Could Carvedilol cause Bradycardia - from FDA reports
Bradycardia is found among people who take Carvedilol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Digoxin, and have High blood pressure . We study 23,311 people who have side effects while taking Carvedilol from FDA. Among them, 986 have Bradycardia. Find out below who they are, when they have Bradycardia and more.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Carvedilol has active ingredients of carvedilol. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Carvedilol 37,450 users)
Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, atrial fibrillation/flutter, osteoporosis (latest reports from 111,431 Bradycardia patients).
On Nov, 16, 2016
23,311 people reported to have side effects when taking Carvedilol.
Among them, 986 people (4.23%) have Bradycardia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Carvedilol when people have Bradycardia *:
- < 1 month: 29.79 %
- 1 - 6 months: 27.66 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.8 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.22 %
- 2 - 5 years: 15.6 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.09 %
- 10+ years: 2.84 %
Gender of people who have Bradycardia when taking Carvedilol *:
- female: 37.31 %
- male: 62.69 %
Age of people who have Bradycardia when taking Carvedilol *:
- 0-1: 1.38 %
- 2-9: 0.34 %
- 10-19: 0.69 %
- 20-29: 0.92 %
- 30-39: 1.61 %
- 40-49: 4.37 %
- 50-59: 15.86 %
- 60+: 74.83 %
Severity of Bradycardia **:
- least: 14.29 %
- moderate: 42.86 %
- severe: 42.86 %
- most severe: 0.0 %
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Digoxin (271 people, 27.48%)
- Aspirin (263 people, 26.67%)
- Furosemide (229 people, 23.23%)
- Lasix (172 people, 17.44%)
- Lisinopril (146 people, 14.81%)
Forecasts by ePatient.care (We will alert you to new symptoms or undetected conditions when you take Carvedilol, learn more )
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bradycardia when taking Carvedilol?
- Check symptoms - is bradycardia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Carvedilola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with BradycardiaBradycardia
Could your condition cause BradycardiaBradycardia
Can you answer these questions?
1. After taking Allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
am having a bradycardia of 60 beats/min since i started the sertraline of 50mg/day , am also having dyspnea and feeling tired all the time , this is so annoying , am asking if this is serious and if i should stop the sertraline .
My daughter took an overdose of Seroquel and Celexa almost a year ago. Later that day she had her first episode of arrhythmia. She has not taken seroquel since that day but the arrhythmia has not been corrected. She has been seeing a cardiologist who says this cannot be fixed. But the ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi there, I have recently been diagnosed with LVEF and have been prescribed Carvedilol and take ASA once a day as well. I have just read there is some interaction between the two and ASA will lower LVEF increase. Anyone have any experience with this? Tx Marco
1. After taking allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
Hello, nice to meet you. I'm trying to determine if Carvidelol could be causing my 'BIG DREAMS' late in the night a couple of hours before I wake up or get up. Thanks for any help on learning the cause of these big dreams, some happy, some nightmares. But vivid!
I have been on carvediol for almost a year. Recently ran out and could not get the prescription filled for about 10 days. Once I did get prescription and began taking carvediol again u begin to notice a tenderness on the side of my right foot ball of the big toe and some unusual pains in my ...