Cardura and Priapism - from FDA reports
Priapism is found among people who take Cardura, especially for people who are 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zyprexa, and have Micturition urgency. This review analyzes which people have Priapism with Cardura. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,034 people who have side effects when taking Cardura from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 22, 2017
17,034 people reported to have side effects when taking Cardura.
Among them, 24 people (0.14%) have Priapism
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cardura when people have Priapism *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 50 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Priapism when taking Cardura *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 4.76 %
- 30-39: 4.76 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 9.52 %
- 60+: 47.62 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Prostatomegaly (2 people, 8.33%)
- Pollakiuria (2 people, 8.33%)
- Micturition Urgency (2 people, 8.33%)
- Gout (1 person, 4.17%)
- Cough (1 person, 4.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zyprexa (4 people, 16.67%)
- Triazolam (3 people, 12.50%)
- Temazepam (3 people, 12.50%)
- Irbesartan (3 people, 12.50%)
- Gabapentin (3 people, 12.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Penile Pain (3 people, 12.50%)
- Hypotension (3 people, 12.50%)
- Erection Problems (3 people, 12.50%)
- Ejaculation Failure (3 people, 12.50%)
- Painful Erection (2 people, 8.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Priapism when taking Cardura?
Cardura has active ingredients of doxazosin mesylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Cardura 17,214 users)
Priapism (prolonged and painful erection that can last from several hours up to a few days) has been reported by people with erection problems, depression, schizophrenia, insomnia, bipolar disorder (latest reports from 2,869 Priapism patients).