Home > Carbidopa and levodopa > Stomach upset > Carbidopa and levodopa and Stomach upset
Review: could Carbidopa and levodopa cause Stomach upset (Nausea and vomiting)?
We study 2,272 people who have side effects while taking Carbidopa and levodopa from FDA and social media. Among them, 57 have Stomach upset. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach upset and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa and have Stomach upset >>>
Carbidopa and levodopa
Carbidopa and levodopa (latest outcomes from 2,472 users) has active ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa. It is often used in parkinson's disease.
Stomach upset (latest reports from 844,689 patients) has been reported by people with pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 2,272 people reported to have side effects when taking Carbidopa and levodopa. Among them, 57 people (2.51%) have Stomach Upset.
Time on Carbidopa and levodopa when people have Stomach upset * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach upset||87.50%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Stomach upset when taking Carbidopa and levodopa * :
|Stomach upset||65.22%||34.78% |
Age of people who have Stomach upset when taking Carbidopa and levodopa * :
|Stomach upset||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||18.33%||81.67% |
Severity of Stomach upset when taking Carbidopa and levodopa ** :
How people recovered from Stomach upset ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (32 people, 56.14%)
- Bipolar disorder (12 people, 21.05%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (8 people, 14.04%)
- Parkinsonism (7 people, 12.28%)
- Depression (7 people, 12.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Comtan (16 people, 28.07%)
- Lithium (12 people, 21.05%)
- Lipitor (9 people, 15.79%)
- Carbidopa and levodopa tablets usp (8 people, 14.04%)
- Requip (8 people, 14.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stomach Upset while taking Carbidopa And Levodopa?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa and have Stomach Upset
- support group for people who take Carbidopa and levodopa
- support group for people who have Stomach Upset
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My dr. prescribed me phergan. how common is weight gain on this drug?
A Dr. prescribed me Phenergan and Potassium CL ER today. I read online that Phenergan can cause weight gain. Have any of you been on Phenergan, and if so have you experiences any weight gain or other symptoms I should be made aware of? Thank you in advance.
- How often is parkinson's disease confused with chronic lyme diseasse?
Back in the early 1950s I had the joy and privilege of spending a couple of summers on Cape Cod. As a kid, a lot of that time was spent playing in the grove of poplar trees and bramble behind the house. I clearly remember numerous buried tics, some of which resulted in a circular ring around the t ...
- Lamicta side effect nausa and vomiting after years of takin it for bi-polar
I been taking Lamictal for a couple of years. With no side effects. Presently I starter having nausea, and dry heaves ,
I went to the specialist they run test for stomach hernia, etc etc. they did not find any thing wrong. Today I noatice I experience nausea after taking Lamictal I experience ...
- What to do when one take 20 dose of propranolol 40mg?
a normal person take 20 doses of propranolol 40 mg at a single time. now vomiting and dizziness are the conditions
- Could prolonged methotrexate injections(for ra) in the fatty front of the abdomen cause stomach digestive muscles to weaken, thus contribution got gastoparesis?
I have had moderate to severe RA for six years, but have been weekly injecting methotrexate into the front fatty tissue on either side of my abdomen for two years (as a supplemental drug to biologics). Is it reasonable to inquire of the possibility that those injections weakened my digestive muscle ...
- What has been the overall treatment plan for people suffering from champix/chantix side effects?
I took Champix for the full 12 weeks prescribed. While taking Champix I was happier than I've ever been, it was like a revelation, I had it all figured out and wanted everyone around me to be happy. I quit smoking on my quit date, no cravings, etc. That part worked. I had a couple episodes of ju ...
- Can i take pepcid complete with keflex
Keflex is giving me an upset stomach. Can I take pepcid complete to help or is it contradicted with Keflex?
- I have tried several meds for my rls. first i tried mirapex , then gabapentin and now on sinemet
Have tried ropiranole type drugs, Mirapex, went to gabapentin, now on Sinemet Cr. Feeling depressed, gaining weight, and not getting relief thru the night. Take trazodone to finally get sleep. Worried about side effects of Sinemet CR 25/100 need to take 2 or 3 at night to get relief. Also taking ...
