Review: could Buspar cause Numbness and tingling?
Summary: Numbness and tingling is found among people who take Buspar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lunesta, and have Anxiety.
We study 10,130 people who have side effects while taking Buspar from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Numbness and tingling. Find out below who they are, when they have Numbness and tingling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Buspar and have Numbness and tingling >>>
Buspar has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Buspar 11,044 users)
Numbness and tingling
Numbness and tingling (unusual prickling sensations) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Numbness and tingling 4,873 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 10,130 people reported to have side effects when taking Buspar. Among them, 17 people (0.17%) have Numbness And Tingling.
Time on Buspar when people have Numbness and tingling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Numbness and tingling||50.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Numbness and tingling when taking Buspar * :
|Numbness and tingling||58.82%||41.18% |
Age of people who have Numbness and tingling when taking Buspar * :
|Numbness and tingling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||27.27%||9.09%||27.27%||36.36% |
Severity of Numbness and tingling when taking Buspar ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Numbness and tingling||0.00%||60.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Numbness and tingling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Numbness and tingling||33.33%||0.00%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (4 people, 23.53%)
- Pain (3 people, 17.65%)
- Hypotension (1 people, 5.88%)
- Arrhythmia (1 people, 5.88%)
- Renal artery stenosis (1 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lunesta (6 people, 35.29%)
- Lisinopril (6 people, 35.29%)
- Verapamil (6 people, 35.29%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (6 people, 35.29%)
- Prevacid (6 people, 35.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Numbness And Tingling while taking Buspar?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Buspar and have Numbness And Tingling
- support group for people who take Buspar
- support group for people who have Numbness And Tingling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What causes ideopathic polyneurothopy if not diabetic? (2 answers)
Numbness in ball of foot. Started on one right side and progressed to both. EMG indicated Ideopathic Polyneurothopy. Pre diabetic with A1C of 5.8 - only one reading ever exceeded diabetic criteria at 6.6. Started 6 months ago with slow progression. No pain, minor tingling. Not constant but progresses during day if working and wearing dress shoes(weekends much better). Eases quickly in evening with no shoes and only stocking feet but does no go away. Feeling is not so much numbness as it feels like sand under balls of feet, swelling (no real swelling) or bunched up sock. Again, no pain but very annoying. Dr (Neurologist or Family Dr) do not seem concerned.
- Has anyone had tingling in hands, arms, feet, legs from lisinopril that did not go away when they quit taking it? if you got rid of the tingles, how did you do it? (2 answers)
After 9 months on Atenolol I started getting tingling in my left hand. Also had a pulmonary embolism. A doc switched me to Lisinopril and the tingling moved to my legs, feet, both hands and arms. My calf muscles are very tight and my legs ache. Plus dizziness and other things. After 3 years of going round and round with doctors and no one finding anything wrong with me, I found posts about Lisinopril and tingling and I quit taking it. But the tingling and aches have not gone away. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know how to fix it??? I get nowhere going to doctors, they find nothing wrong with me. Thanks
- Will busbar make my mentstrual cycle irregular
I am two weeks late on my cycle. I am never late. I already have one child who is almost two. how do I know if it is because of the new med? I have taken a pregnancy test and it is negative.
- Can sss cause cognitive decline and/or memory deficit?
No palpable left radial pulse
100% occlusion of left proximal subclavian artery.
70% occlusion of left carotid
Clinical memory and cognitive decline
Intermittent postural dizziness
- Can stress fractures cause peripheral neuropathy
I had a stress fracture on both of my medial tibia Plato. It's been almost four years and it feels worse. I can't stand, walk, or sit down for to long. I've had ex-rays, a bone scan and an MRI done. But all of just either my knees or legs. I think it might be Peripheral Neuropathy but I don't if they can lead to that. I fit most of the symptoms for Peripheral Neuropathy. Please help me.
More questions for: Buspar, Numbness and tingling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of this medication my feet and hands have became so tingly and itchy That its becoming unbearable.
- Buspar doesn't help anxiety and causes anger (1 response)
My child has severe anxiety disorder the physchotrist said he has every type of anxity he started taking buspar last year it hasn't helped his anxiety at all but it makes him severly angeryhtalked to his new dr and she said he is no longer going to be taking buspar thank God this medication should not be written for anxiety alone or wprescribed for anxiety it does not help at leat not my son it has made our life a nightmare.
- Reaction to methylpred
I have a severe case of poison ivy for which I was given Prednisone. Still suffering 1 week later went back to doctor (was at 2x/day at that point) and was then put on methylpred 4mg PAK. Today is my second day on this. First noted tingling on my insides in my trunk area this morning, later in arms and hands and numbness in my tongue. Weird internal feeling. Now I itch and tingle.
- Buspar and chest painosborn@
Dr.prescribed Buspar for the severe anxiety I was experiencing with my PMDD. I took 1 10mg tablet.i did not have any effect from this drug , so I took another 10mg tab. And the started having sharp chest pains. Has this happened to anyone else?
- Buspirone and biotin
I took only 1 10,000Mcg biotin capsule and 1 buspirone (sorry to not have dosage) at roughly the sAme time (aprx 2pm).later that night, I felt severe anxiety and a giant ” knot” in my chest causing difficulty breathing. Few hours passed then I began to feel a sharp throbbing pain in left side and lower abdomen almost coming in waves leading up to violent vomiting. Never again.
More reviews for: Buspar, Numbness and tingling
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I started taking gilenya about six months ago. A few weeks after starting the medication I started getting acid reflux symptoms and am now in medication for acid reflux. I want to know if the gilenya may be causing my acid reflux.
- Only happens occasionally. More when I am active. But sometimes just sitting. All the time when using computer or watching television. There are just days where I cannot even look at a computer screen for even 1 minute. Very frustrating. Palpitations are annoying and inconvenient.
- After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
- I have suffered from painfull, red, burning sensation feet. Saw 4 different podiatrist, a neurologist, a cardiovascular surgeon, a rehumatologist, and finally after 7 months a podiatrist give me a diagnosis: Erythromelalgia. He precribed Gabapentin 900 daily. It has help me a little, but not enough ...
- Thyroid blood work 639 now on synthetic thyroid medication but blood pressure is dropping lower as time is passing. I have severe headaches and migraines. My lower right back is hurting bad. Hydrocodone edges not even help the pain. They saw my thyroid enlarged in cat scan . I am going for a son ...
More related studies for: Buspar, Numbness and tingling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.