Byetta and Diabetic gastroparesis - from FDA reports
Diabetic gastroparesis is found among people who take Byetta, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Actos, and have Hyperlipidaemia. This review analyzes which people have Diabetic gastroparesis with Byetta. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 56,888 people who have side effects when taking Byetta from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 29, 2017
56,888 people reported to have side effects when taking Byetta.
Among them, 12 people (0.02%) have Diabetic gastroparesis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Byetta when people have Diabetic gastroparesis *:
- < 1 month: 20 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 20 %
- 1 - 2 years: 60 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Diabetic gastroparesis when taking Byetta *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Diabetic gastroparesis when taking Byetta *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 25 %
- 40-49: 50 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 25 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Indigestion (3 people, 25.00%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (3 people, 25.00%)
- Nausea (2 people, 16.67%)
- Depression (2 people, 16.67%)
- High Blood Pressure (1 person, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prilosec (5 people, 41.67%)
- Actos (5 people, 41.67%)
- Synthroid (4 people, 33.33%)
- Risperdal (4 people, 33.33%)
- Lipitor (4 people, 33.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Gastritis (5 people, 41.67%)
- Weight Decreased (4 people, 33.33%)
- Type 1 Diabetes (4 people, 33.33%)
- Pancreatitis Acute (4 people, 33.33%)
- Pancreatitis (3 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Diabetic gastroparesis when taking Byetta?
- Check symptoms - is diabetic gastroparesis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDiabetic gastroparesis and drugs with ingredients of exenatide synthetic.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDiabetic gastroparesis and Byetta from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Byetta has active ingredients of exenatide synthetic. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Byetta 57,272 users)
Diabetic gastroparesis (paralysis of the muscles of the stomach caused by diabetes) has been reported by people with depression, diabetes, stress and anxiety, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure (latest reports from 709 Diabetic gastroparesis patients).
Browse all side effects of Byettaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Diabetic gastroparesisDiabetic gastroparesis
Could your condition cause Diabetic gastroparesisDiabetic gastroparesis
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
I have end stage renal disease and was prescribed a dose of valtrex to fight a shingles/herpes outbreak. The dose prescribed was 1 gram 3x per day. I was only able to follow the prescription for 3.5 days as my kidney function caused the valtrex to build up in my system. I became psychotic and ...
My name is Carol. Im a diabetic and started on Byetta 2 months ago. 1st month 5mcg and this month 10mcg. For the fist time I can say my diabetes is controlled. But I have terrible diarrhoea and it does not get better.
Im writing this for my mum ,Name Jackie she had been on Byetta for 15 years and then got her diabetes 2 under control with diet change and kept her blood levels low for months she came off byetta but she had started having waking memory loss a couple of months before coming off Byetta which is ...