Review: could Byetta cause Diabetic gastroparesis?
Summary: Diabetic gastroparesis is found among people who take Byetta, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Prilosec, and have Type 2 diabetes.
We study 48,635 people who have side effects while taking Byetta from FDA and social media. Among them, 11 have Diabetic gastroparesis. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetic gastroparesis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Byetta and have Diabetic gastroparesis >>>
Byetta has active ingredients of exenatide synthetic. It is often used in type 2 diabetes. (latest outcomes from 48,832 Byetta users)
Diabetic gastroparesis (paralysis of the muscles of the stomach caused by diabetes) has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, diabetes, bipolar disorder, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 604 Diabetic gastroparesis patients)
On Apr, 11, 2015: 48,635 people reported to have side effects when taking Byetta. Among them, 11 people (0.02%) have Diabetic Gastroparesis.
Time on Byetta when people have Diabetic gastroparesis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Diabetic gastroparesis||28.57%||0.00%||14.29%||42.86%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Diabetic gastroparesis when taking Byetta * :
|Diabetic gastroparesis||53.85%||46.15% |
Age of people who have Diabetic gastroparesis when taking Byetta * :
|Diabetic gastroparesis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||18.18%||36.36%||9.09%||36.36% |
Severity of Diabetic gastroparesis when taking Byetta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Diabetic gastroparesis||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Diabetic gastroparesis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Diabetic gastroparesis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (3 people, 27.27%)
- Dyspepsia (3 people, 27.27%)
- Nausea (2 people, 18.18%)
- Depression (2 people, 18.18%)
- Insomnia (1 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (5 people, 45.45%)
- Lasix (4 people, 36.36%)
- Synthroid (4 people, 36.36%)
- Lipitor (4 people, 36.36%)
- Metformin hcl (4 people, 36.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetic Gastroparesis while taking Byetta?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Byetta and have Diabetic Gastroparesis
- support group for people who take Byetta
- support group for people who have Diabetic Gastroparesis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Coenzyme Q10, ASA, Plavix, Actos, Metformin, Glucotrol, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Zocor, Glipizide, Byetta for a 73-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Hyperlipidaemia, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Parkinsonian Rest Tremor, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependenet.
- A study of side effects of Bydureon for a 32-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Blood Lactate Dehydrogenase Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Lyrica, Neurontin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Losartan, Bydureon, Metformin, Humalog, Chantix for a 39-year old woman with Deficiency Anaemia, Pain, Gerd, Neuropathy, Hypertension, Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Quit Smoking. The patient has Amphetamines Positive
- A study of side effects of Bydureon for a 24-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes.
- A study of side effects of Bydureon for a 45-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Eye Twitch
Recent Byetta related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Bydureon, Kombiglyze Xr for a 65-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Lantus Solostar, Byetta, Tradjenta for a 50-year old woman who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Byetta, Levemir, Lantus, Novolog for a 77-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Bydureon, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Metformin for a 56-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Byetta, Victoza for a 54-year old woman who has Type 2 Diabetes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.