Review: could Bystolic cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Bystolic, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 3,967 people who have side effects while taking Bystolic from FDA and social media. Among them, 76 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bystolic and have Weight gain >>>
Bystolic has active ingredients of nebivolol hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 4,860 Bystolic users)
Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,623 Weight gain patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 3,959 people reported to have side effects when taking Bystolic. Among them, 76 people (1.92%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Bystolic when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||37.50%||25.00%||12.50%||20.83%||4.17%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Bystolic * :
|Weight gain||70.13%||29.87% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Bystolic * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.80%||14.49%||26.09%||53.62% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Bystolic ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||11.11%||55.56%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (35 people, 46.05%)
- Depression (7 people, 9.21%)
- Bipolar disorder (6 people, 7.89%)
- Blood pressure increased (5 people, 6.58%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 6.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (19 people, 25.00%)
- Simvastatin (12 people, 15.79%)
- Lisinopril (12 people, 15.79%)
- Lipitor (11 people, 14.47%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (10 people, 13.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of bystolic and weight gain on
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Bystolic?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Bystolic and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Bystolic
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 30-year old woman with Nerve Injury. The patient has Lower Sex Driver, Weight Gain, Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat)
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
- A study of drug interactions between Alesse, Garcinia Cambogia for a 34-year old woman with Premenstrual Syndrome, Weight Loss. The patient has Fluid Retention, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Omega 3, Sinemet, Escitalopram, Bystolic, Lotrel, Simvastatin, Clonazepam, Vesicare for a 60-year old man with Incontinence, Age-related Hearing Loss, Parkinson's Disease, Depression, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Sleep Disorder, Urgent Urination. The patient has Fatigue, Parkinsonian Gait, Tremor
Recent Bystolic related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.