Review: could Carbidopa and levodopa cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is reported only by a few people who take Carbidopa and levodopa.
We study 2,276 people who have side effects while taking Carbidopa and levodopa from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa and have High blood sugar >>>
Carbidopa and levodopa
Carbidopa And Levodopa has active ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa. It is often used in parkinson's disease. (latest outcomes from 2,481 Carbidopa And Levodopa users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 17,128 High blood sugar patients)
On Mar, 12, 2015: 2,276 people reported to have side effects when taking Carbidopa and levodopa. Among them, 4 people (0.18%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Carbidopa and levodopa when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Carbidopa and levodopa * :
|High blood sugar||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Carbidopa and levodopa * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Carbidopa and levodopa ** :
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (3 people, 75.00%)
- Sleep disorder (1 people, 25.00%)
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 25.00%)
- Depression (1 people, 25.00%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (2 people, 50.00%)
- Frontal (1 people, 25.00%)
- Carvedilol (1 people, 25.00%)
- Selegiline hcl (1 people, 25.00%)
- Nootropil (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of carbidopa and levodopa and high blood sugar on
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Carbidopa And Levodopa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Omeprazole, Gemfibrozil, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 55-year old man with Blood Triglycerides Abnormal, Barrett's Oesophagus, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has High Blood Sugar
- A study of side effects of Syndopa for a 35-year old man with Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Painful Erection
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Omega 3, Sinemet, Escitalopram, Bystolic, Lotrel, Simvastatin, Clonazepam, Vesicare for a 60-year old man with Incontinence, Age-related Hearing Loss, Parkinson's Disease, Depression, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Sleep Disorder, Urgent Urination. The patient has Fatigue, Parkinsonian Gait, Tremor
- A study of side effects of Nexium Iv for a 55-year old woman with Heartburn - Chronic. The patient has High Blood Sugar (high blood sugar)
- A study of side effects of Allopurinol for a 67-year old man with Gout. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Recent Carbidopa and levodopa related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Carbidopa And Levodopa, Amantadine Hydrochloride, Azilect, Neupro for a 61-year old woman who has Parkinsonian Gait
- Comparions of Carbidopa And Levodopa, Mirapex for a 55-year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease
- Comparions of Entacapone, Azilect, Mirapex, Carbidopa And Levodopa for a 68-year old man who has Parkinsons
- Comparions of Augmentin '875', Sinemet for a 66-year old man who has Abscess
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Tamsulosin, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Proscar, Zocor for a 76-year old man who has Colesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.