Review: could Bystolic cause Ed (Erection problems)?
Summary: Ed is found among people who take Bystolic, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 3,967 people who have side effects while taking Bystolic from FDA and social media. Among them, 42 have Ed. Find out below who they are, when they have Ed and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bystolic and have Ed >>>
Bystolic has active ingredients of nebivolol hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 4,860 Bystolic users)
Ed has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 31,491 Ed patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 3,959 people reported to have side effects when taking Bystolic. Among them, 42 people (1.06%) have Ed.
Time on Bystolic when people have Ed * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Ed when taking Bystolic * :
Age of people who have Ed when taking Bystolic * :
Severity of Ed when taking Bystolic ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Ed ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (14 people, 33.33%)
- High blood pressure (12 people, 28.57%)
- Erectile dysfunction (5 people, 11.90%)
- High blood cholesterol (4 people, 9.52%)
- Blood pressure increased (2 people, 4.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (6 people, 14.29%)
- Lisinopril (5 people, 11.90%)
- Simvastatin (4 people, 9.52%)
- Viagra (3 people, 7.14%)
- Synthroid (3 people, 7.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of bystolic and ed on
Do you have Ed while taking Bystolic?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Bystolic and have Ed
- support group for people who take Bystolic
- support group for people who have Ed
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Bystolic related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Benicar, Losartan, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Bystolic for a 71-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Benicar Hct, Bystolic, Terazosin Hydrochloride for a 65-year old man who has Enlarged Prostate
- Comparions of Bystolic, Carvedilol for a 69-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Benicar, Bystolic, Diovan, Candesartan Cilexetil, Telmisartan for a 49-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Bystolic, Amlodipine, Atenolol for a 73-year old man who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.