Home > Carbamazepine > Weight gain > Carbamazepine and Weight gain
Review: could Carbamazepine cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
We study 15,463 people who have side effects while taking Carbamazepine from FDA and social media. Among them, 195 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Carbamazepine and have Weight gain >>>
Carbamazepine (latest outcomes from 15,844 users) has active ingredients of carbamazepine. It is often used in epilepsy.
Weight gain (latest reports from 528,152 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 15,463 people reported to have side effects when taking Carbamazepine. Among them, 195 people (1.26%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Carbamazepine when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||45.00%||25.00%||5.00%||15.00%||5.00%||5.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Carbamazepine * :
|Weight gain||66.96%||33.04% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Carbamazepine * :
|Weight gain||1.68%||1.68%||5.03%||12.85%||25.70%||16.20%||17.32%||19.55% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Carbamazepine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (33 people, 16.92%)
- Anxiety (27 people, 13.85%)
- Epilepsy (27 people, 13.85%)
- Schizophrenia (22 people, 11.28%)
- Depression (19 people, 9.74%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (51 people, 26.15%)
- Zyprexa (41 people, 21.03%)
- Clonazepam (27 people, 13.85%)
- Lithium carbonate (16 people, 8.21%)
- Cogentin (16 people, 8.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Carbamazepine?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Carbamazepine and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Carbamazepine
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Carbamazepine, Weight gain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lyrica varied widely
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- Crestor side effects
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad e ...
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
More reviews for: Carbamazepine, Weight gain
On eHealthMe, Carbamazepine (carbamazepine) is often used for epilepsy. Find out below the conditions Carbamazepine is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Carbamazepine used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote Er, Abilify, Equetro, Wellbutrin Xl, Escitalopram, Lorazepam, Avonex, Baclofen, Meclizine Hydrochloride, Percocet, Lortab, Nexium, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Diphenoxylate Hydrochloride And Atropine Sulfate, Ondansetron, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride, Montelukast Sodium, Fluticasone Propionate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Oxybutynin Chloride, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Calcium Citrate for a patient with Bipolar I Disorder, Multiple Sclerosis, Wrist Surgery, Endometriosis, Gerd, Ibs, Nausea And Vomiting, Allergic Sinusitis, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes Insipidus, Deficiency - Folic Acid, Folic Acid Deficiency, Calcium Deficiency. The patient has Weight Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Tegretol-xr, Nardil for a patient with Mood Stabilizer, Depression Suicidal. The patient has Acute Pulmonary Oedema, Neuropathy, Insomnia, Asthma, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Bone And Joint Pain
More related studies for: Carbamazepine, Weight gain
Recent Carbamazepine related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Carbamazepine, Weight gain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (54 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (56 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (5 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (5 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (5 hours ago)
- Viola Odorata
- Feng Xian Hua
- Essential Tremor