Review: could Calcium carbonate cause Lactose intolerance?
Summary: Lactose intolerance is reported only by a few people who take Calcium carbonate.
We study 132 people who have side effects while taking Calcium carbonate from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Lactose intolerance and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Calcium carbonate and have Lactose intolerance >>>
Calcium carbonate has active ingredients of calcium. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from 252 Calcium carbonate users)
Lactose intolerance (inability to digest lactose) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, pain, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 1,010 Lactose intolerance patients)
On Apr, 24, 2015: 132 people reported to have side effects when taking Calcium carbonate. Among them, 1 people (0.76%) has Lactose Intolerance.
Time on Calcium carbonate when people have Lactose intolerance * :
Gender of people who have Lactose intolerance when taking Calcium carbonate * :
|Lactose intolerance||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Lactose intolerance when taking Calcium carbonate * :
|Lactose intolerance||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Lactose intolerance when taking Calcium carbonate ** :
How people recovered from Lactose intolerance ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Calcium carbonate and lactose intolerance on
Do you have Lactose Intolerance while taking Calcium Carbonate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Calcium carbonate and have Lactose Intolerance
- support group for people who take Calcium carbonate
- support group for people who have Lactose Intolerance
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Simvastatin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Prilosec Otc, Cayenne, Multivitamin, Melatonin, Fish Oil, Calcium, Biotin, B Complex Vitamin, Tavist Allergy/sinus/headache, Actifed, Norco for a 50-year old woman with General Physical Condition, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Heartburn - Chronic, Edema, General Physical Health Deterioration, Difficulty Falling Asleep, Bone Strength And Calcium, Spoon Nails, Fatigue, Allergies, Chronic Pain. The patient has Enlarged Liver
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Pepcid Ac, Aspirin, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Calcium, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Metoprolol Succinate, Advair Diskus 100/50, Concerta, Imiquimod for a 53-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Acid Reflux, General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergy, Constipation, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Adhd, Plantar Warts. The patient has Blood Potassium Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Meclizine, Restoril, Magnesium Glycinate, Flexeril, Calcium Carbonate, Calcitriol, Synthroid, Cymbalta for a 55-year old woman with Nausea, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Hypoparathyroidism Secondary, Muscle Spasticity, Hypothyroidism Postoperative, Pain. The patient has Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Fenofibrate, Vitamin D, Calcium, Osteoscan, Acetazolamide for a 37-year old woman with Hypertriglyceridaemia, Vitamin D Decreased, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Glaucoma. The patient has Musculoskeletal Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin D, Restasis, Gabapentin, Remeron, Buspar, Naproxen for a 54-year old woman with General Symptom, Eyes - Dry, Restless Leg Syndrome, Ptsd, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Anxiety Postoperative
Recent Calcium carbonate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Allopurinol, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate for a 88-year old woman who has Hypokalemia
- Comparions of Centrum, Calcium Lactate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 38-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Calcium, Folic Acid, Prednisone, Omeprazole for a 20-year old woman who has Miriam
- Comparions of Calcium, Magnesium Oxide, Imdur, Amlodipine Besylate for a 65-year old woman who has Vasospasm
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Sulfasalazine, Calcium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Tysabri for a 43-year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.