Carvedilol and Bradycardia - from FDA reports
Bradycardia is found among people who take Carvedilol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Digoxin, and have Cardiac failure congestive. This review analyzes which people have Bradycardia with Carvedilol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 42,470 people who have side effects when taking Carvedilol from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 22, 2017
42,470 people reported to have side effects when taking Carvedilol.
Among them, 1,417 people (3.34%) have Bradycardia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Carvedilol when people have Bradycardia *:
- < 1 month: 34.07 %
- 1 - 6 months: 26.37 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.24 %
- 1 - 2 years: 8.24 %
- 2 - 5 years: 13.74 %
- 5 - 10 years: 6.59 %
- 10+ years: 2.75 %
Gender of people who have Bradycardia when taking Carvedilol *:
- female: 40.31 %
- male: 59.69 %
Age of people who have Bradycardia when taking Carvedilol *:
- 0-1: 1.14 %
- 2-9: 0.24 %
- 10-19: 0.57 %
- 20-29: 1.95 %
- 30-39: 1.46 %
- 40-49: 4.79 %
- 50-59: 16.17 %
- 60+: 73.68 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (84 people, 5.93%)
- Cardiac Failure (68 people, 4.80%)
- Diabetes (47 people, 3.32%)
- Cardiac Disorder (44 people, 3.11%)
- Depression (36 people, 2.54%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Digoxin (278 people, 19.62%)
- Aspirin (265 people, 18.70%)
- Furosemide (232 people, 16.37%)
- Lasix (206 people, 14.54%)
- Lisinopril (147 people, 10.37%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (230 people, 16.23%)
- Dizziness (197 people, 13.90%)
- Weakness (175 people, 12.35%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (170 people, 12.00%)
- Fatigue (147 people, 10.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bradycardia when taking Carvedilol?
Carvedilol has active ingredients of carvedilol. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Carvedilol 41,779 users)
Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, atrial fibrillation/flutter, osteoporosis (latest reports from 117,264 Bradycardia patients).