Review: could Byetta cause Diabetic gastroparesis?
Summary: Diabetic gastroparesis is found among people who take Byetta, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Prilosec, and have Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
We study 48,633 people who have side effects while taking Byetta from FDA and social media. Among them, 11 have Diabetic gastroparesis. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetic gastroparesis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Byetta and have Diabetic gastroparesis >>>
Byetta has active ingredients of exenatide synthetic. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Byetta 48,829 users)
Diabetic gastroparesis (paralysis of the muscles of the stomach caused by diabetes) has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, diabetes, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Diabetic gastroparesis 602 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 48,633 people reported to have side effects when taking Byetta. Among them, 11 people (0.02%) have Diabetic Gastroparesis.
Time on Byetta when people have Diabetic gastroparesis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Diabetic gastroparesis||28.57%||0.00%||14.29%||42.86%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Diabetic gastroparesis when taking Byetta * :
|Diabetic gastroparesis||53.85%||46.15% |
Age of people who have Diabetic gastroparesis when taking Byetta * :
|Diabetic gastroparesis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||18.18%||36.36%||9.09%||36.36% |
Severity of Diabetic gastroparesis when taking Byetta ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Diabetic gastroparesis||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Diabetic gastroparesis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Diabetic gastroparesis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (3 people, 27.27%)
- Dyspepsia (3 people, 27.27%)
- Nausea (2 people, 18.18%)
- Depression (2 people, 18.18%)
- Insomnia (1 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (5 people, 45.45%)
- Lasix (4 people, 36.36%)
- Synthroid (4 people, 36.36%)
- Lipitor (4 people, 36.36%)
- Metformin hcl (4 people, 36.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetic Gastroparesis while taking Byetta?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Byetta and have Diabetic Gastroparesis
- support group for people who take Byetta
- support group for people who have Diabetic Gastroparesis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does anyone have type 1 diabetes and gastropresis experiencing leg, ankle, foot and/or face swelling? i am wondering if it could be caused by vitamin deficiency?
(Asked by a 27 year old woman who has Diabetic Gastroparesis, and takes Papaya)
I was diaganosed with Gastroparesis about 4 1/2 years ago and have had flare ups off and on. But i had a bad one this last December and my stomach and body aren't recovering very well. I am 29 and was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when i turned 21. For the past couple of months my legs, ankles, fee ...
- Is staph and cellulitis a side effect of byetta
(Asked by a 53 year old man who has Cellulitis Staphylococcal, Necrosis, and takes Byetta)
MY HUSBAND TOOK BYETTA FOR DIABETES. HE WAS GIVING HIS SHOTS IN HIS ARMS AND LEGS UNTIL HIS DOCTOR TOLD HIM IT WOULD BE MORE EFFECTIVE IF HE GAVE THE SHOTS IN HIS STOMACH. OVER THE COURSE OF SEVERAL YEARS (2-3) HIS STOMACH BEGAN TO BREAK DOWN, PANNICULITIS, CELLULITIS, STAPH INFECTION, ULTIMATELY LE ...
- Is there a correllation between diphenhydramine usage and congestive heart failure?
(Asked by a 50 year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Cardiac Failure Congestive, Diabetic Gastroparesis, Chronic Pain, Diabetic Neuropathy, Phenegran, and takes Novolog Mix 70/30, Lantus, Actos, Furosemide, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Spironolactone, Warfarin Sodium, Lisinopril, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Phenergan, Zantac 300, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride)
I have been a diabetic for 15 yrs, insulin dependent for 8 yrs. I was diagnosed with CHF in July of 2012. I have had two more episodes where I have decompensated, the most recent at the time of this writing (7/6). I took 2 doses of 50 mg Benadyl each about 4=5 hrs. apart. I was fine last night when ...
- What are the drug interaction between andrgel and xanax
(Asked by a 76 year old man who has Tinnitus, Lichen Planus, Arterial Stents, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, and takes Androgel, Xanax, Lasix, Cardura, Byetta, Plavix, Clonazepam)
More questions for: Byetta, Diabetic gastroparesis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urinary track infection and bydureon
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has UTI, Uti. Haven't Had Any In Years..hard To Get Rid Of., and takes Bydureon)
After 7 weeks of nausea vomiting and diarrhea I got a uti that was hard to get rid of. I also have an inflammation of sacaril nerve. Have had antibiotics and steroids. It is still hurting after 2 months.Don't know if this is connected but is a fact.
More reviews for: Byetta, Diabetic gastroparesis
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a patient with Chronic Depression. The patient has Diabetic Gastroparesis (paralysis of the muscles of the stomach caused by diabetes)
Comments: Been on lamictal over 10 years as well as wellbrutin 1996. Been on lamictal on and off many years.Now they want to take out stomach could this been avoided if I was told about side affects earlier.ALSO BEEN ON WELLBRUTIN MANY YEARS
- A study of side effects of Bydureon for a patient with Diabetes. The patient has Squamous Cell Carcinoma Of Skin (a cancer of a kind of epithelial cell, the squamous cell. these cells are the main part of the epidermis of the skin)
Comments: Red, rough spot developed shortly after started bydureon. Biopsy 6 months later shows cancer. More spots appeared at 9 months and more in last month. Any other reports of skin cancer related to this drug?
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Mirapex, Albuterol, Bydureon, Wellbutrin, Phentermine, Metformin for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Restless Leg Syndrome, Asthma, Type 2 Diabetes, Anxiety, Weight Control. The patient has Sweating - Excessive
Comments: Heat over 65 degrees, any type of activity, house cleaning, walking. etc. In a hurry, stress. This is so embarrassing. My hair becomes wet, sweat drips from my face and neck. People think I am nuts or coming off of drugs. has limited my activities due to embarrassment or can't stay dry enough to fi ...
- A study of side effects of Bydureon for a patient with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Hives
Comments: I have psoriasis and I am taking Humira. I also have type2 diabetes taking metformin extended 500mg, Lantus solostar 25 units, and Bydureon. I have been taking Bydureon for that last 5/6 months. I've noticed that I am having increase, what looks like additional psoriasis. Now I'm wondering if it' ...
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a patient with Fibromyalgia Syndrome. The patient has Diabetic Gastroparesis (paralysis of the muscles of the stomach caused by diabetes)
Comments: I gained 5 lbs a day when I first started gabapentin. I gained a total of 50 lbs before the gaining stopped. I was taking a total of 900 mg a day. I expressed concern about the weight gain and speed and was told I needed to get well first. I was found to have gastroparesis about a year later. W ...
More related studies for: Byetta, Diabetic gastroparesis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.