Review: could Carvedilol cause Sudden hearing loss?
Summary: Sudden hearing loss is reported only by a few people who take Carvedilol.
We study 18,997 people who have side effects while taking Carvedilol from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Sudden hearing loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Sudden hearing loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Carvedilol and have Sudden hearing loss >>>
Carvedilol has active ingredients of carvedilol. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 19,666 Carvedilol users)
Sudden hearing loss
Sudden hearing loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 1,041 Sudden hearing loss patients)
On Apr, 8, 2015: 18,997 people reported to have side effects when taking Carvedilol. Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Sudden Hearing Loss.
Time on Carvedilol when people have Sudden hearing loss * :
Gender of people who have Sudden hearing loss when taking Carvedilol * :
|Sudden hearing loss||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Sudden hearing loss when taking Carvedilol * :
|Sudden hearing loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Sudden hearing loss when taking Carvedilol ** :
How people recovered from Sudden hearing loss ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (2 people, 100.00%)
- Coronary artery disease (2 people, 100.00%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 100.00%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (2 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amitriptyline hcl (2 people, 100.00%)
- Aspirin (2 people, 100.00%)
- Ramipril (2 people, 100.00%)
- Metformin hcl (2 people, 100.00%)
- Amaryl (2 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of carvedilol and sudden hearing loss on
Do you have Sudden Hearing Loss while taking Carvedilol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Carvedilol and have Sudden Hearing Loss
- support group for people who take Carvedilol
- support group for people who have Sudden Hearing Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Glipizide, Vitamin D, Simvastatin, Carvedilol, Amlodipine Besylate, Tramadol, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Januvia for a 63-year old woman with Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Chronic Kidney Disease, High Blood Cholesterol, Pain - Bones, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Thigh Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Crestor, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 75-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Impotence
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Carvedilol for a 64-year old man with Blood Pressure Decreased. The patient has Abnormal Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin Calcium, Lisinopril, Carvedilol for a 63-year old man with Stop Smoking, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
Recent Carvedilol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atenolol, Carvedilol for a 49-year old man who has Heart Failure
- Comparions of Carvedilol, Bystolic for a 77-year old woman who has Hypertension - Essential
- Comparions of Carvedilol, Bystolic for a 62-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Allopurinol, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Pueraria Mirifica for a 60-year old man who has Brest Enlargement
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.