Review: could Candesartan cilexetil cause Atherosclerosis?
Summary: Atherosclerosis is found among people who take Candesartan cilexetil, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Furosemide, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 6,009 people who have side effects while taking Candesartan cilexetil from FDA and social media. Among them, 19 have Atherosclerosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Atherosclerosis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Candesartan cilexetil and have Atherosclerosis >>>
Candesartan cilexetil has active ingredients of candesartan cilexetil. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 6,146 Candesartan cilexetil users)
Atherosclerosis (disorder of the arteries) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, diabetes, pain, arthritis. (latest reports from 9,906 Atherosclerosis patients)
On Apr, 27, 2015: 6,009 people reported to have side effects when taking Candesartan cilexetil. Among them, 19 people (0.32%) have Atherosclerosis.
Time on Candesartan cilexetil when people have Atherosclerosis * :
Gender of people who have Atherosclerosis when taking Candesartan cilexetil * :
Age of people who have Atherosclerosis when taking Candesartan cilexetil * :
Severity of Atherosclerosis when taking Candesartan cilexetil ** :
How people recovered from Atherosclerosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (6 people, 31.58%)
- Eye infection (6 people, 31.58%)
- Vitamin supplementation (6 people, 31.58%)
- Cough (6 people, 31.58%)
- Pruritus (6 people, 31.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (11 people, 57.89%)
- Prednisolone (8 people, 42.11%)
- Saccharated iron oxide (6 people, 31.58%)
- Atenolol (6 people, 31.58%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 31.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Candesartan cilexetil and atherosclerosis on
Do you have Atherosclerosis while taking Candesartan Cilexetil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Candesartan cilexetil and have Atherosclerosis
- support group for people who take Candesartan cilexetil
- support group for people who have Atherosclerosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Candesartan Cilexetil, Simvastatin, Coumadin for a 60-year old man with High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Tendonitis Exacerbated
- A study of side effects of Candesartan Cilexetil for a 77-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Cystitis
- A study of side effects of Candesartan Cilexetil for a 68-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Myrbetriq, Atacand, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 66-year old man with Dyspepsia, Oab, Hypertension. The patient has Bradycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Acetylsalicylic Acid, Simvastatin, Mirtazapine, Amlodipine, Bisoprolol Fumarate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Candesartan Cilexetil for a 56-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Heart Failure.
Recent Candesartan cilexetil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Adalat, Atacand for a 87-year old woman who has Condition Aggravated
- Comparions of Candesartan Cilexetil, Ramipril for a 70-year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Evista, Prednisone, Atacand for a 80-year old woman who has Osteoporosis Postmenopausal
- Comparions of Olmesartan Medoxomil, Telmisartan, Valsartan, Ramipril, Candesartan Cilexetil for a 55-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Benicar, Bystolic, Diovan, Candesartan Cilexetil, Telmisartan for a 49-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.