Review: could Bystolic cause Tinnitus?
Summary: Tinnitus is found among people who take Bystolic, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Hydrochlorothiazide, and have High blood pressure.
We study 3,967 people who have side effects while taking Bystolic from FDA and social media. Among them, 27 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bystolic and have Tinnitus >>>
Bystolic has active ingredients of nebivolol hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 4,860 Bystolic users)
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,273 Tinnitus patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 3,959 people reported to have side effects when taking Bystolic. Among them, 28 people (0.71%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Bystolic when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Bystolic * :
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Bystolic * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Bystolic ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (13 people, 46.43%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 17.86%)
- High blood pressure (3 people, 10.71%)
- Pain (2 people, 7.14%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (2 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Hydrochlorothiazide (4 people, 14.29%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 14.29%)
- Crestor (4 people, 14.29%)
- Xanax (4 people, 14.29%)
- Metformin hcl (3 people, 10.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of bystolic and tinnitus on
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Bystolic?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Bystolic and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Bystolic
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Omega 3, Sinemet, Escitalopram, Bystolic, Lotrel, Simvastatin, Clonazepam, Vesicare for a 60-year old man with Incontinence, Age-related Hearing Loss, Parkinson's Disease, Depression, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Sleep Disorder, Urgent Urination. The patient has Fatigue, Parkinsonian Gait, Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Bystolic for a 66-year old woman with Skin Tightness, High Blood Pressure. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Quercetin-3-rhamnoglucoside, Aspirin, Bystolic, Avodart for a 72-year old man with Bph, Heart Disease, Hypertension. The patient has Hypertension
- A study of side effects of Colofac for a 66-year old woman with IBS. The patient has Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears)
Recent Bystolic related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.