Home > Carafate > Headache > Carafate and Headache
Review: could Carafate cause Headache?
Summary: Headache is found among people who take Carafate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prilosec, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 4,352 people who have side effects while taking Carafate from FDA and social media. Among them, 237 have Headache. Find out below who they are, when they have Headache and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Carafate and have Headache >>>
Carafate (latest outcomes from 4,515 users) has active ingredients of sucralfate. It is often used in gastric ulcer.
Headache (pain in head) (latest reports from 1,214,769 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 4,352 people reported to have side effects when taking Carafate. Among them, 295 people (6.78%) have Headache.
Time on Carafate when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headache when taking Carafate * :
Age of people who have Headache when taking Carafate * :
Severity of Headache when taking Carafate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (27 people, 9.15%)
- Multiple myeloma (23 people, 7.80%)
- Pain (21 people, 7.12%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (18 people, 6.10%)
- Metastases to bone (12 people, 4.07%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (88 people, 29.83%)
- Lasix (65 people, 22.03%)
- Aspirin (63 people, 21.36%)
- Ativan (62 people, 21.02%)
- Levaquin (58 people, 19.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Headache while taking Carafate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Carafate and have Headache
- support group for people who take Carafate
- support group for people who have Headache
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Headache, and takes Tylenol)
Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength?
- What causes a headache only when coughing or shaking the head?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Headache, and takes Benadryl)
Head hurts only when shaken or I cough. I suspect benadryl or amytriptaline
- What's the best home remedy for jaundice?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fatigue, Headache, Elevated Blood Pressure, Eating More Alkaline Foods Helps Reduce Pain, Abdominal Pain Upper, Upper Back Pain, Indigestion, Slightly Yellow, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide)
I started out thinking that I had pancreatitis, had all the symptoms, abdominal pain that went all the way thru to the back & inability to digest food (chronic indigestion). I read about keeping the bodys pH better balanced, bought pH test strips (urine) & found I was very acidic. I began eating mor ...
- Interactions between quineprox (hydroxychloroquine) &zyvox (linezolid)
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Headache, Fever, Swollen Fingers, Joint Pain, Muscle Tightness And Pain, and takes Zyvox, Cellcept)
I had foot soft tissue infection and hospitalized for two days and given IV for Cipro. Then I was released from the hospital and given Zyvox 600MG twice a day for ten days. Meanwhile, I am taking 2000 MG cellcept and 400MG Hydroxychloriquine for more than 10 years to control my lupus. Around the si ...
- Can i take ibuprofen when i'm on the medicine miralax to treat my massive head ache?
(Asked by a 17 year old girl who has Lower Abdominal Pain, Headache, Constipation, and takes Ibuprofen, Miralax)
I was recently told by a doctor that I was constipated and that I should take Miralax. I personally don't think I'm constipated. My lower abdomen hurts and so does my head. Every single time I sneeze or cough it hurts really bad! I want to know if I can take some ibuprofen to treat the pain. But I d ...
More questions for: Carafate, Headache
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Headache, Facial Muscle Twitching, Red Face, and takes Raspberry Ketone)
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
(Posted by a 34 year old man who has Headache, Hypertension, and takes Losartan Potassium)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- Still ill after several years
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Sweating, Headache, Vertigo, Restlessness, Throat - Sore, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic, Tinnitus, Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Beconase Aq)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Prednisone side effects
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Headache, Anxiety, Heartburn, Blurred Vision, Nausea, and takes Prednisone)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Fatigue, Sinusitis Acute, Itching, Cognitive Deterioration, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Restless Leg Syndrome, Frequent Headaches, Nasal Inflammation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam, Ambien Cr)
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
More reviews for: Carafate, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Famotidine, Prednisone, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Proair Hfa, Flonase, Acetaminophen, Mucinex, Loratadine, Carafate, Flovent, Ipratropium Bromide, Lovenox for a patient with Hiatal Hernia, Pulmonary Congestion, Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, Deficiency Anaemia, Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose, Pain, Lung/pulmonary Congestion, Esophagitis, Lung Cancer - Non-small Cell, Emphysema, Blood Clots. The patient has Runny Nose, Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Malignant Pleural Effusion
Comments: Not sure what to use & not use. Conflicting resources.congestion seems to all come from running nose.
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Neck Pain, Headache (pain in head), Diarrhea, Pain - Abdomen, Inflammatory Pain
Comments: There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Benadryl Preservative Free for a patient with Migraine With Aura, Dystonia. The patient has Pain - Back, Headache, Chills
Comments: I didn't take the Norco today, but the benadryl I take every night.
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Arava for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Headache
Comments: Blinding headache with nausea and facial swelling
- A study of side effects of Escitalopram for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Headache (pain in head)
Comments: Taking Lo Loestrin FE and Escitalopram 10 mg/day
after several weeks, appearance of terrible headache/migraine specially at night, when lying down
More related studies for: Carafate, Headache
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Nose Bleeds
- Omeprazole and Pred Forte
- Betadine and Psoriasis
- Zoloft and Blood Alcohol Abnormal
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (12 hours ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (20 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: You must take sulfasalizine with food to avoid stomach iss ... (24 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (7 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,t ... (10 hours ago)
- Headache after propofol
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. ... (15 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lyrica for a 42-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia (59 minutes ago)
- Compare Marijuana and Lamictal for a 52-year old woman (1 hour ago)
- Tobramycin And Dexamethasone, Ketorolac Tromethamine, Prednisone, Cyclogyl, Gabapentin, Benzonatate, Lidoderm, Antivert, Sertraline, Alprazolam, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Lidocaine, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate, Accolate for a 50-year old woman who has Eye Inflammation, Eye Infection, Eye Infection Bacterial, Nerve Pain, Cough, Hip Pain, Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Hives, Degenerative Joint Disease, Asthma, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Scoliosis, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (2 hours ago)
- Risperidone, Benztropine Mesylate, Lisinopril, Zoloft for a 49-year old man who has Antipsychotic Drug Level Increased, Risperidone, Hypertension, Major Depression (3 hours ago)
- Compare Fluorouracil and Toposar and Cisplatin for a 66-year old man (4 hours ago)