Home > Carvedilol > Hair loss > Carvedilol and Hair loss
Review: could Carvedilol cause Hair loss?
We study 18,966 people who have side effects while taking Carvedilol from FDA and social media. Among them, 58 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Carvedilol and have Hair loss >>>
Carvedilol (latest outcomes from 19,632 users) has active ingredients of carvedilol. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,238 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 18,966 people reported to have side effects when taking Carvedilol. Among them, 58 people (0.31%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Carvedilol when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||40.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Carvedilol * :
|Hair loss||78.95%||21.05% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Carvedilol * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.38%||0.00%||6.38%||21.28%||65.96% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Carvedilol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||25.00%||25.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||33.33%||0.00%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (11 people, 18.97%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 8.62%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 6.90%)
- Arrhythmia (3 people, 5.17%)
- Hepatic cirrhosis (2 people, 3.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Digoxin (15 people, 25.86%)
- Furosemide (14 people, 24.14%)
- Plavix (13 people, 22.41%)
- Aspirin (13 people, 22.41%)
- Lisinopril (13 people, 22.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Carvedilol?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Carvedilol and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Carvedilol
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
since taking digoxin hair loss is severe
From this study (1 year ago):
Had open heart surgery 4 month ago.
From this study (2 years ago):
Did other patients on carvedilol with alopecia who went off Lisinopril have alopecia resolve?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Carvedilol, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Meds i take at night
I take amlodipine coreg clonidine lovastatin isosorbide every night and it brings my pressure way down
- Taste loss while taking lisinopril
I have severe loss of taste and appetite since starting lisinopril . I was unsure what the cause was until finding your site. My physician did not know what was causing it and did not even try to find out. In fact she doubled the dose I was taking .
More reviews for: Carvedilol, Hair loss
On eHealthMe, Carvedilol (carvedilol) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Carvedilol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Carvedilol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (3 minutes ago)
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (15 minutes ago)
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
- Vomiting and Vyvanse
- Vomiting and Add
- Vomiting and Escitalopram
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (17 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (28 minutes ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (7 hours ago)
- Coffea Robusta
- Selegiline Hydrochloride
- Ureaplasma Infection