Home > Celebrex > Anaphylaxis > Celebrex and Anaphylaxis
Review: could Celebrex cause Anaphylaxis?
We study 72,865 people who have side effects while taking Celebrex from FDA and social media. Among them, 391 have Anaphylaxis. Find out below who they are, when they have Anaphylaxis and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Celebrex and have Anaphylaxis >>>
Celebrex (latest outcomes from 74,494 users) has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis.
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) (latest reports from 109,224 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, asthma, high blood pressure, premedication, pain.
On Sep, 22, 2014: 72,853 people reported to have side effects when taking Celebrex. Among them, 391 people (0.54%) have Anaphylaxis.
Time on Celebrex when people have Anaphylaxis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Celebrex * :
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Celebrex * :
Severity of Anaphylaxis when taking Celebrex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anaphylaxis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Arthritis (44 people, 11.25%)
- Back pain (25 people, 6.39%)
- Osteoarthritis (24 people, 6.14%)
- Pain (20 people, 5.12%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (18 people, 4.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (31 people, 7.93%)
- Synthroid (25 people, 6.39%)
- Lipitor (24 people, 6.14%)
- Nexium (20 people, 5.12%)
- Albuterol (19 people, 4.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anaphylaxis while taking Celebrex?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Celebrex and have Anaphylaxis
- group for people who take Celebrex
- group for people who have Anaphylaxis
Comments from related studies:
From this study (12 months ago):
I had reaction to celebrex when I took higher dose. My throat Swelled coughing. My ears had pressure. The left ear popped and ever since that mOment I have tinnitus and hearing loss w mixed noise. I have intolerance to noise light stress and isolate myself. Noise is painful and one if triggers to migraInes. I have concussion symptoms. With headaches I lose words confusion am very clumsy Can celebrex cause brain damage?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Celebrex, Anaphylaxis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Celebrex is absolutely terrible
I got a three-day trial pack from my doctor on July 12. On July 13, I got my period, which lasted eight days and was extremely heavy and painful (and I usually have to switch out super-plus tampons and an overnight pad every 6-7 hours, so heavier than that is impressive). No pain relief for my hips/ ...
- Who cares about the patient?
I can't believe I'm still alive but quality of life is greatly diminished and no one cares. Not one doctor cares about how this one dr. prescribed all these drugs over a period of 5 years and I lost everything. I flat-lined sept 18, 2005 and was told by dr there in er that I would live 1-5 years an ...
- Celebrex and taste loss
Following foot surgery, I have taken Celebrex for most of the last 4 months. I can no longer taste or smell. I just started a Z pack for a sinus problem and am hoping that will clear any infection that could be contributing to this loss. I have also stopped taking Celebrex in the meantime.
More reviews for: Celebrex, Anaphylaxis
On eHealthMe, Celebrex (celecoxib) is often used for arthritis. Find out below the conditions Celebrex is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Celebrex used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (52 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (52 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Tikosyn side effects
- Tecfidera and Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- Aggression and Lithium Carbonate
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Canela Molida
- Trazodone Hydrochloride
- Prostate Cancer