Review: could Carbidopa and levodopa cause Diabetes mellitus (Diabetes)?
Summary: Diabetes mellitus is found among people who take Carbidopa and levodopa, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, also take medication Requip, and have Depression.
We study 2,276 people who have side effects while taking Carbidopa and levodopa from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Diabetes mellitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetes mellitus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa and have Diabetes mellitus >>>
Carbidopa and levodopa
Carbidopa And Levodopa has active ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa. It is often used in parkinson's disease. (latest outcomes from 2,481 Carbidopa And Levodopa users)
Diabetes mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 141,096 Diabetes mellitus patients)
On Mar, 12, 2015: 2,276 people reported to have side effects when taking Carbidopa and levodopa. Among them, 9 people (0.40%) have Diabetes Mellitus.
Time on Carbidopa and levodopa when people have Diabetes mellitus * :
Gender of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Carbidopa and levodopa * :
|Diabetes mellitus||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Carbidopa and levodopa * :
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||75.00%||12.50% |
Severity of Diabetes mellitus when taking Carbidopa and levodopa ** :
How people recovered from Diabetes mellitus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (7 people, 77.78%)
- Anxiety (7 people, 77.78%)
- Bipolar disorder (6 people, 66.67%)
- Peptic ulcer haemorrhage (6 people, 66.67%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (6 people, 66.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Requip (7 people, 77.78%)
- Seroquel (7 people, 77.78%)
- Diovan (7 people, 77.78%)
- Abilify (6 people, 66.67%)
- Prevacid (6 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetes Mellitus while taking Carbidopa And Levodopa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa and have Diabetes Mellitus
- support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa
- support group for people who have Diabetes Mellitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Syndopa for a 35-year old man with Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Painful Erection
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Omega 3, Sinemet, Escitalopram, Bystolic, Lotrel, Simvastatin, Clonazepam, Vesicare for a 60-year old man with Incontinence, Age-related Hearing Loss, Parkinson's Disease, Depression, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Sleep Disorder, Urgent Urination. The patient has Fatigue, Parkinsonian Gait, Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone, Simponi for a 56-year old man with Back Disorder, Psoriatic Arthropathy. The patient has Diabetes, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Upper-airway Cough Syndrome, Sore Throat
- A study of drug interactions between Amantadine Hydrochloride, Sinemet for a 67-year old woman with Parkinson's Plus Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Diarerra, Mirapex
- A study of drug interactions between Lantus Solostar, Glipizide And Metformin Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin Calcium, Bystolic, Telmisartan; Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine, Sitagliptin Phosphate for a 64-year old woman with Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus
Recent Carbidopa and levodopa related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Carbidopa And Levodopa, Amantadine Hydrochloride, Azilect, Neupro for a 61-year old woman who has Parkinsonian Gait
- Comparions of Carbidopa And Levodopa, Mirapex for a 55-year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease
- Comparions of Entacapone, Azilect, Mirapex, Carbidopa And Levodopa for a 68-year old man who has Parkinsons
- Comparions of Augmentin '875', Sinemet for a 66-year old man who has Abscess
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Tamsulosin, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Proscar, Zocor for a 76-year old man who has Colesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.