Review: could Ceftriaxone cause Vomiting (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Vomiting is found among people who take Ceftriaxone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Acetaminophen, and have Pneumonia.
We study 6,808 people who have side effects while taking Ceftriaxone from FDA and social media. Among them, 236 have Vomiting. Find out below who they are, when they have Vomiting and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ceftriaxone and have Vomiting >>>
Ceftriaxone has active ingredients of ceftriaxone sodium. It is often used in pneumonia. (latest outcomes from 6,843 Ceftriaxone users)
Vomiting has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 180,255 Vomiting patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 6,807 people reported to have side effects when taking Ceftriaxone. Among them, 294 people (4.32%) have Vomiting.
Time on Ceftriaxone when people have Vomiting * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Vomiting when taking Ceftriaxone * :
Age of people who have Vomiting when taking Ceftriaxone * :
Severity of Vomiting when taking Ceftriaxone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Vomiting ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pneumonia (12 people, 4.08%)
- Viraemia (12 people, 4.08%)
- Hiv infection (11 people, 3.74%)
- Vomiting (10 people, 3.40%)
- Pain (10 people, 3.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Acetaminophen (46 people, 15.65%)
- Vancomycin (39 people, 13.27%)
- Ceftriaxone sodium (34 people, 11.56%)
- Azithromycin (31 people, 10.54%)
- Ibuprofen (31 people, 10.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vomiting while taking Ceftriaxone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Ceftriaxone and have Vomiting
- support group for people who take Ceftriaxone
- support group for people who have Vomiting
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Indomethacin for a 62-year old woman with Indomethacin Overdose. The patient has Headache (pain in head), Nausea And Vomiting, Unable To Get Pregnant, Difficulty In Walking, Gums - Swollen
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Albuterol, Dronabinol, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Phenergan for a 45-year old woman with Pain - Abdomen, Gerd, Increased Appetite, Nausea, Pain, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Proair Hfa, Ginger Root, Simvastatin, Probiotic, Flomax, Humulin R, Atenolol, Rocephin, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 57-year old man with Hypertension, Chronic Bronchitis, Health, High Blood Cholesterol, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cancer - Prostate, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Respiratory Tract Congestion, Infection - Ear. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
Recent Ceftriaxone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.