Review: could Cardura cause Priapism (Penis pain)?
Summary: Priapism is found among people who take Cardura, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Zyprexa, and have Enlarged prostate.
We study 14,944 people who have side effects while taking Cardura from FDA and social media. Among them, 21 have Priapism. Find out below who they are, when they have Priapism and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cardura and have Priapism >>>
Cardura has active ingredients of doxazosin mesylate. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from 15,099 Cardura users)
Priapism (prolonged and painful erection that can last from several hours up to a few days) has been reported by people with depression, erection problems, schizophrenia, insomnia, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 2,080 Priapism patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 14,944 people reported to have side effects when taking Cardura. Among them, 21 people (0.14%) have Priapism.
Time on Cardura when people have Priapism * :
Age of people who have Priapism when taking Cardura * :
Severity of Priapism when taking Cardura ** :
How people recovered from Priapism ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (2 people, 9.52%)
- Micturition urgency (2 people, 9.52%)
- Prostatomegaly (2 people, 9.52%)
- Pollakiuria (2 people, 9.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyprexa (4 people, 19.05%)
- Temazepam (3 people, 14.29%)
- Benazepril (3 people, 14.29%)
- Triazolam (3 people, 14.29%)
- Gabapentin (3 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cardura and priapism on
Do you have Priapism while taking Cardura?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Cardura and have Priapism
- support group for people who take Cardura
- support group for people who have Priapism
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lumigan, Doxazosin Mesylate, Ramipril, Diazepam, Prednisolone, Paracetamol, Tramadol, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 66-year old man with Pressure Sore, Blood Pressure Increased, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lung Surgery. The patient has Oral Discharge
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a 44-year old man with Tooth Infection. The patient has Genital Sores - Male (sore or lesion that appears on the penis), Urination - Painful, Eye Redness, Penis, Pain - Penis
- A study of side effects of Cardura for a 73-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Clopidogrel, Doxazosin Mesylate, Moduretic 5-50, Bisoprolol Fumarate And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 58-year old woman with Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Depression, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Migraine With Aura, Hypertension. The patient has Arthritis, Depression, Insomnia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Toothache, Bleeding Tendency, Skin Burning Sensation, Degenerative Joint Disease, Diverticulitis, Eyes - Sensitive To Light, Dermatitis Psoriasiform, Skin - Dry, Dry Mouth, Vaginitis Atrophic, Numbness And Tingling, Tongue Irritation, Increased Thirst, Sciatica, Muscle Aches, Aches And Pains In Bones, Pain Exacerbated, Pain Of Skin
- A study of side effects of Lexapro for a 52-year old man with Depression. The patient has Pain - Penis
Recent Cardura related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Cardura, Flomax for a 73-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Cardura, Azor for a 59-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Symbicort, Hydrochlorothiazide, Doxazosin Mesylate, Omeprazole, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 73-year old man who has UTI
- Comparions of Hytrin, Uroxatral, Cardura, Flomax, Rapaflo for a 59-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Atenolol, Cardura, Norvasc, Maxide, Losartan for a 64-year old man who has HBP
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.