Home > Buspirone > Erectile dysfunction > Buspirone and Erectile dysfunction
Review: could Buspirone cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
We study 629 people who have side effects while taking Buspirone from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Erectile dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Buspirone hydrochloride and have Erectile dysfunction >>>
Buspirone hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 903 users) has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Erectile dysfunction (latest reports from 131,840 patients) has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, hair loss.
On Sep, 21, 2014: 627 people reported to have side effects when taking Buspirone hydrochloride. Among them, 6 people (0.96%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Buspirone hydrochloride when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||20.00%||20.00%||40.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Buspirone hydrochloride * :
|Erectile dysfunction||16.67%||83.33% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Buspirone hydrochloride * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||16.67%||33.33%||16.67% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Buspirone hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||20.00%||40.00%||20.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (2 people, 33.33%)
- Generalised anxiety disorder (2 people, 33.33%)
- Panic attack (1 people, 16.67%)
- Hyperlipidemia (1 people, 16.67%)
- Neuropathy - peripheral (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vyvanse (2 people, 33.33%)
- Abilify (1 people, 16.67%)
- Alprazolam (1 people, 16.67%)
- Amlodipine besylate (1 people, 16.67%)
- Atorvastatin calcium (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Erectile Dysfunction while taking Buspirone Hydrochloride?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Buspirone hydrochloride and have Erectile Dysfunction
- group for people who take Buspirone hydrochloride
- group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
Just a strange blood flowing/cool (temp) feeling in my penis. Started as a tingling cool feeling while on buspirone (a week into it) then a few days later lost ability to get erection, lost interest in sex, plus symptoms above. Now it's a week since I've been off buspirone after a two week use. Just now getting erection abilities back but interest in sex still low. Semen amount very low and/or of dry consistency. Also get that strange blood flowing feeling penis. No pain though.
From this study (9 months ago):
never had problem with having sex now cannot keep erection. feel cold,breathing problems, light headed
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Buspirone hydrochloride, Erectile dysfunction
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Buspar and chest painosborn@
Dr.prescribed Buspar for the severe anxiety I was experiencing with my PMDD. I took 1 10mg tablet.i did not have any effect from this drug , so I took another 10mg tab. And the started having sharp chest pains. Has this happened to anyone else?
- Prednisone causes erection and ejaculant increases
I am being treated for a lung infection and swelling in the lung with Prednisone. After just the first day I awake with a full erection and increased ejaculation.
I don't like the Viagra's side affects! Such as facial flush and head ache and unlike Prednisone, Viagra does not help increase my ...
More reviews for: Buspirone hydrochloride, Erectile dysfunction
On eHealthMe, Buspirone Hydrochloride (buspirone hydrochloride) is often used for stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions Buspirone Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Buspirone Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Erectile Dysfunction is also known as: Drugs that may cause impotence, ED, Erectile Disturbance, Erection problems, Impotence, Impotence and age, Sexual Dysfunction, Sexual dysfunction - male.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (60 seconds ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (6 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (8 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (57 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (59 minutes ago)
- Solidago Virgaurea
- Midodrine Hydrochloride (impax Pharms) 2.5mg
- Acetaminophen Aspirin And Codeine Phosphate
- Caclia Doce
- Nausea And Vomiting