Home > Calcium citrate > Diarrhea > Calcium citrate and Diarrhea
Review: could Calcium citrate cause Diarrhea?
We study 1,249 people who have side effects while taking Calcium citrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 106 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Calcium citrate and have Diarrhea >>>
Calcium citrate (latest outcomes from 1,343 users) has active ingredients of calcium. It is often used in osteopenia.
Diarrhea (latest reports from 1,102,104 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 1,248 people reported to have side effects when taking Calcium citrate. Among them, 106 people (8.49%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Calcium citrate when people have Diarrhea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Calcium citrate * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Calcium citrate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (43 people, 40.57%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (29 people, 27.36%)
- Multiple myeloma (15 people, 14.15%)
- Thrombocytopenia (11 people, 10.38%)
- Crohn's disease (8 people, 7.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (47 people, 44.34%)
- Prednisone (43 people, 40.57%)
- Aredia (41 people, 38.68%)
- Protonix (36 people, 33.96%)
- Prilosec (36 people, 33.96%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Calcium Citrate?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Calcium citrate and have Diarrhea
- support group for people who take Calcium citrate
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Calcium citrate, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Pokeweed skin lesions
I have a large patch of pokeweed in my woods. It is lovely -- but treacherous for me. Mid to late summer, I'll cut a few down (with a lopper) and carry them carefully to a brush pile. Invariably, even with the greatest care, I get skin hemorrhages on arms and legs. I wear long sleeve shirt and l ...
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Calcium citrate, Diarrhea
On eHealthMe, Calcium Citrate (calcium) is often used for osteopenia. Find out below the conditions Calcium Citrate is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Calcium Citrate used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Calcium Citrate, Magnesium, Omeprazole, Aspirin, Fish Oil, Sertraline, Chlorthalidone, Klor-con, Evista for a patient with Health, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Gerd, Ocd, Renal Tuberculosis, Potassium - Low, Osteoporosis. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium Citrate, Magnesium, Folic Acid, Lipitor, Lunesta, Lyrica, Amlodipine, Losartan, Mycophenolate Mofetil Hydrochloride, Prednisone, Protonix for a patient with Lupus Nephritis, High Cholesterol, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Lupus, Ge Reflux. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Klonopin, Zantac 150 - EQ 150MG BASE, Simvastatin, Aspirin, Lamictal - 50MG, Lisinopril, Acyclovir, Savella, Melatonin, Extra Strength Tylenol - 500mg, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Calcium for a patient with Depression, Anxiety, Gerd, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Pain, Bipolar 1, High Blood Pressure, Herpes Virus Infection, Fibromyalgia, Insomnia, Vitamin D Deficiency, Healthy Living, Bone Density Decreased. The patient has Diarrhoea, Lamictal
More related studies for: Calcium citrate, Diarrhea
Recent Calcium citrate related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Calcium citrate, Diarrhea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Dizziness and Megestrol Acetate
- Svt and Prednisolone
- Lamictal and Meningioma Benign
- Adderall and Neuropathy Peripheral
Recent user comments
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (18 minutes ago)
- "The depression has been so severe I didn't know what ... " (2 hours ago)
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (7 hours ago)
- Goji Berry
- Keloid Scar