Home > Bystolic > Acid reflux > Bystolic and Acid reflux
Review: could Bystolic cause Acid reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Acid reflux is found among people who take Bystolic, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Diazepam, and have High blood pressure.
We study 3,940 people who have side effects while taking Bystolic from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Acid reflux. Find out below who they are, when they have Acid reflux and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Bystolic and have Acid reflux >>>
Bystolic (latest outcomes from 4,833 users) has active ingredients of nebivolol hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) (latest reports from 10,551 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 3,937 people reported to have side effects when taking Bystolic. Among them, 12 people (0.30%) have Acid Reflux.
Time on Bystolic when people have Acid reflux * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||22.22%||11.11%||11.11%||44.44%||11.11%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Acid reflux when taking Bystolic * :
|Acid reflux||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Acid reflux when taking Bystolic * :
|Acid reflux||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||41.67%||16.67%||25.00% |
Severity of Acid reflux when taking Bystolic ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||60.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Acid reflux ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||42.86%||57.14% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood pressure (7 people, 58.33%)
- Muscle spasms (2 people, 16.67%)
- Depression (2 people, 16.67%)
- Anxiety disorder (2 people, 16.67%)
- Anxiety disorder due to a general medical condition (2 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Diazepam (2 people, 16.67%)
- Xanax (2 people, 16.67%)
- Nexium (2 people, 16.67%)
- Aspirin (2 people, 16.67%)
- Ranitidine (1 people, 8.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acid Reflux while taking Bystolic?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Bystolic and have Acid Reflux
- support group for people who take Bystolic
- support group for people who have Acid Reflux
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Did you have a heart fibrillations and anxiety and depression
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Heartburn - Chronic, and takes Omeprazole)
I was a pretty calm and relaxed person until I started omeprazole which after taking it for about 2 weeks,I didn't realize that I was stressing and having anxiety due to this drug. but it kept taking it . I got worse and worse every time I tried to do something I would get terrible anxiety and depr ...
- Cymbalta r/t autonomic neuropathy
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Stomach Pains, GERD, Fatique, Constipation, Dizzness, Early Satiety)
losartan 20 mg
tired all the time, dizziness, chronic constipation, stomach pains, pins and needles, diabetic type 2 hx alcoholism resolved, gerd, early satiety
- I was jut diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. i called my doctor's office today to ask what otc pain reliever i could take for joint pain. the nurse said i should take only tylenol. is this correct?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has GERD, Autoimmune Hepatitis, and takes Protonix)
Information on the web says Tylenol is known to cause autoimmune hepatitis. I am concerned that my doctor's nurse had instructed me to take it. I was hoping it would be safe to take Alive.
- How many people suffered by gastro intestianal upset by taking paliperidone palmitate?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has GERD, and takes Invega Sustenna)
paliperidone and antacid combonation used??
can anybody tell these combination is apprpriate to take??
details about palaiperidone palmita?
advere effects of paliperidone palmitate?
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
More questions for: Bystolic, Acid reflux
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Loss of voice and stomach issues
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has REFLUX, LOSS OF VOICE, Now Diagnosed With DES, LRP, DYSPHONIA, and takes HCTZ, Clindamycin)
Prescribed to take 2 - 300 mg tablets of Clindamycin prior to dental procedure to to knee implant done a month and half before dental procedure. Took two pills one hour prior and immediate severe burning of throat, esophagous and stomach with constant nausea. Still have symptons - ie loss of voice ...
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Heartburn, Nausea, Heart Palpitations)
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Prednisone side effects
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Headache, Anxiety, Heartburn, Blurred Vision, Nausea, and takes Prednisone)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
More reviews for: Bystolic, Acid reflux
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamins, Flonase, Fenofibrate, Niaspan, Lovaza, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Androgel, Bystolic, Nexium, Diovan for a patient with Low Magnesium, Fatigue, Post Nasal Drip, High Bloood Triglycerides, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Herpes Gestationis, Low Testosterone, Heart, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has
Comments: Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Losartan, Metformin, Glyburide, Bystolic, Pradaxa for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Diabetic Coma, Blood Pressure Increased, A-fib. The patient has Leg Cramping, Weakness
Comments: I stop pradaxa a week before having pain shot for lower back pain. I have no pain or weakness for about a week after going back on pradaxa. This has happended three times now. Can't say for sure the pradaxa is the cause or if that is the amount of time the pain shot last.
- A study of side effects of Oxybutynin Chloride for a patient with Spinal Cord Injury Cervical. The patient has Abdominal Bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen), Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease), Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Acid Reflux (stomach acids rise up)
Comments: I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ago my stomach seemingly stopped being able to digest food well. Symptoms include acid reflux/GERD, belching, abdominal bloating, increased spasms, and severely decreased sleep. UCSF, Stanford, and gastroenterologists have not been able to diagnose ...
- A study of side effects of Bystolic for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has
Comments: I've been taking 2.5 mg at bed time. The only side effect I've noted is mild insomnia. I wake at 2 a.m. and it takes about 15-30 mins to go back to sleep. My Bp has gone from 220/118 to 130's/90's. I have regained a lot of energy and mobility. No more headaches or achy joints. By evening my Bp will ...
- A study of drug interactions between Savella, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection, Acid Reflux
Comments: I have been experiencing reoccurring UTI's and now have symptoms of acid reflux. I started taking Savella about 2 years ago. So I am trying to determine if these symptoms could be being caused by the medications.
More related studies for: Bystolic, Acid reflux
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.