Home > Carbidopa and levodopa > High blood sugar > Carbidopa and levodopa and High blood sugar
Review: could Carbidopa and levodopa cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Carbidopa and levodopa, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Parkinson's disease.
We study 2,272 people who have side effects while taking Carbidopa and levodopa from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa and have High blood sugar >>>
Carbidopa and levodopa
Carbidopa and levodopa (latest outcomes from 2,477 users) has active ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa. It is often used in parkinson's disease.
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) (latest reports from 16,702 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 2,272 people reported to have side effects when taking Carbidopa and levodopa. Among them, 4 people (0.18%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Carbidopa and levodopa when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Carbidopa and levodopa * :
|High blood sugar||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Carbidopa and levodopa * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Carbidopa and levodopa ** :
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (3 people, 75.00%)
- Sleep disorder (1 people, 25.00%)
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 25.00%)
- Depression (1 people, 25.00%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (2 people, 50.00%)
- Frontal (1 people, 25.00%)
- Carvedilol (1 people, 25.00%)
- Selegiline hcl (1 people, 25.00%)
- Nootropil (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Carbidopa And Levodopa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can prolia cause parkinson?
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Parkinsonian Gait, and takes Sinemet)
Parkinson appeared to my mother after few time since 1st. Injection of Prolia, 2 years ago had the 2d. These are the patologies she has, and the drugs she takes:
- Bronchial asthma. - Hiatus hernia. Hashimoto -tiroiditis with hypo- and hyperthyroidism. - Bronchiectasis. - Nasal polyps. - Anxiety. - ...
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Potassium - Low, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, and takes Simvastatin, Losartan, Hctz)
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- How often is parkinson's disease confused with chronic lyme diseasse?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Stress And Anxiety, Muscular-Skeletal Pain, Mononucleosis, Rash Around Tic-bite, Circular Ring On Skin, Tick Bite, ADD, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Depression - Chronic, Lifelong Migraines, Lifelong Cognition Problems, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Imitrex, Paxil, Sinemet)
Back in the early 1950s I had the joy and privilege of spending a couple of summers on Cape Cod. As a kid, a lot of that time was spent playing in the grove of poplar trees and bramble behind the house. I clearly remember numerous buried tics, some of which resulted in a circular ring around the t ...
- I have tried several meds for my rls. first i tried mirapex , then gabapentin and now on sinemet
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Depression Postmenopausal, Overeating, Not Getting Relief From RLS, and takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Sinemet Cr)
Have tried ropiranole type drugs, Mirapex, went to gabapentin, now on Sinemet Cr. Feeling depressed, gaining weight, and not getting relief thru the night. Take trazodone to finally get sleep. Worried about side effects of Sinemet CR 25/100 need to take 2 or 3 at night to get relief. Also taking ...
- I have night episodes of binge eating without hunger
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease, Insomnia, Eating Disorder Symptom, and takes Carbidopa And Levodopa, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate)
I have Parkinson Disease diagnosed 4 years ago. It seems to be a slow developing PD since my symptoms have increased very little or nothing in all these years. I have a serious condition of insomnia, I get asleep very soon but awake many times during the night (6 or 7 times), I have been Rx sever ...
More questions for: Carbidopa and levodopa, High blood sugar
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Mother recovered significantly from confusion
(Posted by a 77 year old woman who has Parkinsons, and takes Prozac, Wellbutrin, Sinemet)
My very independent, active mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's (long over due, she did not have the common tremor but instead had issues with her gait).
She was already on Wellbutrin and Prozac because they thought her shuffling was muscle weakness due to inactivity caused by depression. Once p ...
More reviews for: Carbidopa and levodopa, High blood sugar
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of side effects of Spironolactone W/ Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Hair Loss In Women. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: I just had radical hysterectomy 8 weeks ago. I was under general anesthesia for 6 hours. I take spironolactone 100mg x2/day, HRT, Ambien, and Nicorette gum 2 mg. PCP wants me to discontinue Spiro, but this time is crucial for me to continue Spiro. Do I decrease Spiro to 100mg or spiro completely and ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lantus, NovoRapid for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has High Blood Sugar
Comments: My dad has been diabetic for about9 yrs now and started on Huminsulin then. However for the last 6 yrs he has been on Novorapid and Lantus.
Now I am suspecting a probable Somogyi effect,for the last 3 - 4 months.This started after a recent bout of hypoglycaemia during the day when the blood sugar ...
- A study of side effects of Macrodantin for a patient with UTI. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: Due to lack of appetite, and not following the directions, I didn't eat once starting Macrodantin. Due to nausea, I will change that.
Beginning blood sugar 88
After two doses 151
After two additional doses 170
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Comtan, Mirapex, Sinemet for a patient with Anxiety, Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Jitters
Comments: I get the jitters after my 2nd - 5th dose of medicine. Never during the night when my meds are worn off or never after my first dose in the morning. Sometimes lorazepam gets rid of the jitters and sometimes they last for hours even using lorazepam.
More related studies for: Carbidopa and levodopa, High blood sugar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- B Complex Vitamin
- Vitamin C (ascorbic Acid)
- Elevated Liver Enzymes
- What is the time space for taking l-thyroxine and pantoprazole am dose
also taking Panioprazole in am forty-five minutes before b ... (4 hours ago)
- How long does it take for pyelonphritis to recover in pregnancy
I am suffering from pyelonphritis for a month now + also h ... (8 hours ago)
- I am looking for the cause of onion like bo which has developed over the past three or four months
Answer: I suspect the onion type bo is from the Xarelto. I recentl ... (12 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (2 days ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Atorvastatin Calcium, Cozaar, Atenolol for a 67-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure (2 minutes ago)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic Acid), B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Quercetin-3-rhamnoglucoside, Antarctic Krill Oil, Wellbutrin Xl for a 49-year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis, Depression (28 minutes ago)
- Mirena for a 36-year old woman who has Contraception (1 hour ago)