Home > Carafate > Abdominal pain > Carafate and Abdominal pain
Review: could Carafate cause Abdominal pain?
Summary: Abdominal pain is found among people who take Carafate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Prilosec, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 4,352 people who have side effects while taking Carafate from FDA and social media. Among them, 311 have Abdominal pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Carafate and have Abdominal pain >>>
Carafate (latest outcomes from 4,515 users) has active ingredients of sucralfate. It is often used in gastric ulcer.
Abdominal pain (latest reports from 618,523 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, pain, depression.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 4,346 people reported to have side effects when taking Carafate. Among them, 398 people (9.16%) have Abdominal Pain.
Time on Carafate when people have Abdominal pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal pain||25.00%||50.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Carafate * :
|Abdominal pain||71.32%||28.68% |
Age of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Carafate * :
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||1.07%||3.48%||9.09%||16.31%||12.57%||27.01%||30.48% |
Severity of Abdominal pain when taking Carafate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Abdominal pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (33 people, 8.29%)
- Pain (28 people, 7.04%)
- Crohn's disease (24 people, 6.03%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (21 people, 5.28%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (21 people, 5.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (125 people, 31.41%)
- Protonix (98 people, 24.62%)
- Zofran (94 people, 23.62%)
- Nexium (92 people, 23.12%)
- Prednisone (81 people, 20.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Abdominal Pain while taking Carafate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Carafate and have Abdominal Pain
- support group for people who take Carafate
- support group for people who have Abdominal Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Could prolonged methotrexate injections(for ra) in the fatty front of the abdomen cause stomach digestive muscles to weaken, thus contribution got gastoparesis?
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Weight Loss, Stomach Pain, Vomiting, Nausea, , and takes Methotrexate)
I have had moderate to severe RA for six years, but have been weekly injecting methotrexate into the front fatty tissue on either side of my abdomen for two years (as a supplemental drug to biologics). Is it reasonable to inquire of the possibility that those injections weakened my digestive muscle ...
- Does anyone else continue to have all over body pain 3 years after taking lupron depot for endometriosis
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Pain - Abdomen, Fatigue, Weakness, Pelvic Floor Muscle Weakness, Fibromyalgia, Bladder Discomfort)
I had 9 injections of lupron after a partial hysterectomy. Ever since then my body has never been the same. I continue, 3 years later suffering from weakness. I had to quit my job as a registered nurse and after 2 and 1/2 years I was forced to file for disability.
- How to get relief from sphincter of odi disfunction
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Abdominal Pain)
I have been diagnosed with SOD for 18 months and am trying to get relief without surgery,Can someone give me some tips on how to relieve the pain.Did any one take any medication which helped .I am thinking of asking for muscle relaxation medication.
- What are the weird pains in my belly
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has Belly Ache, and takes Co-codamol)
I've had this weird belly pain for the past few days now, I've been taking co codamol for a while now which doesn't seem to help, I can't explain the feeling of pain I've never had this before. I thought it was just because I needed a number 2 but that didn't help either :/
More questions for: Carafate, Abdominal pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Paragard and norethindrone acet
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Month Long Periods Or Longer, Menstrual Cramps, Mild Endometriosis , Uterine Cyst, Vaginal Swelling , Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods, Inclusion Cyst, Abdominal Pain, and takes Norethindrone Acetate, Paragard T 380a)
I had many reproductive issues arise after the birth of my daughter. Everything from constant swelling, pain an vaginal tearing, pre cancerous tumors. (cervical). I also have mild spots of endometriosis and ovarian cyst all of these are genetic in my family. I also have blood clotting factors so par ...
- Poisened by fenofibrate
(Posted by a 63 year old man who has Nausea And Vomiting, Loose Stools, Stomach Pain, and takes Fenofibrate)
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptom ...
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Chest Pain, Stomach Pain, and takes Flecainide Acetate, Pradaxa, Bisoprolol Fumarate)
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this wa ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
(Posted by a 16 year old girl who has Asthma, Migraines, Dizziness, Tightness In Chest, Difficulty Breathing, Confusion, Unable To Speak Or Swallow, Swollen Neck, Abdominal Pain, Unable To Walk, Neck Pain, Shaking Uncontrollably, Loss Of Feeling In Right Side, and takes Sumatriptan)
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
More reviews for: Carafate, Abdominal pain
- A study of drug interactions between Viibryd, Sucralfate, Pantoprazole, Nifedipine, Plavix, Synthroid for a patient with Depression, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, Arterial Thrombosis Limb, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Ptsd
Comments: I have been diagnosed with Buerger's Disease.
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a patient with Gastritis. The patient has Stomach Pain
Comments: I just failed a UA test, testing positive for THC. I have been taking 40mg of Omeprazone for the last 3 weeks.
- A study of drug interactions between Famotidine, Prednisone, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Proair Hfa, Flonase, Acetaminophen, Mucinex, Loratadine, Carafate, Flovent, Ipratropium Bromide, Lovenox for a patient with Hiatal Hernia, Pulmonary Congestion, Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, Deficiency Anaemia, Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose, Pain, Lung/pulmonary Congestion, Esophagitis, Lung Cancer - Non-small Cell, Emphysema, Blood Clots. The patient has Runny Nose, Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Malignant Pleural Effusion
Comments: Not sure what to use & not use. Conflicting resources.congestion seems to all come from running nose.
- A study of drug interactions between Toprol-xl, Maxzide for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Abdominal Pain Aggravated
Comments: Pain is in the lower left and seems worse when I pick up my left leg. Pain still occurs when I lay down. Feels a lot like menstrual cramp.
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Neck Pain, Headache (pain in head), Diarrhea, Pain - Abdomen, Inflammatory Pain
Comments: There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
More related studies for: Carafate, Abdominal pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.