Review: could Carvedilol cause Heart palpitations?
Summary: Heart palpitations is found among people who take Carvedilol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Digoxin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 18,995 people who have side effects while taking Carvedilol from FDA and social media. Among them, 261 have Heart palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart palpitations and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Carvedilol and have Heart palpitations >>>
Carvedilol has active ingredients of carvedilol. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 19,663 Carvedilol users)
Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,154 Heart palpitations patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 18,995 people reported to have side effects when taking Carvedilol. Among them, 261 people (1.37%) have Heart Palpitations.
Time on Carvedilol when people have Heart palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart palpitations||31.91%||44.68%||4.26%||6.38%||4.26%||6.38%||2.13% |
Gender of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Carvedilol * :
|Heart palpitations||58.91%||41.09% |
Age of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Carvedilol * :
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||0.42%||0.00%||6.30%||3.36%||10.08%||23.95%||55.88% |
Severity of Heart palpitations when taking Carvedilol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||85.71%||14.29%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heart palpitations ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (30 people, 11.49%)
- Atrial fibrillation (25 people, 9.58%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (18 people, 6.90%)
- Insomnia (12 people, 4.60%)
- Cardiac failure (10 people, 3.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Digoxin (110 people, 42.15%)
- Aspirin (96 people, 36.78%)
- Coreg (78 people, 29.89%)
- Lasix (76 people, 29.12%)
- Lisinopril (66 people, 25.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Carvedilol and heart palpitations on
Do you have Heart Palpitations while taking Carvedilol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Carvedilol and have Heart Palpitations
- support group for people who take Carvedilol
- support group for people who have Heart Palpitations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Pomegranate Extract for a 44-year old woman with Just Need Extra Good Nutrition From It.. The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of side effects of Cipro Hc for a 58-year old woman with Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of side effects of Unisom for a 60-year old man with Initial Insomnia. The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine Hydrochloride And Codeine Phosphate, Pravachol, Protonix, Cozaar, Celexa, Coreg, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 71-year old woman with Cough, Hypercholesterolemia, Gerd, Cardiac Disorder, Depression, Dyspnea. The patient has Pancytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Norco, Coreg for a 57-year old woman with To Add To Coreg For Heart Condition, Pain - Shoulder, Dilated Cardiomyopathy. The patient has Pain In Left Side Of Neck And Back Of Left Side Of Head. Pain In Left Inter Ear.
Recent Carvedilol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.