Review: could Buspar cause Low blood sugar (Hypoglycemia)?
Summary: Low blood sugar is found among people who take Buspar, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 10,145 people who have side effects while taking Buspar from FDA and social media. Among them, 58 have Low blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have Low blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Buspar and have Low blood sugar >>>
Buspar has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 11,057 Buspar users)
Low blood sugar
Low blood sugar (low blood sugar cause seizures) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, type 1 diabetes mellitus. (latest reports from 20,733 Low blood sugar patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 10,145 people reported to have side effects when taking Buspar. Among them, 58 people (0.57%) have Low Blood Sugar.
Time on Buspar when people have Low blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Low blood sugar||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Buspar * :
|Low blood sugar||42.86%||57.14% |
Age of people who have Low blood sugar when taking Buspar * :
|Low blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.56%||3.28%||29.51%||29.51%||31.15% |
Severity of Low blood sugar when taking Buspar ** :
How people recovered from Low blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (23 people, 39.66%)
- Anxiety (21 people, 36.21%)
- Bipolar disorder (20 people, 34.48%)
- Insomnia (14 people, 24.14%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (13 people, 22.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (32 people, 55.17%)
- Seroquel (28 people, 48.28%)
- Zyprexa (20 people, 34.48%)
- Glucophage (18 people, 31.03%)
- Lipitor (17 people, 29.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of buspar and low blood sugar on
Do you have Low Blood Sugar while taking Buspar?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Buspar and have Low Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Buspar
- support group for people who have Low Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Buspar for a 29-year old woman with Aniexty. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Proair Hfa, Ginger Root, Simvastatin, Probiotic, Flomax, Humulin R, Atenolol, Rocephin, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 57-year old man with Hypertension, Chronic Bronchitis, Health, High Blood Cholesterol, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cancer - Prostate, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Respiratory Tract Congestion, Infection - Ear. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
- A study of side effects of Buspirone Hydrochloride for a 18-year old girl with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Polycystic Ovaries (cysts in the ovaries that occurs when the follicle stops developing), Dizziness, Body Dysmorphic Disorder (type of mental illness)
- A study of drug interactions between Robaxin, Cymbalta, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Sr, Paxil, Suboxone for a 33-year old woman with Pain - Muscles, Ocd, Anxiety And Stress, Nerve Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Anxiety Disorder, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic, Bone And Joint Pain, Cellulitis, Nerve Pain, Muscle Pain
Recent Buspar related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Buspar, Celexa, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Ativan, Buspirone Hcl for a 39-year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Chantix, Buspar, Celexa for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Buspar, Lamictal for a 25-year old woman who has Bipolar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.