Home > Carbidopa and levodopa > Diabetes mellitus > Carbidopa and levodopa and Diabetes mellitus
Review: could Carbidopa and levodopa cause Diabetes mellitus (Diabetes)?
We study 2,272 people who have side effects while taking Carbidopa and levodopa from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Diabetes mellitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetes mellitus and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa and have Diabetes mellitus >>>
Carbidopa and levodopa
Carbidopa and levodopa (latest outcomes from 2,472 users) has active ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa. It is often used in parkinson's disease.
Diabetes mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin) (latest reports from 383,836 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 2,267 people reported to have side effects when taking Carbidopa and levodopa. Among them, 9 people (0.40%) have Diabetes Mellitus.
Time on Carbidopa and levodopa when people have Diabetes mellitus * :
Gender of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Carbidopa and levodopa * :
|Diabetes mellitus||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Carbidopa and levodopa * :
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||75.00%||12.50% |
Severity of Diabetes mellitus when taking Carbidopa and levodopa ** :
How people recovered from Diabetes mellitus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (7 people, 77.78%)
- Anxiety (7 people, 77.78%)
- Bipolar disorder (6 people, 66.67%)
- Peptic ulcer haemorrhage (6 people, 66.67%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (6 people, 66.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Requip (7 people, 77.78%)
- Seroquel (7 people, 77.78%)
- Diovan (7 people, 77.78%)
- Abilify (6 people, 66.67%)
- Prevacid (6 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetes Mellitus while taking Carbidopa And Levodopa?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa and have Diabetes Mellitus
- support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa
- support group for people who have Diabetes Mellitus
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Johanna on Oct, 9, 2014:
I am on Xarelto for the last 5 months and now all of a sudden I have blood sugar reading of 8,2. I had a cold as the GP prescribed Pulmosin and Numoxx which gave me blur vision, could that be the reason or is it the Xarelto. Please can you get back to me I also have Atrial Fibrillation.
Looking forward to your reply
From this study (3 weeks ago):
hammertoes, great difficulty walking
From this study (3 weeks ago):
Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Carbidopa and levodopa, Diabetes mellitus
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Mother recovered significantly from confusion
My very independent, active mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's (long over due, she did not have the common tremor but instead had issues with her gait).
She was already on Wellbutrin and Prozac because they thought her shuffling was muscle weakness due to inactivity caused by depression. Once p ...
More reviews for: Carbidopa and levodopa, Diabetes mellitus
On eHealthMe, Carbidopa And Levodopa (carbidopa; levodopa) is often used for parkinson's disease. Find out below the conditions Carbidopa And Levodopa is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Carbidopa And Levodopa used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vyvanse, Celexa for a 12-year old girl who has Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Depression (4 minutes ago)
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (40 minutes ago)
- Nexium, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Ambien, Seroquel, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Asthma, Sleep Disorder, Depression (45 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (42 minutes ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (1 hour ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (2 hours ago)
- Ringing In The Ears
- Osteoma Cutis
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Adhd