Cardura and Nephrolithiasis - from FDA reports
Nephrolithiasis is found among people who take Cardura, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Vioxx, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Nephrolithiasis with Cardura. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,034 people who have side effects when taking Cardura from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 24, 2017
17,034 people reported to have side effects when taking Cardura.
Among them, 61 people (0.36%) have Nephrolithiasis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cardura when people have Nephrolithiasis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Nephrolithiasis when taking Cardura *:
- female: 16.95 %
- male: 83.05 %
Age of people who have Nephrolithiasis when taking Cardura *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.85 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 3.7 %
- 50-59: 9.26 %
- 60+: 85.19 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Prostate Cancer (16 people, 26.23%)
- Osteoporosis (16 people, 26.23%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (14 people, 22.95%)
- Diabetes (5 people, 8.20%)
- Weight Loss (4 people, 6.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vioxx (28 people, 45.90%)
- Celebrex (26 people, 42.62%)
- Zometa (25 people, 40.98%)
- Lupron (24 people, 39.34%)
- Aspirin (24 people, 39.34%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Back Pain (31 people, 50.82%)
- Constipation (30 people, 49.18%)
- Urinary Tract Infection (28 people, 45.90%)
- Pain In Extremity (28 people, 45.90%)
- Headache (27 people, 44.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nephrolithiasis when taking Cardura?
Cardura has active ingredients of doxazosin mesylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Cardura 17,214 users)
Nephrolithiasis (calculi in the kidneys) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, crohn's disease (latest reports from 24,577 Nephrolithiasis patients).