Could Bystolic cause Wheezing - from FDA reports
Wheezing is found among people who take Bystolic, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Nexium, and have High blood pressure . We study 8,991 people who have side effects while taking Bystolic from FDA. Among them, 38 have Wheezing. Find out below who they are, when they have Wheezing and more.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Bystolic has active ingredients of nebivolol hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Bystolic 9,771 users)
Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath) has been reported by people with asthma, high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, rheumatoid arthritis, pain (latest reports from 24,226 Wheezing patients).
On Nov, 29, 2016
8,991 people reported to have side effects when taking Bystolic.
Among them, 38 people (0.42%) have Wheezing
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Bystolic when people have Wheezing *:
- < 1 month: 62.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 12.5 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Wheezing when taking Bystolic *:
- female: 84.21 %
- male: 15.79 %
Age of people who have Wheezing when taking Bystolic *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 3.57 %
- 30-39: 3.57 %
- 40-49: 10.71 %
- 50-59: 17.86 %
- 60+: 64.29 %
Severity of Wheezing **:
- least: 0.0 %
- moderate: 100 %
- severe: 0.0 %
- most severe: 0.0 %
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nexium (8 people, 21.05%)
- Lisinopril (7 people, 18.42%)
- Tekturna (5 people, 13.16%)
- Lipitor (5 people, 13.16%)
- Diovan (5 people, 13.16%)
Forecasts by ePatient.care (We will alert you to new symptoms or undetected conditions when you take Bystolic, learn more )
Potential co-existing conditions
- Asthma (6 people, 15.79%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (2 people, 5.26%)
- Parkinson's Disease (2 people, 5.26%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (2 people, 5.26%)
- Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease (2 people, 5.26%)
Potential co-existing symptoms
- Breathing Difficulty (17 people, 44.74%)
- Cough (13 people, 34.21%)
- Chest Pain (13 people, 34.21%)
- High Blood Pressure (8 people, 21.05%)
- Dizziness (8 people, 21.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Wheezing when taking Bystolic?
- Check symptoms - is wheezing caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Bystolica b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with WheezingWheezing
Could your condition cause WheezingWheezing
Can you answer these questions?
I took only max 12.5 venlafaxine during cipro 10 days, sometimes nothing or less than 12.5 just to get ride of dizziness because prior I was trying to get off it, now my heart rate goes up a little from high 60's to 80 -85 resting once a while with some fluxuation with blood pressure, can ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been taking Metformin for prediabeties since June. When I increased the dosage to 1000mgm, per Doctor's instructions, i feel like I have a cold and I wheeze and tire easily. I have never wheezed before.