Review: could Carboplatin cause Anaphylaxis?
Summary: Anaphylaxis is found among people who take Carboplatin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Taxol, and have Ovarian cancer.
We study 28,842 people who have side effects while taking Carboplatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 271 have Anaphylaxis. Find out below who they are, when they have Anaphylaxis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Carboplatin and have Anaphylaxis >>>
Carboplatin has active ingredients of carboplatin. It is often used in cancer. (latest outcomes from Carboplatin 28,931 users)
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, asthma, high blood pressure, premedication, pain.(latest reports from Anaphylaxis 28,888 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 28,842 people reported to have side effects when taking Carboplatin. Among them, 271 people (0.94%) have Anaphylaxis.
Time on Carboplatin when people have Anaphylaxis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Carboplatin * :
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Carboplatin * :
Severity of Anaphylaxis when taking Carboplatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anaphylaxis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Ovarian cancer (70 people, 25.83%)
- Non-small cell lung cancer (25 people, 9.23%)
- Breast cancer (10 people, 3.69%)
- Hypersensitivity (9 people, 3.32%)
- Lung neoplasm malignant (9 people, 3.32%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Taxol (65 people, 23.99%)
- Paclitaxel (55 people, 20.30%)
- Dexamethasone (33 people, 12.18%)
- Zantac (31 people, 11.44%)
- Decadron (27 people, 9.96%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anaphylaxis while taking Carboplatin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Carboplatin and have Anaphylaxis
- support group for people who take Carboplatin
- support group for people who have Anaphylaxis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Seizure after an epipen injection
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Epipen)
I am allergic to EVERYTHING, so I usually pre-game with benadryl and wait out the uncomfortable side effects, but this time my tongue started swelling up and I was having trouble breathing so I went to an ER. About 5-7 minutes after they injected me in the thigh with an epipen, I was in mid sentence ...
- Can r-chop chemotherapy cause aortic stenosis?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Aortic Valve Stenosis, Lymphoma - Non-Hodgkin's, and takes Etoposide, Carboplatin , Ifosfamide, Vincristine Sulfate, Prednisone, Doxorubicin Hydrochloride, Cyclophosphamide , Rituxan)
Treated with 3 courses of R-CHOP plus radiotherapy for Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of orbit of eye in 2010. In complete remission until 2014 then relapse of genetically identical tumor in maxillary sinus. Recently have received 3 courses of R-ICE. During the past week I have had a cardiac ECHO ...
- Can thyroid problems bring on anaphylaxis often?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Anaphylaxis)
70 yr old previously stong female: Suspicious of thyroid problems...family history. Fatigue, skin, hair changes, slightly swollen, tender tongue at all times. In the last 6 months I've developed food related anaphalaxis. Getting serious, 3 E.R. runs in last 3 months....packing 2 epipens at all tim ...
- Should a 66-year-old with paroxysmal atrial tachycardia (pat) take herceptin for 6 months instread of 12 months?
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Carcinoma - Ductal, Breast Cancer Her2+, Non-metastatic, and takes Carboplatin, Taxotere, Herceptin)
My concern is the potential for cardiac damage from taking Herceptin. The research on Herceptin for highly HER2 positive breast cancer seems less than clear that 12 months of treatment has truly significant benefit over 6 months. With a pre-existing heart condition of PAT (rx metoprolol) and also hi ...
- Does avastin in conjunction with gemcitabine and carboplatin cause a danger to persons who had a bone marrow transplant (their own marrow)?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has 4th Stage Uterine Cancer, Breast Cancer Female, and takes Gemcitabine, Carboplatin)
after taking the series of carboplatin and taxol combination, the ca 125 numbers hat had reached a low of in the 20's had rebounded to the 50's.
Also, the neuropathy in the right hand and foot had reached a serious stage.
At this point, the md decided to change the regimen to gemcitabine and carbo ...
More questions for: Carboplatin, Anaphylaxis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Happened to me- allergic reaction to rogaine
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Rogaine)
Within the first week of usage, I began to have leg cramps, facial swelling, tightness of breath, chest pain, anxiety, and chronic headaches. Even with allergy medicines and aspirin, nothing seemed to help. At first, I felt it was though it was just simple allergies until I woke up one morning with ...
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction (1 response)
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Cephalexin)
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to c ...
- Anaphylactic shock from fish oil
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Shock, and takes Fish Oil)
Yes I went into Anaphylactic shock after taking fish oil. It was just a matter of a few minutes when my hands and feet started itching and then my throat closed up. I could not breathe and 911 was called. I spent 4 nights in the hospital, the first 24 hours vomiting and loose bowels. It was the ...
More reviews for: Carboplatin, Anaphylaxis
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anaphylactic Shock (severe and rapid and sometimes fatal hypersensitivity reaction to a substance)
Comments: Was on Cymbalta 30mg for around 3 weeks and was increased to 60mg. Three days after beginning 60mg dosage, I went into Anaphylactic Shock. First my eyes were sensitive to light and I had brain fog. The following day, I thought I was beginning to feel better and in the middle of a store, the right si ...
- A study of drug interactions between Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Cipro for a patient with Facial Swelling (lower Right Side, Next To Chin For An Unknown Reason Thought To Be A Blocked Salivary Gland). The patient has Itching, Itching, Abdominal Pain, Abdominal Cramps, Swollen Face, Swollen Lips, Swollen Tongue, Swollen Eyelid, Hives, Anaphylactic Shock
Comments: I went to the emergency room because I noticed that the bottom of my face was swollen on the right side next to my chin. I was not in any pain, but thought it was strange and because I had never noticed anything like that before. The doctor was not sure what was wrong with me, said he thought it was ...
- A study of side effects of Rituxan for a patient with Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinaemia. The patient has Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure), Embolism (obstruction of an artery, typically by a clot of blood or an air bubble), Anaphylactic Shock (severe and rapid and sometimes fatal hypersensitivity reaction to a substance)
Comments: Anaphylactic shock upon first and second infusions. Crash team intervention required
Bilateral Pulmonary embolisms at 4th week of treatment
Chronic and multiple episodes of accute Hypotension started during Rituximab treatments. No hypoentention problems prior to Rituximab treatments.
- A study of side effects of Celebrex for a patient with Neck Injury. The patient has Clumsiness (a lack of coordination or elegance), Anger, Fat Intolerance (inability to use fat by digestive system), Fat Intolerance (inability to use fat by digestive system), Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears), Anaphylactic Reaction (serious allergic reaction)
Comments: I had reaction to celebrex when I took higher dose. My throat Swelled coughing. My ears had pressure. The left ear popped and ever since that mOment I have tinnitus and hearing loss w mixed noise. I have intolerance to noise light stress and isolate myself. Noise is painful and one if triggers to m ...
- A study of side effects of Penicillin for a patient with Lung Consolidation. The patient has Anaphylactic Shock (severe and rapid and sometimes fatal hypersensitivity reaction to a substance)
Comments: This child already had Wilm tumour stage-3 with previous splenectomy scar. IV cefotaxime 500mg and benzyl penicillin 500,000IU was together used for about 10days. This morning after injection of penicillin and cefotaxime, he suffered anaphylatic shock and expired.
More related studies for: Carboplatin, Anaphylaxis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.