Review: could Buspar cause Erection problems?
Summary: Erection problems is found among people who take Buspar, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Prozac, and have Depression.
We study 10,145 people who have side effects while taking Buspar from FDA and social media. Among them, 104 have Erection problems. Find out below who they are, when they have Erection problems and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Buspar and have Erection problems >>>
Buspar has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 11,057 Buspar users)
Erection problems has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 31,489 Erection problems patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 10,143 people reported to have side effects when taking Buspar. Among them, 104 people (1.03%) have Erection Problems.
Time on Buspar when people have Erection problems * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erection problems||16.67%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Erection problems when taking Buspar * :
|Erection problems||8.11%||91.89% |
Age of people who have Erection problems when taking Buspar * :
|Erection problems||2.13%||0.00%||7.45%||3.19%||15.96%||25.53%||24.47%||21.28% |
Severity of Erection problems when taking Buspar ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erection problems||0.00%||25.00%||50.00%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Erection problems ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erection problems||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (34 people, 32.69%)
- Anxiety (23 people, 22.12%)
- Pain (10 people, 9.62%)
- Hypertension (9 people, 8.65%)
- Sleep disorder (8 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prozac (22 people, 21.15%)
- Paxil (22 people, 21.15%)
- Klonopin (17 people, 16.35%)
- Seroquel (17 people, 16.35%)
- Viagra (17 people, 16.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of buspar and erection problems on
Do you have Erection Problems while taking Buspar?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Buspar and have Erection Problems
- support group for people who take Buspar
- support group for people who have Erection Problems
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Lantus, Lisinopril for a 72-year old man with Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 47-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Erection Problems
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin, Concerta, Naproxen, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Zolmitriptan, Sumatriptan for a 25-year old man with ADHD, Migraine. The patient has Anxiety, Depression, Libido Increased, Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin, Concerta, Naproxen, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Zolmitriptan, Sumatriptan for a 25-year old man with ADHD, Migraine. The patient has Paranoia, Anxiety, Depression, Libido Increased, Erectile Dysfunction
Recent Buspar related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Buspar, Temazepam for a 43-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Buspar, Celexa, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Ativan, Buspirone Hcl for a 39-year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Chantix, Buspar, Celexa for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.