Could Ceftriaxone cause Diverticulitis - from FDA reports
Diverticulitis is found among people who take Ceftriaxone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Fluconazole, and have Metastases to central nervous system . We study 11,616 people who have side effects while taking Ceftriaxone from FDA. Among them, 12 have Diverticulitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Diverticulitis and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Ceftriaxone has active ingredients of ceftriaxone sodium. It is often used in typhoid fever. (latest outcomes from Ceftriaxone 11,701 users)
Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 14,665 Diverticulitis patients).
On Dec, 08, 2016
11,616 people reported to have side effects when taking Ceftriaxone.
Among them, 12 people (0.1%) have Diverticulitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ceftriaxone when people have Diverticulitis *:
- < 1 month: 80 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Ceftriaxone *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Ceftriaxone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 8.33 %
- 50-59: 8.33 %
- 60+: 83.33 %
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fluconazole (5 people, 41.67%)
- Bactrim Ds (4 people, 33.33%)
- Metronidazole (3 people, 25.00%)
- Pantoprazole Sodium (2 people, 16.67%)
- Amlodipine (2 people, 16.67%)
Forecasts by ePatient.care (We will alert you to new symptoms or undetected conditions when you take Ceftriaxone, learn more )
Potential co-existing conditions
- Metastases To Central Nervous System (3 people, 25.00%)
- Pneumonia (1 person, 8.33%)
- Meningitis Fungal (1 person, 8.33%)
- Kidney Transplant (1 person, 8.33%)
- Ill-Defined Disorder (1 person, 8.33%)
Potential co-existing symptoms
- Abdominal Pain (4 people, 33.33%)
- Thrombocytopenia (3 people, 25.00%)
- Pneumoperitoneum (3 people, 25.00%)
- Lymphocele (3 people, 25.00%)
- Constipation (3 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diverticulitis when taking Ceftriaxone?
- Check symptoms - is diverticulitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Ceftriaxonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DiverticulitisDiverticulitis
Could your condition cause DiverticulitisDiverticulitis
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
Get off of Benicar! It almost killed my huband. Diverticulitis, pulmonary imbolism,joint pain, swelling, hair loss,malnutritioned from constant diarrhea. Lost 80 pounds in 4 months. Hospitalized for 6 weeks...he was a walking skeleton. He got down to 124 pounds before getting off Benicar.
Hello, I am a 60 year old white female who has been having pain on my lower left side today. It started after I ate lunch and had a chicken breast on rye bread that had caraway seeds. I feel a vibrating feeling, too. I have had this sensation maybe three times before this over the years. ...