Review: could Buspar cause Diarrhea?
Summary: Diarrhea is found among people who take Buspar, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zoloft, and have Pain.
We study 10,145 people who have side effects while taking Buspar from FDA and social media. Among them, 277 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Buspar and have Diarrhea >>>
Buspar has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 11,057 Buspar users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 139,351 Diarrhea patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 10,145 people reported to have side effects when taking Buspar. Among them, 277 people (2.73%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Buspar when people have Diarrhea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Buspar * :
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Buspar * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Buspar ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (54 people, 19.49%)
- Anxiety (42 people, 15.16%)
- Depression (33 people, 11.91%)
- Migraine (16 people, 5.78%)
- Insomnia (15 people, 5.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zoloft (66 people, 23.83%)
- Prilosec (43 people, 15.52%)
- Lipitor (42 people, 15.16%)
- Neurontin (40 people, 14.44%)
- Xanax (40 people, 14.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of buspar and diarrhea on
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Buspar?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Buspar and have Diarrhea
- support group for people who take Buspar
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cellcept for a 21-year old woman with Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. The patient has Chills (felling of cold), Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating), Fever, Sleepiness (excess sleeping), Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Diarrhoea, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- A study of side effects of Magnesium for a 59-year old woman with Hypomagnesemia. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of side effects of Buspar for a 29-year old woman with Aniexty. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Victoza for a 35-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Heart Palpitations, Breathing Difficulty, Chills, Diarrhea, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a 53-year old woman with Migraine. The patient has Diarrhea
Recent Buspar related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Buspar, Temazepam for a 43-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Buspar, Celexa, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Ativan, Buspirone Hcl for a 39-year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Chantix, Buspar, Celexa for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.