Review: could Calcium carbonate cause Lactose intolerance?
Summary: Lactose intolerance is reported only by a few people who take Calcium carbonate.
We study 131 people who have side effects while taking Calcium carbonate from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Lactose intolerance and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Calcium carbonate and have Lactose intolerance >>>
Calcium carbonate has active ingredients of calcium. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from 251 Calcium carbonate users)
Lactose intolerance (inability to digest lactose) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, pain, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 1,009 Lactose intolerance patients)
On Feb, 17, 2015: 131 people reported to have side effects when taking Calcium carbonate. Among them, 1 people (0.76%) has Lactose Intolerance.
Time on Calcium carbonate when people have Lactose intolerance * :
Gender of people who have Lactose intolerance when taking Calcium carbonate * :
|Lactose intolerance||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Lactose intolerance when taking Calcium carbonate * :
|Lactose intolerance||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Lactose intolerance when taking Calcium carbonate ** :
How people recovered from Lactose intolerance ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lactose Intolerance while taking Calcium Carbonate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Calcium carbonate and have Lactose Intolerance
- support group for people who take Calcium carbonate
- support group for people who have Lactose Intolerance
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Calcium carbonate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Allopurinol, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate for a 88-year old woman who has Hypokalemia
- Comparions of Centrum, Calcium Lactate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 38-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Calcium, Folic Acid, Prednisone, Omeprazole for a 20-year old woman who has Miriam
- Comparions of Calcium, Magnesium Oxide, Imdur, Amlodipine Besylate for a 65-year old woman who has Vasospasm
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Sulfasalazine, Calcium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Tysabri for a 43-year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.