- I have night episodes of binge eating without hunger
I have Parkinson Disease diagnosed 4 years ago. It seems to be a slow developing PD since my symptoms have increased very little or nothing in all these years. I have a serious condition of insomnia, I get asleep very soon but awake many times during the night (6 or 7 times), I have been Rx sever ...
- Is high ck (702) related to parkinson's
High ck led to taking a statin as a prophylactic, which was discontinued when I had a normal angiogram one month later my ck is still high. It was 702, a month later it is 678. What should I do?
More questions for: Carbidopa and levodopa, Stomach upset
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nausea and vomiting while taking savella
I have been on Savella for 6 months now and the nausea has increased with time and now I also have vomiting daily along with occasional diarrhea. I am currently weaning off of the Savella, cutting the dosage in half for two weeks and then one pill every other day for two weeks, following my dr.'s in ...
- Farxiga ? problems, stomach, smell, taste
I have been on Farxiga for 2 months. First, I was on Farxiga 5mg, About 6 weeks ago changed to 10 mg, about same time I noticed my coffee smelled different and bad, kept on a week and asked my wife. Changed coffee brand twice. It got worse, began to taste it. For the last week I can smell it in my f ...
- Poisened by fenofibrate
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptom ...
- Buspirone and biotin
I took only 1 10,000Mcg biotin capsule and 1 buspirone (sorry to not have dosage) at roughly the sAme time (aprx 2pm).later that night, I felt severe anxiety and a giant ” knot” in my chest causing difficulty breathing. Few hours passed then I began to feel a sharp throbbing pain in left side an ...
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
- Neulasta side effect
Day 7 post neulasta injection, experienced 24-36 hours of intense nausea, vomiting, and bone pain.
- Mother recovered significantly from confusion
My very independent, active mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's (long over due, she did not have the common tremor but instead had issues with her gait).
She was already on Wellbutrin and Prozac because they thought her shuffling was muscle weakness due to inactivity caused by depression. Once p ...
- Choking on fluid in my throat
I have taken 2 pills, in the last 48 hour period. I have never taken Prevacid 24hr before, and was told it would be safe to use while pregnant. I woke up, the second night, to either mucus or some fluid, in my throat. When I tried it "clear" my throat, the fluid moved to block my breathing. I starte ...
- Pancreatitis secondary to ramipril?
I am a doctor by professoion.I was taking Ramipril 2.5 mg for last 2yrs.I am non diabetic,nonalcoholic,no gall stone,no H/O fever.Suddenly one morning I had severe abdominal pain followed by bouts of vomiting.Investigation like serum lipase,s.amylase,USG abdomen,CT scan abdomen confirmed diagnosis o ...
More reviews for: Carbidopa and levodopa, Stomach upset
On eHealthMe, Carbidopa And Levodopa (carbidopa; levodopa) is often used for parkinson's disease. Find out below the conditions Carbidopa And Levodopa is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Carbidopa And Levodopa used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Carbidopa and levodopa, Stomach upset
Recent Carbidopa and levodopa related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Entacapone, Azilect, Mirapex, Carbidopa And Levodopa for a 68-year old man who has Parkinsons
- Comparions of Augmentin '875', Sinemet for a 66-year old man who has Abscess
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Tamsulosin, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Proscar, Zocor for a 76-year old man who has Colesterol
- Comparions of Carbidopa And Levodopa, Azilect for a 50-year old man who has Parkinsonism
- Comparions of Parcopa, Risperidone for a 14-year old boy who has Dystonia
- Comparions of Sinemet, Azilect for a 61-year old woman who has Lindy Meyer
- Comparions of Klonopin, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Amantadine Hydrochloride, for a 56-year old woman who has Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis
- Comparions of Provigil, Orphenadrine Citrate, Sinemet Cr for a 60-year old woman who has Raymondgurney@btinternet.com
- Comparions of Sinemet Cr, Ambien Cr, Baclofen, Cymbalta for a 41-year old woman who has Dystonia
- Comparions of Sinemet, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Azilect for a 65-year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease
More related comparison studies for: Carbidopa and levodopa, Stomach upset
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.