Review: could Cardura cause Nephrolithiasis (Kidney stones)?
Summary: Nephrolithiasis is found among people who take Cardura, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Vioxx, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 14,944 people who have side effects while taking Cardura from FDA and social media. Among them, 51 have Nephrolithiasis. Find out below who they are, when they have Nephrolithiasis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cardura and have Nephrolithiasis >>>
Cardura has active ingredients of doxazosin mesylate. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from 15,099 Cardura users)
Nephrolithiasis (calculi in the kidneys) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain. (latest reports from 14,361 Nephrolithiasis patients)
On Apr, 20, 2015: 14,944 people reported to have side effects when taking Cardura. Among them, 51 people (0.34%) have Nephrolithiasis.
Time on Cardura when people have Nephrolithiasis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Nephrolithiasis when taking Cardura * :
Severity of Nephrolithiasis when taking Cardura ** :
How people recovered from Nephrolithiasis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (15 people, 29.41%)
- Prostate cancer (15 people, 29.41%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (10 people, 19.61%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 9.80%)
- Obesity (4 people, 7.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (27 people, 52.94%)
- Aspirin (26 people, 50.98%)
- Celebrex (23 people, 45.10%)
- Zometa (22 people, 43.14%)
- Lupron (22 people, 43.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Cardura and nephrolithiasis on
Do you have Nephrolithiasis while taking Cardura?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cardura and have Nephrolithiasis
- support group for people who take Cardura
- support group for people who have Nephrolithiasis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine, Toradol, Zolpidem Tartrate, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Meloxicam, Adipex-p, Lisinopril, Lamictal, Sertraline for a 37-year old woman with Nausea, Migraine, Sleeplessness, Weight Loss, High Blood Pressure, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Stones - Kidney, Bite
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Maleate; Benazepril Hydrochloride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Atenolol for a 67-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears, Swollen Belly, Aches And Pains In Bones, Eye Allergy, Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Protriptyline Hydrochloride for a 59-year old woman with Complicated Migraine. The patient has Kidney Stones
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
Recent Cardura related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Terazosin Hydrochloride, for a 59-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Cardura, Flomax for a 73-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Cardura, Azor for a 59-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Symbicort, Hydrochlorothiazide, Doxazosin Mesylate, Omeprazole, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 73-year old man who has UTI
- Comparions of Hytrin, Uroxatral, Cardura, Flomax, Rapaflo for a 59-year old man who has BPH
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.