Review: could Carbidopa and levodopa cause Stomach upset (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Stomach upset is found among people who take Carbidopa and levodopa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Comtan, and have Parkinson's disease.
We study 2,276 people who have side effects while taking Carbidopa and levodopa from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Stomach upset. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach upset and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa and have Stomach upset >>>
Carbidopa and levodopa
Carbidopa And Levodopa has active ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa. It is often used in parkinson's disease. (latest outcomes from 2,480 Carbidopa And Levodopa users)
Stomach upset has been reported by people with pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, quit smoking. (latest reports from 142,475 Stomach upset patients)
On Feb, 18, 2015: 2,274 people reported to have side effects when taking Carbidopa and levodopa. Among them, 57 people (2.51%) have Stomach Upset.
Time on Carbidopa and levodopa when people have Stomach upset * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach upset||87.50%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Stomach upset when taking Carbidopa and levodopa * :
|Stomach upset||65.22%||34.78% |
Age of people who have Stomach upset when taking Carbidopa and levodopa * :
|Stomach upset||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||18.33%||81.67% |
Severity of Stomach upset when taking Carbidopa and levodopa ** :
How people recovered from Stomach upset ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (32 people, 56.14%)
- Bipolar disorder (12 people, 21.05%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (8 people, 14.04%)
- Parkinsonism (7 people, 12.28%)
- Depression (7 people, 12.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Comtan (16 people, 28.07%)
- Lithium (12 people, 21.05%)
- Lipitor (9 people, 15.79%)
- Carbidopa and levodopa tablets usp (8 people, 14.04%)
- Requip (8 people, 14.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stomach Upset while taking Carbidopa And Levodopa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa and have Stomach Upset
- support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa
- support group for people who have Stomach Upset
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 41-year old woman with Bee Sting. The patient has Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Zofran, Demerol for a 49-year old man with Aocvs, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Toviaz, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Aspirin, Carbidopa And Levodopa for a 67-year old woman with Bladder Discomfort, Thyrogen, Knee Pain, Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Nose Bleeds
- A study of side effects of Stelara for a 50-year old woman with Psoriasis. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Binge Drinking (excessive alcohol use)
- A study of side effects of Adderall 20 for a 37-year old woman with Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder. The patient has Frequent Headaches (pain in head), Nausea And Vomiting, Heartburn - Chronic (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus), Abdominal Pain Upper
Recent Carbidopa and levodopa related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Carbidopa And Levodopa, Amantadine Hydrochloride, Azilect, Neupro for a 61-year old woman who has Parkinsonian Gait
- Comparions of Carbidopa And Levodopa, Mirapex for a 55-year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease
- Comparions of Entacapone, Azilect, Mirapex, Carbidopa And Levodopa for a 68-year old man who has Parkinsons
- Comparions of Augmentin '875', Sinemet for a 66-year old man who has Abscess
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Tamsulosin, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Proscar, Zocor for a 76-year old man who has Colesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.