Review: could Buspar cause Nausea?
Summary: Nausea is found among people who take Buspar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prilosec, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 10,149 people who have side effects while taking Buspar from FDA and social media. Among them, 916 have Nausea. Find out below who they are, when they have Nausea and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Buspar and have Nausea >>>
Buspar has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 11,060 Buspar users)
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, quit smoking, depression, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 264,783 Nausea patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 10,145 people reported to have side effects when taking Buspar. Among them, 916 people (9.03%) have Nausea.
Time on Buspar when people have Nausea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Nausea when taking Buspar * :
Age of people who have Nausea when taking Buspar * :
Severity of Nausea when taking Buspar ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Nausea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (123 people, 13.43%)
- Depression (114 people, 12.45%)
- Pain (82 people, 8.95%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (40 people, 4.37%)
- Insomnia (31 people, 3.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (121 people, 13.21%)
- Zoloft (120 people, 13.10%)
- Xanax (90 people, 9.83%)
- Prozac (88 people, 9.61%)
- Albuterol (88 people, 9.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of buspar and nausea on
Do you have Nausea while taking Buspar?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Buspar and have Nausea
- support group for people who take Buspar
- support group for people who have Nausea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a 55-year old woman with Pain. The patient has Raynaud's Phenomenon, Nausea, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of side effects of Prilosec Otc for a 51-year old woman with Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Insomnia Exacerbated, Nausea, Weight Gain, Excessive Hunger
- A study of side effects of Celexa for a 53-year old woman with Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has Side Pain, Appetite Disorder Nos, Feeling Full Without Eating, Nausea, Pain - Back, Abdominal Pain Upper
- A study of side effects of Buspar for a 89-year old man with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Blood Beta-d-glucan Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Tramadol, Lyrica for a 42-year old woman with Depression, Pain, Nerve Pain. The patient has Ocular Migraine, Nerve Pain, Shortness Of Breath, High Blood Pressure, Constipation, Chest Discomfort, Nausea
Recent Buspar related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.