Home > Ceftriaxone > Anaphylaxis > Ceftriaxone and Anaphylaxis
Review: could Ceftriaxone cause Anaphylaxis?
We study 6,807 people who have side effects while taking Ceftriaxone from FDA and social media. Among them, 192 have Anaphylaxis. Find out below who they are, when they have Anaphylaxis and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Ceftriaxone and have Anaphylaxis >>>
Ceftriaxone (latest outcomes from 6,842 users) has active ingredients of ceftriaxone sodium. It is often used in pneumonia.
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) (latest reports from 109,224 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, asthma, high blood pressure, premedication, pain.
On Aug, 31, 2014: 6,807 people reported to have side effects when taking Ceftriaxone. Among them, 192 people (2.82%) have Anaphylaxis. They amount to 0.18% of all the 108,061 people who have Anaphylaxis on eHealthMe.
Time on Ceftriaxone when people have Anaphylaxis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Ceftriaxone * :
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Ceftriaxone * :
Severity of Anaphylaxis when taking Ceftriaxone ** :
How people recovered from Anaphylaxis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pneumonia (10 people, 5.21%)
- Cough (7 people, 3.65%)
- Back pain (7 people, 3.65%)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (7 people, 3.65%)
- Oropharyngeal pain (7 people, 3.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ceftriaxone sodium (50 people, 26.04%)
- Sodium chloride (12 people, 6.25%)
- Propofol (9 people, 4.69%)
- Aspirin (7 people, 3.65%)
- Sodium salicylate ect (7 people, 3.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anaphylaxis while taking Ceftriaxone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Ceftriaxone and have Anaphylaxis
- group for people who take Ceftriaxone
- group for people who have Anaphylaxis
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
05/26/14: Having reached a plateau in discernible improvements after taking ceftriaxone IVs (2gm BID 3 days/week via port for 33 out of 38 weeks), I halted treatment two weeks ago. Still have a high degree of annoying tinnitus in both ears and a marked reduction in hearing.
From this study (4 months ago):
i have had tinnitus since late 2013 and am trying to discover it source and find a
cure or treatment. i am at a breaking point and beleive that rocephin was the culprit. what can i do
From this study (5 months ago):
Gallbladder pain pain in stomach when swallowing
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Seizure after an epipen injection
I am allergic to EVERYTHING, so I usually pre-game with benadryl and wait out the uncomfortable side effects, but this time my tongue started swelling up and I was having trouble breathing so I went to an ER. About 5-7 minutes after they injected me in the thigh with an epipen, I was in mid sentence ...
- Can thyroid problems bring on anaphylaxis often?
70 yr old previously stong female: Suspicious of thyroid problems...family history. Fatigue, skin, hair changes, slightly swollen, tender tongue at all times. In the last 6 months I've developed food related anaphalaxis. Getting serious, 3 E.R. runs in last 3 months....packing 2 epipens at all tim ...
- Extremely swollen, red kidneys barely working, liver damage and heart damage she is taking oxgen to keep level at 98, otherwise it goes down to 89. we have been in hospital for 27 hours,
What are her chances of pulling out of this condition?
More questions for: Ceftriaxone, Anaphylaxis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Happened to me- allergic reaction to rogaine
Within the first week of usage, I began to have leg cramps, facial swelling, tightness of breath, chest pain, anxiety, and chronic headaches. Even with allergy medicines and aspirin, nothing seemed to help. At first, I felt it was though it was just simple allergies until I woke up one morning with ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to c ...
More reviews for: Ceftriaxone, Anaphylaxis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (10 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (10 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (19 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
- Ubiquinol and High Blood Pressure
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy and Norvasc
- Celexa and Enuresis
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (22 minutes ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (35 minutes ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Tooth Loss
- High Blood Glucose Level