Home > Cardizem > Abnormal dreams > Cardizem and Abnormal dreams
Review: could Cardizem cause Abnormal dreams?
Summary: Abnormal dreams is found among people who take Cardizem, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Chantix, and have Smoking cessation therapy.
We study 15,962 people who have side effects while taking Cardizem from FDA and social media. Among them, 50 have Abnormal dreams. Find out below who they are, when they have Abnormal dreams and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cardizem and have Abnormal dreams >>>
Cardizem (latest outcomes from 16,418 users) has active ingredients of diltiazem hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Abnormal dreams (latest reports from 15,230 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 15,961 people reported to have side effects when taking Cardizem. Among them, 50 people (0.31%) have Abnormal Dreams.
Time on Cardizem when people have Abnormal dreams * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abnormal dreams||80.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Abnormal dreams when taking Cardizem * :
|Abnormal dreams||65.38%||34.62% |
Age of people who have Abnormal dreams when taking Cardizem * :
|Abnormal dreams||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||18.18%||27.27%||54.55% |
Severity of Abnormal dreams when taking Cardizem ** :
How people recovered from Abnormal dreams ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (19 people, 38.00%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 22.00%)
- Depression (4 people, 8.00%)
- Pain (4 people, 8.00%)
- Convulsion (3 people, 6.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Chantix (20 people, 40.00%)
- Cardizem cd (12 people, 24.00%)
- Lasix (11 people, 22.00%)
- Plavix (8 people, 16.00%)
- Zocor (8 people, 16.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Abnormal Dreams while taking Cardizem?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cardizem and have Abnormal Dreams
- support group for people who take Cardizem
- support group for people who have Abnormal Dreams
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who takes Wellbutrin, Synthroid, Seroquel, Neurontin, Nexium, Losartan, Lamictal, Cardizem La)
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
- Is dramamine ok to take with afib
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who takes Xanax , Xarelto, Wellbutrin, Losartan, Cardizem)
I want to take Dramamine for dizziness....is it ok with all these other meds. I have afib
- Can you mix mobic and flexerill
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Cardizem, Ativan)
I need the mobic for joint relief and the ativan for anxiety. The cardizem is for my blood pressure.The flexeril helps my muscles relax and i can sleep better. Are these combinations safe?
- Has anyone else had a doctor who found a sufficient solution, such as sleeping medication, etc. to deal with the supposedly "rare"side effect of debilitating nightmares while taking viibryd?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Abnormal Dreams, and takes Viibryd)
Having debilitating nightmares on viibryd. Finding that this is a less than rare side effect. Dealing with all involved in a depressive episode is quite enough without having to also deal with this more than obnoxious side effect. Waking with panic attacks and have now developed a fear of going to ...
- Can multi steriod injections for joint pain cause a persons blood pressure and pulse to drop?
(Asked by a 89 year old woman who has Hypertension For Last 40yrs., A-fibrillation, and takes Bystolic, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Aldactone, Sildenafil Citrate)
My mother is 89 and has pain in her shoulder and knees. The ortho doctor gave each area an injection of steroids. Then 4 weeks later gave a second injection in the same shoulder. A few weeks later her pulse and blood pressure dropped. Could there be a connection?? Her pulse and blood pressure have d ...
More questions for: Cardizem, Abnormal dreams
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Strange dreams while sucking on a 2mg nicotine polacrilex lozenge
(Posted by a 74 year old man who has Abnormal Dreams, and takes Nicotine Polacrilex)
I had a dream in which I was aware of everything that was happening in the room around me, but purely auditory, I could hear the tv sound plainly but everything visual was very blurred.
I tried to stand and was unable to balance myself. When I forced myself to my feet, I tried to call for help ...
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Spontaneous Erections After Taking 250 Size Tikosyn, and takes Lisinopril, Coumadin)
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
- Nausea with felodipine
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Nausea And Headache, and takes Felodipine, Lipitor, Diltiazem Hydrochloride)
I am incapacitated by nausea and headaches until mid afternoon. I take 5 mg felodipine each night about 11 pm. What can I do to manage it.
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting, Tachycardia, Hypercalcemia, and takes Fluconazole, Cartia Xt, Benicar, Coumadin, Cymbalta)
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
More reviews for: Cardizem, Abnormal dreams
- A study of side effects of Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a patient with High Blood Pressure And Irregular Heart Beat. The patient has Osteoporosis And Aging (weak bone with possibility to break in aged)
Comments: If Diltiazem is a calcium blocker, could it be causing or perpetuating my
osteoporosis. In the past two years I have taken Forteo injections daily
with no improvement when I was given a scanning. The scanning revealed a
T score of minus 3. Has Diltiazem defeated FOrteo and the preceding use of
- A study of side effects of Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Migraine (headache)
Comments: was recently in-between insurance so went off diltiazem for high blood pressure for one month...persistent (bordering on chronic) migraine headaches dissipated after approx one week off medication and continued migraine free until restarted regular full dose diltiazem (120 mg 2x daily) after 6 weeks ...
- A study of side effects of Effexor for a patient with Depression. The patient has Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating), Slow Heart Beat, Bruising Easily And Large Bruises, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Short-term Memory Loss, Abnormal Dreams, Visual Impairment, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Headache - Tension (head pain due to tension), Pain, Achilles Tendonitis (sharp pain anywhere along the back of the tendon), Pain - Ankle, Knee Pain, Pain - Hip, Low Back Pain, Crepitations (noises are produced by the rubbing of parts one against the other), Joint Stiffness
Comments: Always had some low back pain and hip click on right side without pain, worsened with Effexor in past few months. Only on right side with knee pain now and crepitus in knee. Thigh pain in right side to knee and now radiating to right ankle (inner) and Achilles. Fatigue worsened and lack motivation ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zopiclone, Codeine Sulfate, Lyrica, Cymbalta, Lactulose, Restasis, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Nexium for a patient with Systemic Sclerosis (scleroderma). The patient has Bone Spur
Comments: I have the crest variation of scleroderma. Since developing this illness in 2004 I have developed bone spurs on both feet, as well as my right hip and my right shoulder. I am just curious if Scleroderma and or any of the above medications induce bone spurs. Thank you. Shirley
- A study of side effects of Cartia Xt for a patient with Hypertension - Essential. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
Comments: I've been taking this med with vitamins and it seems the symptoms are getting worse. My sister calls it water retention but i have never had that before. from my thighs, knees, legs, ankles, feet and toes -- all swelling mostly at night.
More related studies for: Cardizem, Abnormal dreams
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.