Review: could Buspar cause Mood swings?
Summary: Mood swings is found among people who take Buspar, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zoloft, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 10,145 people who have side effects while taking Buspar from FDA and social media. Among them, 125 have Mood swings. Find out below who they are, when they have Mood swings and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Buspar and have Mood swings >>>
Buspar has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 11,057 Buspar users)
Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, birth control, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 24,776 Mood swings patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 10,145 people reported to have side effects when taking Buspar. Among them, 125 people (1.23%) have Mood Swings.
Time on Buspar when people have Mood swings * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mood swings||60.00%||30.00%||0.00%||10.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mood swings when taking Buspar * :
|Mood swings||68.70%||31.30% |
Age of people who have Mood swings when taking Buspar * :
|Mood swings||0.00%||0.00%||6.12%||21.43%||11.22%||38.78%||18.37%||4.08% |
Severity of Mood swings when taking Buspar ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Mood swings||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Mood swings ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Mood swings||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (48 people, 38.40%)
- Depression (35 people, 28.00%)
- Pain (27 people, 21.60%)
- Headache (20 people, 16.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (16 people, 12.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zoloft (40 people, 32.00%)
- Klonopin (35 people, 28.00%)
- Risperdal (33 people, 26.40%)
- Seroquel (30 people, 24.00%)
- Depakote (29 people, 23.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of buspar and mood swings on
Do you have Mood Swings while taking Buspar?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Buspar and have Mood Swings
- support group for people who take Buspar
- support group for people who have Mood Swings
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Buspar for a 29-year old woman with Aniexty. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of side effects of Buspirone Hydrochloride for a 18-year old girl with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Polycystic Ovaries (cysts in the ovaries that occurs when the follicle stops developing), Dizziness, Body Dysmorphic Disorder (type of mental illness)
- A study of drug interactions between Robaxin, Cymbalta, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Sr, Paxil, Suboxone for a 33-year old woman with Pain - Muscles, Ocd, Anxiety And Stress, Nerve Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Anxiety Disorder, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic, Bone And Joint Pain, Cellulitis, Nerve Pain, Muscle Pain
Recent Buspar related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Buspar, Temazepam for a 43-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Buspar, Celexa, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Ativan, Buspirone Hcl for a 39-year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Chantix, Buspar, Celexa for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.