Could Ceftriaxone cause Blister - from FDA reports
Blister is found among people who take Ceftriaxone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Diclofenac Sodium, and have Fever . We study 11,616 people who have side effects while taking Ceftriaxone from FDA. Among them, 99 have Blister. Find out below who they are, when they have Blister and more.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Ceftriaxone has active ingredients of ceftriaxone sodium. It is often used in typhoid fever. (latest outcomes from Ceftriaxone 11,701 users)
Blister (small pocket of fluid within the upper layers of the skin caused by forceful rubbing (friction), burning, freezing, chemical exposure) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, hepatitis c (latest reports from 26,318 Blister patients).
On Dec, 06, 2016
11,616 people reported to have side effects when taking Ceftriaxone.
Among them, 99 people (0.85%) have Blister
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ceftriaxone when people have Blister *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Blister when taking Ceftriaxone *:
- female: 51.02 %
- male: 48.98 %
Age of people who have Blister when taking Ceftriaxone *:
- 0-1: 1.18 %
- 2-9: 8.24 %
- 10-19: 1.18 %
- 20-29: 3.53 %
- 30-39: 10.59 %
- 40-49: 31.76 %
- 50-59: 7.06 %
- 60+: 36.47 %
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Diclofenac Sodium (15 people, 15.15%)
- Dilantin (10 people, 10.10%)
- Furosemide (9 people, 9.09%)
- Pepcid (8 people, 8.08%)
- Neurontin (7 people, 7.07%)
Forecasts by ePatient.care (We will alert you to new symptoms or undetected conditions when you take Ceftriaxone, learn more )
Potential co-existing conditions
- Fever (14 people, 14.14%)
- Pneumonia (6 people, 6.06%)
- Convulsion (6 people, 6.06%)
- Infection (5 people, 5.05%)
Potential co-existing symptoms
- Rashes (43 people, 43.43%)
- Itching (26 people, 26.26%)
- Skin Exfoliation (22 people, 22.22%)
- Fever (21 people, 21.21%)
- Erythema Multiforme (21 people, 21.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blister when taking Ceftriaxone?
- Check symptoms - is blister caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...