Review: could Cardura cause Stool softener (Constipation)?
Summary: Stool softener is found among people who take Cardura, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 14,944 people who have side effects while taking Cardura from FDA and social media. Among them, 306 have Stool softener. Find out below who they are, when they have Stool softener and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cardura and have Stool softener >>>
Cardura has active ingredients of doxazosin mesylate. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from 15,099 Cardura users)
Stool softener has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 80,432 Stool softener patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 14,944 people reported to have side effects when taking Cardura. Among them, 306 people (2.05%) have Stool Softener.
Time on Cardura when people have Stool softener * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stool softener||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Stool softener when taking Cardura * :
|Stool softener||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.41%||7.38%||15.98%||76.23% |
Severity of Stool softener when taking Cardura ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stool softener||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Stool softener ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (36 people, 11.76%)
- Prostate cancer (35 people, 11.44%)
- Pain (31 people, 10.13%)
- Depression (17 people, 5.56%)
- Metastases to bone (17 people, 5.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (81 people, 26.47%)
- Lipitor (65 people, 21.24%)
- Vioxx (60 people, 19.61%)
- Lasix (48 people, 15.69%)
- Zometa (48 people, 15.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stool Softener while taking Cardura?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cardura and have Stool Softener
- support group for people who take Cardura
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
- A study of side effects of Meloxicam for a 61-year old woman with Arthritis. The patient has Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Nexium, Lamictal, Keppra for a 42-year old woman with Sleep Disorder, Acid Reflux, Trigeminal Neuralgia. The patient has Constipation, Insomnia, Blurred Vision, Pressure Of Speech
- A study of side effects of Augmentin for a 56-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Tramadol, Lyrica for a 42-year old woman with Depression, Pain, Nerve Pain. The patient has Ocular Migraine, Nerve Pain, Shortness Of Breath, High Blood Pressure, Constipation, Chest Discomfort, Nausea
Recent Cardura related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Cardura, Flomax for a 73-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Cardura, Azor for a 59-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Symbicort, Hydrochlorothiazide, Doxazosin Mesylate, Omeprazole, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 73-year old man who has UTI
- Comparions of Hytrin, Uroxatral, Cardura, Flomax, Rapaflo for a 59-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Atenolol, Cardura, Norvasc, Maxide, Losartan for a 64-year old man who has HBP
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.