Review: could Buspar cause Hunger (Appetite - increased)?
Summary: Hunger is found among people who take Buspar, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zyprexa, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 10,149 people who have side effects while taking Buspar from FDA and social media. Among them, 56 have Hunger. Find out below who they are, when they have Hunger and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Buspar and have Hunger >>>
Buspar has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 11,060 Buspar users)
Hunger (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, quit smoking, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 9,324 Hunger patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 10,145 people reported to have side effects when taking Buspar. Among them, 56 people (0.55%) have Hunger.
Time on Buspar when people have Hunger * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hunger when taking Buspar * :
Age of people who have Hunger when taking Buspar * :
Severity of Hunger when taking Buspar ** :
How people recovered from Hunger ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (16 people, 28.57%)
- Depression (12 people, 21.43%)
- Affective disorder (11 people, 19.64%)
- Bipolar disorder (7 people, 12.50%)
- Hallucination, auditory (6 people, 10.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyprexa (29 people, 51.79%)
- Zoloft (20 people, 35.71%)
- Lamictal (19 people, 33.93%)
- Ambien (19 people, 33.93%)
- Seroquel (18 people, 32.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of buspar and hunger on
Do you have Hunger while taking Buspar?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Buspar and have Hunger
- support group for people who take Buspar
- support group for people who have Hunger
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Buspirone Hydrochloride for a 36-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Itching - Vaginal Area
- A study of side effects of Prilosec Otc for a 51-year old woman with Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Insomnia Exacerbated, Nausea, Weight Gain, Excessive Hunger
- A study of side effects of Buspar for a 89-year old man with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Blood Beta-d-glucan Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin D, Restasis, Gabapentin, Remeron, Buspar, Naproxen for a 54-year old woman with General Symptom, Eyes - Dry, Restless Leg Syndrome, Ptsd, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Anxiety Postoperative
- A study of side effects of Tranexamic Acid for a 47-year old woman with Bleeding. The patient has Appetite - Increased
Recent Buspar related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.