, 18.33%)
- Prozac (63 people, 16.98%)
- Oxycontin (58 people, 15.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of buspar and abdominal pain on
Do you have Abdominal Pain while taking Buspar?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Buspar and have Abdominal Pain
- support group for people who take Buspar
- support group for people who have Abdominal pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Paracetamol for a 25-year old woman with Headache. The patient has Stomach Pain, Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Acne (skin problems that cause pimples), Headache (pain in head)
- A study of side effects of Menadione for a 33-year old woman with Routine Health Maintenance. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar), Dizziness, Shortness Of Breath, Stomach Pain, Vomiting Projectile
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Lansoprazole for a 59-year old woman with Pvd, Helicobacter Pylori Gastritis. The patient has Rash Generalised, Stomach Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Flonase, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride Allergy, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Pantoprazole, Buspirone Hcl, Hydrochlorothiazide, Clonazepam, Sertraline Hydrochloride for a 40-year old man with General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergies, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Weight Gain, Dizziness, Fatigue, Sleepy
- A study of side effects of Ofloxacin for a 29-year old man with Antibiotic Sensitivity. The patient has Abdominal Pain Aggravated
Recent Buspar related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Chantix, Buspar, Celexa for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Buspar, Lamictal for a 25-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Libritabs, Buspirone Hcl for a 52-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Buspirone Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Cymbalta, Ropinirole Hydrochloride for a 55-year old woman who has Multiple Diagnosis
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Buspar, Zoloft for a 27-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.