Review: could Carbidopa and levodopa cause Hallucination (Hallucinations)?
Summary: Hallucination is found among people who take Carbidopa and levodopa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Requip, and have Parkinson's disease.
We study 2,276 people who have side effects while taking Carbidopa and levodopa from FDA and social media. Among them, 95 have Hallucination. Find out below who they are, when they have Hallucination and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa and have Hallucination >>>
Carbidopa and levodopa
Carbidopa And Levodopa has active ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa. It is often used in parkinson's disease. (latest outcomes from 2,481 Carbidopa And Levodopa users)
Hallucination (an experience involving the perception of something not present) has been reported by people with depression, pain, parkinson's disease, quit smoking, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 30,198 Hallucination patients)
On Mar, 17, 2015: 2,276 people reported to have side effects when taking Carbidopa and levodopa. Among them, 107 people (4.70%) have Hallucination.
Time on Carbidopa and levodopa when people have Hallucination * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hallucination when taking Carbidopa and levodopa * :
Age of people who have Hallucination when taking Carbidopa and levodopa * :
Severity of Hallucination when taking Carbidopa and levodopa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hallucination ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (88 people, 82.24%)
- Drug effect decreased (20 people, 18.69%)
- Hypertension (13 people, 12.15%)
- Anxiety disorder (10 people, 9.35%)
- Osteoporosis (8 people, 7.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Requip (27 people, 25.23%)
- Symmetrel (25 people, 23.36%)
- Rivotril (17 people, 15.89%)
- Selegiline hydrochloride (17 people, 15.89%)
- Comtan cmt+tab (16 people, 14.95%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of carbidopa and levodopa and hallucination on
Do you have Hallucination while taking Carbidopa And Levodopa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa and have Hallucination
- support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa
- support group for people who have Hallucination
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Syndopa for a 35-year old man with Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Painful Erection
- A study of side effects of Plavix for a 52-year old man with Surgical Vascular Shunt. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind), Mania (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood)
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Omega 3, Sinemet, Escitalopram, Bystolic, Lotrel, Simvastatin, Clonazepam, Vesicare for a 60-year old man with Incontinence, Age-related Hearing Loss, Parkinson's Disease, Depression, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Sleep Disorder, Urgent Urination. The patient has Fatigue, Parkinsonian Gait, Tremor
- A study of side effects of Morphine Sulfate for a 94-year old man with Cancer - Prostate. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
- A study of drug interactions between Amantadine Hydrochloride, Sinemet for a 67-year old woman with Parkinson's Plus Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Diarerra, Mirapex
Recent Carbidopa and levodopa related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Carbidopa And Levodopa, Amantadine Hydrochloride, Azilect, Neupro for a 61-year old woman who has Parkinsonian Gait
- Comparions of Carbidopa And Levodopa, Mirapex for a 55-year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease
- Comparions of Entacapone, Azilect, Mirapex, Carbidopa And Levodopa for a 68-year old man who has Parkinsons
- Comparions of Augmentin '875', Sinemet for a 66-year old man who has Abscess
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Tamsulosin, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Proscar, Zocor for a 76-year old man who has Colesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.