Review: could Calcium cause Water retention (Fluid Retention)?
Summary: Water retention is found among people who take Calcium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 13,111 people who have side effects while taking Calcium from FDA and social media. Among them, 52 have Water retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Water retention and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Calcium and have Water retention >>>
Calcium has active ingredients of calcium. It is often used in osteopenia. (latest outcomes from 14,035 Calcium users)
Water retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 18,438 Water retention patients)
On Mar, 25, 2015: 13,111 people reported to have side effects when taking Calcium. Among them, 52 people (0.40%) have Water Retention.
Time on Calcium when people have Water retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Water retention||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||16.67%||50.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Water retention when taking Calcium * :
|Water retention||0.00%||0.00%||2.86%||0.00%||0.00%||11.43%||22.86%||62.86% |
Severity of Water retention when taking Calcium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Water retention||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Water retention ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Water retention||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (7 people, 13.46%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 7.69%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (3 people, 5.77%)
- Prophylaxis (3 people, 5.77%)
- Depression (3 people, 5.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (9 people, 17.31%)
- Vitamins (8 people, 15.38%)
- Furosemide (8 people, 15.38%)
- Coumadin (7 people, 13.46%)
- Lasix (7 people, 13.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Water Retention while taking Calcium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Calcium and have Water Retention
- support group for people who take Calcium
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Alesse, Garcinia Cambogia for a 34-year old woman with Premenstrual Syndrome, Weight Loss. The patient has Fluid Retention, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Iron Dextran, B-12, Calcium Citrate, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Invega, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Protein Malnutrition, Cystic Acne, Overactive Bladder, Bipolar 2. The patient has Musculoskeletal Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Musculoskeletal Stiffness
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Cytomel, Singulair, Elavil, Omeprazole, Effexor Xr for a 41-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Chronic Depression, Migraine - Classic, Keratosis Pilaris, Asthma, Gerd. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Letrozole for a 61-year old woman with Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium Chloride, Tylenol, Magnesium Glycinate, Flaxseed Oil, Zyrtec, Flonase, Prilosec, Restasis, Synthroid, Valium for a 59-year old woman with Enzyme Supplementation, Neck Pain, Migraine Without Aura, Dry Eye, Nasal Congestion, Gastric Ph Decreased, Thyroidectomy, Vertigo. The patient has Dizziness
Recent Calcium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Allopurinol, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate for a 88-year old woman who has Hypokalemia
- Comparions of Centrum, Calcium Lactate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 38-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Calcium, Folic Acid, Prednisone, Omeprazole for a 20-year old woman who has Miriam
- Comparions of Calcium, Magnesium Oxide, Imdur, Amlodipine Besylate for a 65-year old woman who has Vasospasm
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Sulfasalazine, Calcium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Tysabri for a 43-year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.