Ceftriaxone and Diverticulitis - from FDA reports
Diverticulitis is found among people who take Ceftriaxone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Fluconazole, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Diverticulitis with Ceftriaxone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12,898 people who have side effects when taking Ceftriaxone from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
12,898 people reported to have side effects when taking Ceftriaxone.
Among them, 20 people (0.16%) have Diverticulitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ceftriaxone when people have Diverticulitis *:
- < 1 month: 88.89 %
- 1 - 6 months: 11.11 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Ceftriaxone *:
- female: 40 %
- male: 60 %
Age of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Ceftriaxone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 5 %
- 50-59: 10 %
- 60+: 85 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Central Nervous System (3 people, 15.00%)
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 15.00%)
- Primary Myelofibrosis (2 people, 10.00%)
- Constipation (2 people, 10.00%)
- Cholecystitis (2 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Omeprazole (5 people, 25.00%)
- Fluconazole (5 people, 25.00%)
- Bactrim Ds (4 people, 20.00%)
- Prednisone (3 people, 15.00%)
- Casodex (3 people, 15.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pneumonia (6 people, 30.00%)
- Thrombocytopenia (5 people, 25.00%)
- Fever (5 people, 25.00%)
- Heart Attack (4 people, 20.00%)
- Abdominal Pain (4 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diverticulitis when taking Ceftriaxone?
Ceftriaxone has active ingredients of ceftriaxone sodium. It is often used in typhoid fever. (latest outcomes from Ceftriaxone 12,560 users)
Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 15,726 Diverticulitis patients).