Review: could Bystolic cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Bystolic, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 3,940 people who have side effects while taking Bystolic from FDA and social media. Among them, 76 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Bystolic and have Weight gain >>>
Bystolic has active ingredients of nebivolol hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Bystolic 4,838 users)
Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Weight gain 75,856 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 3,937 people reported to have side effects when taking Bystolic. Among them, 76 people (1.93%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Bystolic when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||37.50%||25.00%||12.50%||20.83%||4.17%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Bystolic * :
|Weight gain||70.13%||29.87% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Bystolic * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.80%||14.49%||26.09%||53.62% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Bystolic ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||11.11%||55.56%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (35 people, 46.05%)
- Depression (7 people, 9.21%)
- Bipolar disorder (6 people, 7.89%)
- Blood pressure increased (5 people, 6.58%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 6.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (19 people, 25.00%)
- Simvastatin (12 people, 15.79%)
- Lisinopril (12 people, 15.79%)
- Lipitor (11 people, 14.47%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (10 people, 13.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Bystolic?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Bystolic and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Bystolic
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Are an increase in appetite & tiredness side effects of the birth control tri-sprintec?
In the past I have taken the birth control Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and have never had any problems. I just switched to the generic brand, Tri-sprintec. I have now officially been taking Tri-Sprintec for 2 months. I recently started to notice that my appetite has increased and I've been eating A LOT more than normal; I have definitely started to gain weight. I also have been a lot more tired than usual.
- Bisoprolol ,ive gained 56 pounds
i had a triple by pass,and was prescribed bisoprolol.since taking it i have gained 4 stones in weight ,ive tried diets ,exercise nothing takes the weight off ,should i stop the tablets.
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid dreams that carry over when she awakens, or if she wakes up and sees visions. I do not want to change her meds, if possible. This combination of Aricept, Namenda and Lexapro have allowed her to be sharper mentally than she has in a number of years. Except for the hallucinations, it's been nothing short of amazing. Please help. Thank you
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- I am looking for the cause of onion like bo which has developed over the past three or four months (1 answer)
I suspected it about 4 months ago but couldn't pin it down. Then 2 months ago I started an exercise program which causes me to sweat heavily. It really became noticeable at that point. I shower daily but if I work up a little sweat I can notice it. It seems to be getting worse. I did occasionally eat onions but have since cut them out. I used to eat a lot more and never had this problem.
My internet searches have found nothing.
More questions for: Bystolic, Weight gain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bystolic for treatment of psvt
To my frustration, PSVT symptoms were ignored by heart specialists in Houston for some two years. After moving to Kansas City, I described the episodes of doubling heart rate when at rest to my general practitioner. He immediately recognized the problem and prescribed 5 mg Bystolic and I've been symptom free now for over four years and have seen no side effects. My question is: Why isn't the generic version Nebivolol available in the U.S? A 90-day supply costs only $50 (USD) when ordered from a Canadian Pharmacy.
- Lyrica varied widely
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the drug, but the urologist suggested lowering the dose. I did, and the swelling went down. I weighed myself daily and watched what I ate, and my weight returned to normal within a month. Subsequently, I continued taking the lower dose and had no further problems. Then I developed severe spinal stenosis, and my dosage of Lyrica was increased to six 75 capsules daily, in addition to 480 mg of morphine sulphate. I tolerated the Lyrica well. After surgery, however, my ankles began to swell again, and although I didn't have a problem with weight gain, I developed a bright red rash from ankles to knees. I dropped the dosage of Lyrica to 50 mg twice daily, and had no further side effects. The rash simply disappeared, with no damage to the skin. Following the surgery, I was able to titrate off morphine completely. I continue to take Lyrica twice daily. It doesn't seem to affect pain (I still ache a bit, as I have degenerative changes in all joints) but it does dampen peripheral neuropathy, which I experience both in my toes and balls of my feet. It also dampens the neuropathy in my forehead, where I had four surgeries to remove a malignant melanoma. I have had no side effects other than those mentioned, and find it interesting the I could tolerate a high dosage of Lyrica prior to surgery, but after surgery could not, and that adverse side effects varied not only with the dosage but with my own physical condition. I don't find it to be highly effective in treating neuropathy, but it does still the tingling enough to let me sleep and take my mind off the condition.
- Crestor side effects (1 response)
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad experience, my menstrual periods don't come normal anymore, or sometimes it takes two or three months to come back again. I have hot flashes day or night, and the last one is that I'm gaining weight. I'm not sure what to do, any pill will give you side effects, I never read side effects. I'm 100% percent this is not coincides is real an is happening to me.
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Bystolic and shoulder pain
About 2 weeks after starting on Bystolic 5mg I started to have a lot of pain in my right shoulder. I asked my doctor if it could be cause by taking Bystolic but of course she didn't think so. I've been on the drug for almost 5 weeks and the pain is getting more noticeable and aggravating. Can I stop taking the Bystolic cold turkey to see if the pain goes away. All I'm basically taking it for is blood pressure spiking due to anxiety and I don't even think I need it after being reassured by the cardiologist that my heart is healthy. My Blood pressure is usually low except when I have stress or anxiety.
More reviews for: Bystolic, Weight gain
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have Lupus and Fibromyalgia and I had surgery on my intestine. 5 1/2 inches were taken removed from my rectum because of a polyp that was flat against the wall of my intestine. My joints and muscles are really sore and because I was given prednisone for years my bones are very bad. I get a shot of ...
- Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- I stop pradaxa a week before having pain shot for lower back pain. I have no pain or weakness for about a week after going back on pradaxa. This has happended three times now. Can't say for sure the pradaxa is the cause or if that is the amount of time the pain shot last.
- The lesions on face are like zits but not acne. They swell and pulsate and ooze throughout the day and have hard white or yellow waxy pits in them when popped. They respond to calamine lotion somewhat but have not gone away in 6 months, always occurring in the same place. From ear to ear under the j ...
- I've been taking 2.5 mg at bed time. The only side effect I've noted is mild insomnia. I wake at 2 a.m. and it takes about 15-30 mins to go back to sleep. My Bp has gone from 220/118 to 130's/90's. I have regained a lot of energy and mobility. No more headaches or achy joints. By evening my Bp will ...
More related studies for: Bystolic, Weight gain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.