Review: could Carbidopa and levodopa cause Diabetes mellitus (Diabetes)?
Summary: Diabetes mellitus is found among people who take Carbidopa and levodopa, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, also take medication Requip, and have Depression.
We study 2,273 people who have side effects while taking Carbidopa and levodopa from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Diabetes mellitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetes mellitus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa and have Diabetes mellitus >>>
Carbidopa and levodopa
Carbidopa and levodopa has active ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa. It is often used in parkinson's disease. (latest outcomes from Carbidopa and levodopa 2,477 users)
Diabetes mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Diabetes mellitus 137,876 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 2,272 people reported to have side effects when taking Carbidopa and levodopa. Among them, 9 people (0.40%) have Diabetes Mellitus.
Time on Carbidopa and levodopa when people have Diabetes mellitus * :
Gender of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Carbidopa and levodopa * :
|Diabetes mellitus||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Carbidopa and levodopa * :
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||75.00%||12.50% |
Severity of Diabetes mellitus when taking Carbidopa and levodopa ** :
How people recovered from Diabetes mellitus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (7 people, 77.78%)
- Anxiety (7 people, 77.78%)
- Bipolar disorder (6 people, 66.67%)
- Peptic ulcer haemorrhage (6 people, 66.67%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (6 people, 66.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Requip (7 people, 77.78%)
- Seroquel (7 people, 77.78%)
- Diovan (7 people, 77.78%)
- Abilify (6 people, 66.67%)
- Prevacid (6 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetes Mellitus while taking Carbidopa And Levodopa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa and have Diabetes Mellitus
- support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa
- support group for people who have Diabetes Mellitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can prolia cause parkinson?
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Parkinsonian Gait, and takes Sinemet)
Parkinson appeared to my mother after few time since 1st. Injection of Prolia, 2 years ago had the 2d. These are the patologies she has, and the drugs she takes:
- Bronchial asthma. - Hiatus hernia. Hashimoto -tiroiditis with hypo- and hyperthyroidism. - Bronchiectasis. - Nasal polyps. - Anxiety. - ...
- Could prilosec cause an elevated blood sugar
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has DIABETES, and takes Metformin, Prilosec)
I've been on Prilosec for about 1 month & my blood sugars have been elevated starting shortly after I started on it. could Prilosec be causing it? Nothing else has changed with my meds or lifestyle.
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, Ischemic CVA Stroke With Hemorrhagic Transformation, Chronic Subdural Hematoma (Left), High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation)
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
- How often is parkinson's disease confused with chronic lyme diseasse?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Stress And Anxiety, Muscular-Skeletal Pain, Mononucleosis, Rash Around Tic-bite, Circular Ring On Skin, Tick Bite, ADD, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Depression - Chronic, Lifelong Migraines, Lifelong Cognition Problems, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Imitrex, Paxil, Sinemet)
Back in the early 1950s I had the joy and privilege of spending a couple of summers on Cape Cod. As a kid, a lot of that time was spent playing in the grove of poplar trees and bramble behind the house. I clearly remember numerous buried tics, some of which resulted in a circular ring around the t ...
- Will the herb hca in garcinia cambogia cause liver damage or in cases be fatal
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, and takes Janumet)
I take synthroid once a day for my diabetes im on insulin at bedtime and the janumet twice daily. will the garcinia cambogia xt interfere with my meds. also I read from a consumers on health that the HCA in the supplement could damage the liver and in one was fatal. do yu think I should be taking t ...
More questions for: Carbidopa and levodopa, Diabetes mellitus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Steroid Myopathy, Osteopenia, Diabetes, Peripheral Neuropathy , Cushing's Syndrome - Steroid Induced, and takes Prednisone)
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Mother recovered significantly from confusion (1 response)
(Posted by a 77 year old woman who has Parkinsons, and takes Prozac, Wellbutrin, Sinemet)
My very independent, active mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's (long over due, she did not have the common tremor but instead had issues with her gait).
She was already on Wellbutrin and Prozac because they thought her shuffling was muscle weakness due to inactivity caused by depression. Once p ...
More reviews for: Carbidopa and levodopa, Diabetes mellitus
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Potassium Gluconate, Butrans, Androgel, Viibryd, Livalo, Tribenzor, Nexium, Metformin, Lantus, Atenolol, Lovaza, Allopurinol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, General Physical Condition, Muscle Weakness, Pain, Testosterone, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Gout. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus, Erectile Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Comtan, Mirapex, Sinemet for a patient with Anxiety, Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Jitters
Comments: I get the jitters after my 2nd - 5th dose of medicine. Never during the night when my meds are worn off or never after my first dose in the morning. Sometimes lorazepam gets rid of the jitters and sometimes they last for hours even using lorazepam.
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Strattera, Ritalin, Phentermine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zorvolex, Olanzapine, Seroquel Xr, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Lamotrigine, Mirtazapine for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obesity, Insomnia, Arthritis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Bipolar 1, Major Depressive Disorder, Tachycardia, Sleeplessness, Diabetes, Obesity, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Comments: i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
- A study of side effects of Sinemet for a patient with Parkinsonism. The patient has Anxiety
Comments: Over the past 2 years have developed anxiety and other symptoms similar to hypoglycemia one and a half hours after taking half a Sinemet 100/25. I live a roller coaster life trying to balance some relief from my Parkinsonism (mainly right sided weakness)with the negative side effects of the med.Any ...
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Sinemet, Klonopin, Arixtra for a patient with Asthma, Parkinsonian Gait, Sleep Disorder, Dvt. The patient has Weight Gain
Comments: I had a dvt and pe within 4 months of a previous one. I was on warfarin and within therapeutic range when I had my last pe. I was put on Arixtra and almost immediately I gained about 20 pounds around my waist. My waist size went from 32 inches to 36 inches within a matter of a few months. I have tri ...
More related studies for: Carbidopa and levodopa, Diabetes mellitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.