Review: could Carvedilol cause Tachycardia - ventricular (Ventricular tachycardia)?
Summary: Tachycardia - ventricular is found among people who take Carvedilol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Cardiac failure.
We study 18,995 people who have side effects while taking Carvedilol from FDA and social media. Among them, 289 have Tachycardia - ventricular. Find out below who they are, when they have Tachycardia - ventricular and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Carvedilol and have Tachycardia - ventricular >>>
Carvedilol has active ingredients of carvedilol. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 19,660 Carvedilol users)
Tachycardia - ventricular
Tachycardia - ventricular (fast heart rhythm, which originates in one of the ventricles of the heart) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, diabetes, pain, arthritis. (latest reports from 13,158 Tachycardia - ventricular patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 18,995 people reported to have side effects when taking Carvedilol. Among them, 289 people (1.52%) have Tachycardia - Ventricular.
Time on Carvedilol when people have Tachycardia - ventricular * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Tachycardia - ventricular||20.00%||20.00%||40.00%||13.33%||0.00%||6.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Tachycardia - ventricular when taking Carvedilol * :
|Tachycardia - ventricular||29.68%||70.32% |
Age of people who have Tachycardia - ventricular when taking Carvedilol * :
|Tachycardia - ventricular||0.35%||1.04%||1.04%||1.39%||2.43%||5.21%||17.01%||71.53% |
Severity of Tachycardia - ventricular when taking Carvedilol ** :
How people recovered from Tachycardia - ventricular ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cardiac failure (34 people, 11.76%)
- Atrial fibrillation (30 people, 10.38%)
- Hypertension (30 people, 10.38%)
- Diabetes mellitus (18 people, 6.23%)
- Cardiac failure chronic (17 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (120 people, 41.52%)
- Aspirin (105 people, 36.33%)
- Digoxin (94 people, 32.53%)
- Furosemide (82 people, 28.37%)
- Amiodarone hcl (68 people, 23.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tachycardia - Ventricular while taking Carvedilol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Carvedilol and have Tachycardia - Ventricular
- support group for people who take Carvedilol
- support group for people who have Tachycardia - ventricular
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Metformin, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 69-year old woman with Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes, Depression. The patient has Swollen Lips
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, B-12, Flaxseed Oil, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lyrica, Metformin, Gemfibrozil, Lisinopril, Carvedilol for a 68-year old man with Nerve Damage - Diabetic, Oil, Hypertension, Diabetes Insipidus. The patient has Dizziness, Difficulty In Walking
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Spironolactone, Coreg for a 71-year old woman with Cardiac Failure Congestive, Cardiac Failure. The patient has Vertigo Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Carvedilol for a 63-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hot Flash (sudden feelings of heat)
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Oxide, Probiotic, Vitamin D, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Digoxin, Spironolactone, Furosemide, Warfarin Sodium, Carvedilol, Lisinopril, Metformin, Victoza, Lyrica for a 68-year old woman with Support Overall Health, Improve Digestive System, Lack Of Same In System, Depression, Congestive Heart Failure - Right-sided, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Atrial Fibrillation, Cardiac Disorder, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Diabetic Neuropathy. The patient has Unsteady, Delayed Gastric Emptying, Muscle Twitching
Recent Carvedilol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.