Review: could Carbidopa and levodopa cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Carbidopa and levodopa, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Parkinson's disease.
We study 2,273 people who have side effects while taking Carbidopa and levodopa from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa and have High blood sugar >>>
Carbidopa and levodopa
Carbidopa and levodopa has active ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa. It is often used in parkinson's disease. (latest outcomes from Carbidopa and levodopa 2,477 users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder.(latest reports from High blood sugar 16,702 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 2,272 people reported to have side effects when taking Carbidopa and levodopa. Among them, 4 people (0.18%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Carbidopa and levodopa when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Carbidopa and levodopa * :
|High blood sugar||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Carbidopa and levodopa * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Carbidopa and levodopa ** :
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (3 people, 75.00%)
- Sleep disorder (1 people, 25.00%)
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 25.00%)
- Depression (1 people, 25.00%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (2 people, 50.00%)
- Frontal (1 people, 25.00%)
- Carvedilol (1 people, 25.00%)
- Selegiline hcl (1 people, 25.00%)
- Nootropil (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Carbidopa And Levodopa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can prolia cause parkinson?
Parkinson appeared to my mother after few time since 1st. Injection of Prolia, 2 years ago had the 2d. These are the patologies she has, and the drugs she takes:
- Bronchial asthma. - Hiatus hernia. Hashimoto -tiroiditis with hypo- and hyperthyroidism. - Bronchiectasis. - Nasal polyps. - Anxiety. - Neoplasia sigma (2012). I.Q. -- Prolapse uterino- - Cystocele grade II-III (2012). I.Q. - Fibroadenoma.
- Sinemet plus
- Calcium sandoz
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- How often is parkinson's disease confused with chronic lyme diseasse?
Back in the early 1950s I had the joy and privilege of spending a couple of summers on Cape Cod. As a kid, a lot of that time was spent playing in the grove of poplar trees and bramble behind the house. I clearly remember numerous buried tics, some of which resulted in a circular ring around the tic sites, some with a rash.
A year later some strange things began: high fever, life-long right-side tendency for tonsillitis, persistent 'mononucleosis', poor memory, low energy, and migraines which eventually became the scourge of my adult life. All that hidden under a blanket of high emotional stress caused by life-altering changes in the family.
2010: diagnosed with well developed Parkinson's Disease (PD).
- I have tried several meds for my rls. first i tried mirapex , then gabapentin and now on sinemet
Have tried ropiranole type drugs, Mirapex, went to gabapentin, now on Sinemet Cr. Feeling depressed, gaining weight, and not getting relief thru the night. Take trazodone to finally get sleep. Worried about side effects of Sinemet CR 25/100 need to take 2 or 3 at night to get relief. Also taking iron supplement. Anybody else have suggestions?
- I have night episodes of binge eating without hunger (1 answer)
I have Parkinson Disease diagnosed 4 years ago. It seems to be a slow developing PD since my symptoms have increased very little or nothing in all these years. I have a serious condition of insomnia, I get asleep very soon but awake many times during the night (6 or 7 times), I have been Rx several drugs for this without success (clonazepam, midazolam, etc) Now I am taking quetiapine 25 mg, which seems to be working but anyway I wakeup a couple of times during the night and then I start eating without any hunger, compulsively. I am gaining weight and dont know what to do orwhat is the cause of this. Please any aadvice would be appreciated.
More questions for: Carbidopa and levodopa, High blood sugar
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Mother recovered significantly from confusion (1 response)
My very independent, active mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's (long over due, she did not have the common tremor but instead had issues with her gait).
She was already on Wellbutrin and Prozac because they thought her shuffling was muscle weakness due to inactivity caused by depression. Once properly diagnosed and under the treatment of a neurologist for Parkinson's she was prescribed Sinemet. Her ability to walk increased dramatically however she was extremely confused. She constantly wanted to go home even though she was. She would get angry with us if we tried to convince her otherwise. She confused family members with other people and thought very off the wall situations were occurring with them. The neurologist said she had common symptoms of senile dementia which can accompany Parkinson's patients. Due to a random ordered hearing/vertigo test, we were instructed to take her off of all her medications a week prior to the test. Because the sinemet was so difficult to get her to tolerate due to extreme nausea I did not take her off of it but I took her off everything else. Within four to five days of being off the depression medication which had been combined with the sinemet she had a 360 degree turnaround in her confusion. She was even able to tell me that she knew she was confused but could not reason herself out of it. It was an end to eight months of pure H**. If you have a family suffering confusion and symptoms of senility that is on Sinemet and also taking anti-depression medications, insist that they be weaned of the anti-depressants before you accept the senility diagnosis.
More reviews for: Carbidopa and levodopa, High blood sugar
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- I just had radical hysterectomy 8 weeks ago. I was under general anesthesia for 6 hours. I take spironolactone 100mg x2/day, HRT, Ambien, and Nicorette gum 2 mg. PCP wants me to discontinue Spiro, but this time is crucial for me to continue Spiro. Do I decrease Spiro to 100mg or spiro completely and ...
- My dad has been diabetic for about9 yrs now and started on Huminsulin then. However for the last 6 yrs he has been on Novorapid and Lantus.
Now I am suspecting a probable Somogyi effect,for the last 3 - 4 months.This started after a recent bout of hypoglycaemia during the day when the blood sugar ...
- Due to lack of appetite, and not following the directions, I didn't eat once starting Macrodantin. Due to nausea, I will change that.
Beginning blood sugar 88
After two doses 151
After two additional doses 170
- I get the jitters after my 2nd - 5th dose of medicine. Never during the night when my meds are worn off or never after my first dose in the morning. Sometimes lorazepam gets rid of the jitters and sometimes they last for hours even using lorazepam.
More related studies for: Carbidopa and levodopa, High blood sugar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.