Review: could Buspar cause Numbness and tingling?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 4, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.2/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 10,000 people who take Buspar. Among them, 16 have Numbness and tingling. See who they are, when they have Numbness and tingling and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Buspar (latest outcomes from 10,963 users) has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder. Commonly reported side effects of Buspar include nausea, nausea aggravated, depression, stress and anxiety, anxiety aggravated.
Numbness and tingling
Numbness and tingling (unusual prickling sensations) (latest reports from 28,951 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Feb, 15, 2014: 9,773 people reported to have side effects when taking Buspar. Among them, 16 people (0.16%) have Numbness And Tingling.
Time on Buspar when people have Numbness and tingling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Numbness and tingling||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Numbness and tingling when taking Buspar * :
|Numbness and tingling||56.25%||43.75% |
Age of people who have Numbness and tingling when taking Buspar * :
|Numbness and tingling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||10.00%||30.00%||40.00% |
Severity of Numbness and tingling when taking Buspar ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Numbness and tingling||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Numbness and tingling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Numbness and tingling||33.33%||0.00%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (4 people, 25.00%)
- Pain (3 people, 18.75%)
- Hypotension (1 people, 6.25%)
- Arrhythmia (1 people, 6.25%)
- Renal artery stenosis (1 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lunesta (6 people, 37.50%)
- Lisinopril (6 people, 37.50%)
- Verapamil (6 people, 37.50%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (6 people, 37.50%)
- Prevacid (6 people, 37.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Buspar, Numbness and tingling
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Buspar (buspirone hydrochloride) is often used for stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions Buspar is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Buspar used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Buspar side effects from A to Z:
Browse Buspar drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 weeks ago):
Valium eased the milder symptoms that had been happening for a few years but adding the Buspar triggered something. It happened several months ago and since then I have problems consuming ANYTHING that alters serotonin levels. The doctors don't believe me but after 20 years on these kinds of drugs, I know better. I don't know if it matters if I put this here, but maybe someone is reading and can help me or maybe my insights might help someone else...
From this study (5 months ago):
Have constant pain in knees, feet, toes, hands, arms, neck and back. Cannot sleep because I wake up constantly with shooting pain in neck, feet, knees, including tingles and numbness. Left side is worse; includes some drooling and paralysis at times. History of colitis and recent IPIN neiplasms found in pancreas head, neck and tail with dilated bile ducts as well as dilated pancreatic ducts and swelling of gallbladder. Constant nausea, off/on vomiting, major pain in neck and back, as well as abdomen which has included constant pain in upper right and left rib cage area. Knee pain has increased dramatically, especially while sleeping (??). Migraine history severe; hospitalized many times and is constant. Hx of anemias, malnutrition, malabsorption, fecal incontinence, low mono#, low eosinophil, high Granulocyte and Gran %, low Vit C, Low Vit B6, Low Lymphycites, High Baso%, High Baso#, Low WBC, Low Transferrin, High Cardio CRP, Positive ANA, High GGT, abnormal fecal fat, hypoalbuminemia, low calcium (always), low anion gap, low protein...many labs always abnormal, could go on...always fatigued and in pain.
From this study (4 years ago):
I am convinced that all of this is a direct result of either the H1N1 or taking Tamiflu 75 mg. I have been to several hospitals and doctors and no one can tell me what has happened it is almost like having a stroke or TIA.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Buspar, Numbness and tingling
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Buspirone and biotin
I took only 1 10,000Mcg biotin capsule and 1 buspirone (sorry to not have dosage) at roughly the sAme time (aprx 2pm).later that night, I felt severe anxiety and a giant ” knot” in my chest causing difficulty breathing. Few hours passed then I began to feel a sharp throbbing pain in left side an ...
- Buspar and side effects to include mood swings resulting in self harm idealization
High anxiety levels, mood swings, from elation to self injury, started at 7.5mg 2x a day for a week and then up to 15mg 2x day for five weeks. Increased as time went on.
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
More reviews for: Buspar, Numbness and tingling
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Zofran, Dilaudid, Zomig, Zanaflex, Metoprolol Tartrate, Topamax, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Armour Thyroid for a patient with Nausea And Vomiting, Pain Management, Complicated Migraine, Muscle Spasms, Hypertension, Migraine Prophylaxis, Stress And Anxiety, Hashimoto's Disease. The patient has Hair Loss, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anemia - Hemolytic (Hemolytic anemia), Rash Macular, Weight Decreased, Abdominal Distension, Fecal Incontinence (Bowel incontinence), Bile Duct Pressure Increased, Muscle Aches, Muscle Twitching, Numbness And Tingling, Abdominal Pain Aggravated, Tachycardia Irregular, Fatigue, Nausea And Vomiting, Abdominal Neoplasm, Bone And Joint Pain (Joint pain), Pain Exacerbated, Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Tamiflu, Cymbalta, Neurontin, Omeprazole, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Nitroglycerin, Ibuprofen, Alprazolam, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Buspirone Hydrochloride for a patient with Neuropathy Peripheral, H1n1, Pallor, Migraine, Chest Pain, Neck Pain, Anxiety, Angina. The patient has Guillain Barre Syndrome, Autoimmune Disorder, Paralysis Two Inches Right Side Entire Body With Loss Of Motor Control In Hand, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Epstein-barr Virus Antibody, Numbness And Tingling, Migraine
More related studies for: Buspar, Numbness and tingling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.