Home > Carafate > Stomach upset > Carafate and Stomach upset
Review: could Carafate cause Stomach upset (Nausea and vomiting)?
We study 4,352 people who have side effects while taking Carafate from FDA and social media. Among them, 348 have Stomach upset. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach upset and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Carafate and have Stomach upset >>>
Carafate (latest outcomes from 4,509 users) has active ingredients of sucralfate. It is often used in gastric ulcer.
Stomach upset (latest reports from 844,689 patients) has been reported by people with pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 4,346 people reported to have side effects when taking Carafate. Among them, 348 people (8.01%) have Stomach Upset.
Time on Carafate when people have Stomach upset * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach upset||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Stomach upset when taking Carafate * :
|Stomach upset||73.11%||26.89% |
Age of people who have Stomach upset when taking Carafate * :
|Stomach upset||0.00%||0.96%||4.81%||8.01%||10.90%||18.59%||24.36%||32.37% |
Severity of Stomach upset when taking Carafate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach upset||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Stomach upset ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (35 people, 10.06%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (31 people, 8.91%)
- Osteoporosis (30 people, 8.62%)
- Nausea (24 people, 6.90%)
- Breast cancer (21 people, 6.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zofran (104 people, 29.89%)
- Protonix (95 people, 27.30%)
- Nexium (90 people, 25.86%)
- Lisinopril (70 people, 20.11%)
- Aspirin (66 people, 18.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stomach Upset while taking Carafate?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Carafate and have Stomach Upset
- support group for people who take Carafate
- support group for people who have Stomach Upset
Comments from related studies:
From this study (8 months ago):
Pervasive developmental disorder...autism...unexplained g.i. Issues with multiple procedures only finding inflammation...prescribed sucralfate after severe vomiting which seemed to help for awhile, but cycle seems to be starting all over again...vomits often after eating
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Carafate, Stomach upset
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nausea and vomiting while taking savella
I have been on Savella for 6 months now and the nausea has increased with time and now I also have vomiting daily along with occasional diarrhea. I am currently weaning off of the Savella, cutting the dosage in half for two weeks and then one pill every other day for two weeks, following my dr.'s in ...
- Farxiga ? problems, stomach, smell, taste
I have been on Farxiga for 2 months. First, I was on Farxiga 5mg, About 6 weeks ago changed to 10 mg, about same time I noticed my coffee smelled different and bad, kept on a week and asked my wife. Changed coffee brand twice. It got worse, began to taste it. For the last week I can smell it in my f ...
- Poisened by fenofibrate
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptom ...
More reviews for: Carafate, Stomach upset
On eHealthMe, Carafate (sucralfate) is often used for gastric ulcer. Find out below the conditions Carafate is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Carafate used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (57 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (1 hour ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (5 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (6 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (9 hours ago)
- Mentha Lavanduliodora
- Abscess Intestinal
- Allergenic Desensitisation Procedure
- Wellbutrin Sr (glaxosmithkline) 200mg