Home > Cardura > Priapism > Cardura and Priapism
Review: could Cardura cause Priapism (Penis pain)?
Summary: Priapism is found among people who take Cardura, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Zyprexa, and have Benign prostatic hyperplasia.
We study 14,943 people who have side effects while taking Cardura from FDA and social media. Among them, 21 have Priapism. Find out below who they are, when they have Priapism and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cardura and have Priapism >>>
Cardura (latest outcomes from 15,098 users) has active ingredients of doxazosin mesylate. It is often used in enlarged prostate.
Priapism (prolonged and painful erection that can last from several hours up to a few days) (latest reports from 6,436 patients) has been reported by people with depression, erection problems, schizophrenia, insomnia, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 14,942 people reported to have side effects when taking Cardura. Among them, 21 people (0.14%) have Priapism.
Time on Cardura when people have Priapism * :
Age of people who have Priapism when taking Cardura * :
Severity of Priapism when taking Cardura ** :
How people recovered from Priapism ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (2 people, 9.52%)
- Micturition urgency (2 people, 9.52%)
- Prostatomegaly (2 people, 9.52%)
- Pollakiuria (2 people, 9.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyprexa (4 people, 19.05%)
- Temazepam (3 people, 14.29%)
- Benazepril (3 people, 14.29%)
- Triazolam (3 people, 14.29%)
- Gabapentin (3 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Priapism while taking Cardura?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cardura and have Priapism
- support group for people who take Cardura
- support group for people who have Priapism
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, and takes Fluticasone Propionate, Finasteride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Butrans, Sertraline, Omeprazole, Simvastatin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Naproxen, Aspirin, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Senna, Colace, Methadone Hydrochloride)
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- Can xarelto cause my blood pressure to elevate
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Allopurinol, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Crestor, Doxazosin Mesylate, Labetalol Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Oxycodone, Xarelto)
I had a stroke (TIA) TWO MONTHS AGO AND MY DOCTOR PUT ME ON A BLOOD THINNER
XARELTO and my blood pressure is always high now.
- I cut 1/3 of my oxycontin sr 15 mg pills in half, to minimize intake. any problem with that?
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Foot Edema, Low Back Pain, Itching, Short-Term Memory Loss, High Blood Pressure, Skin Lesions, and takes Atenolol, Doxazosin Mesylate)
Keflex for skin lesions.
Oxycontin has robbed me of short-term memory, and makes me tired. The foot Edema is so bad my big shoe hits the gas and brake pedals at the same time, so I can't drive with my shoe on.
I want Resiniferatoxin to permanently kill my low back pain, but the Opiate industry ...
- Can you take amlodapine and doxazosin at the same time
(Asked by a 74 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, BPH, Atrial Fibruations, Low Thyroid, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Doxazosin Mesylate, Lovastatin)
have acid reflux, Afib, BPH. low thyroid levels high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Have been taking 50 mg metoprolol for 8 months it makes me very tired. Work out on a bow flex for 30 minutes and walk 2 miles every day. if I take 25 mg metoprolol and work out on the bow flex in the morning ...
- Is pentoxifylline effective in treatment of radiation proctitus?
(Asked by a 76 year old man who has Radiation Proctitus, Type 2 Diabetes, Controlled High Blood Pressure, and takes Pentoxifylline, Metformin, Irbesartan; Hydrochlorothiazide, Atorvastatin Calcium, Doxazosin Mesylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Aspirin)
Gastroenterologist suggests Pentoxifylline to increase blood flow to help reduce or stop minor (but increasingly frequent) blood loss noticeable 15 months after radiation treatment for prostate cancer.
More questions for: Cardura, Priapism
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Did you recover from bph?
(Posted by a 70 year old man who has BPH, and takes Saw Palmetto, Doxazosin)
For unknown reasons my BPH symptoms have gradually disappeared. I was taking Doxazosin for 2-3 years but it never seemed to really help. I stated taking Saw Palmetto about a year ago.
Gradually over this summer my BPH symptoms faded to almost zero.
I'm not ready to claim that the Saw Palmetto di ...
More reviews for: Cardura, Priapism
- A study of drug interactions between Doxazosin Mesylate, Celebrex, Fluoxetine, Soma, Lyrica, Morphine, Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Thick Ejaculate/ Thick Semen, Chronic Pain, Ptsd, Nerve Pain. The patient has Thick Ejaculate/ Thick Semen
Comments: Thick uncomfortable ejaculations. Sometimes "chunks" of semen exit my penis durning bowel movements. Ejaculations look like gobs of tiny little round, very thick balls of semen making up large chunks of ejaculate...
- A study of drug interactions between Doxazosin Mesylate, Prozac, Methadone Hydrochloride, Morphine, Soma, Lyrica, Celebrex for a patient with Thick Ejaculations, Depression, Nerve Pain. The patient has Painful Ejaculation
Comments: Extremely thick, chunky like semen. Making it painful to ejaculate. Occasionally semen will come out during bowel movements in glob like increments. Ejaculations appear to be made up of small oblong jelly like balls, mixed together with semi vascular fluid.
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Vitamin D, Calcium, Tolterodine Tartrate, Doxazosin Mesylate, Lamotrigine, Fosamax for a patient with Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Overactive Bladder, Bipolar 1. The patient has Cognitive Deterioration
Comments: Forgetting what everyday things are called several times a day. Also find I am not always typing what I intended so have to reared and sometimes retype things. Mainly just replacing a word with something else and no, this is not an autocorrect situation.
- A study of side effects of Avodart for a patient with Enlarged Prostate. The patient has Pain - Penis
Comments: Was not an issue until very recently. No injury that I know of, and no extra-curricular sex. Had burning in same area some 20 years ago that had to do with scarring which was corrected during systiscopic procedure.
- A study of drug interactions between Coenzyme Q10, Vitamin D, Zyrtec, Allopurinol, Doxazosin Mesylate, Atorvastatin Calcium for a patient with Health, C-reactive Protein Abnormal, Allergic Sinusitis, Purine Metabolism Disorder, Bph, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Itching In The Groin, Paecilomyces Lilacinus, Pseudogout, Bursitis
Comments: History of general muscular and joint aches for several years. Ongoing itch in groin with no rash, with periodic small recurrent open sore in the same location in the groin, oozing a white, smelly substance if not treated with fungicide, antibiotic or alcohol. Fluid filled swelling in left elbow, ...
More related studies for: Cardura, Priapism
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.