Home > Celebrex > Anaphylaxis > Celebrex and Anaphylaxis
Review: could Celebrex cause Anaphylaxis?
Summary: Anaphylaxis is found among people who take Celebrex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Arthritis.
We study 72,871 people who have side effects while taking Celebrex from FDA and social media. Among them, 391 have Anaphylaxis. Find out below who they are, when they have Anaphylaxis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Celebrex and have Anaphylaxis >>>
Celebrex (latest outcomes from 74,515 users) has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis.
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) (latest reports from 28,888 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, asthma, high blood pressure, premedication, pain.
On Nov, 27, 2014: 72,871 people reported to have side effects when taking Celebrex. Among them, 391 people (0.54%) have Anaphylaxis.
Time on Celebrex when people have Anaphylaxis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Celebrex * :
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Celebrex * :
Severity of Anaphylaxis when taking Celebrex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anaphylaxis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Arthritis (44 people, 11.25%)
- Back pain (25 people, 6.39%)
- Osteoarthritis (24 people, 6.14%)
- Pain (20 people, 5.12%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (18 people, 4.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (31 people, 7.93%)
- Synthroid (25 people, 6.39%)
- Lipitor (24 people, 6.14%)
- Nexium (20 people, 5.12%)
- Albuterol (19 people, 4.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anaphylaxis while taking Celebrex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Celebrex and have Anaphylaxis
- support group for people who take Celebrex
- support group for people who have Anaphylaxis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How long after starting celebrex did seizure occur? how many ? what type of seizure? grand vs petit? how evaluated
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Unresponsive To Stimuli, Tonic Muscular Activity, and takes Celebrex)
Taken 200mg for two days bid = four pills = total 800mg
- Seizure after an epipen injection
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Epipen)
I am allergic to EVERYTHING, so I usually pre-game with benadryl and wait out the uncomfortable side effects, but this time my tongue started swelling up and I was having trouble breathing so I went to an ER. About 5-7 minutes after they injected me in the thigh with an epipen, I was in mid sentence ...
- What drugs can i take for pain that won't affect my narrow angled glaucoma
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has An Increase In Eye Pressure, and takes Celebrex)
My doctor wanted me to investigate three drugs he would suggest for my severe back pain
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Hypercholesterolemia, GERD, Larangospasm With Asthmatic Component, and takes Klonopin, Xanax, Celebrex, Zyrtec, Lipitor, Fluticasone Propionate, Budesonide , Xopenex, Prevacid, Lexapro)
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
- Can celebrex cause folic acid deficiency
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Fatigue, Arrhythmias, Joint Pain, and takes Celebrex)
I have recurrent drop in folic acid levels with associated drop in pulse rate,eg,39-40 beats per minute
More questions for: Celebrex, Anaphylaxis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Not a great experience
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Hashimotos Thyroidism, Prehypertension, and takes Armour Thyroid, Celebrex, Norvasc)
I was on norvasc for two months and had to go off because of severe swelling of feet and legs. Also rapid heart beat and very profuse sweating. it was horrible. It also raised my blood pressure. after going off BP dropped by @least 10 points both diastolic and systolic.
- Celebrex is absolutely terrible
(Posted by a 21 year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Bilateral Trochanteric Bursitis, Scoliosis, Arthritis, and takes Celebrex)
I got a three-day trial pack from my doctor on July 12. On July 13, I got my period, which lasted eight days and was extremely heavy and painful (and I usually have to switch out super-plus tampons and an overnight pad every 6-7 hours, so heavier than that is impressive). No pain relief for my hips/ ...
- Who cares about the patient?
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Tonsilitis, Bhronchitis, Namonia, Phlebitis, Dvt, Factor 2 Clotting Disorder , and takes Celebrex, Nexium, Wellbutrin Sr, Oxycontin, Premarin, Alprazolam)
I can't believe I'm still alive but quality of life is greatly diminished and no one cares. Not one doctor cares about how this one dr. prescribed all these drugs over a period of 5 years and I lost everything. I flat-lined sept 18, 2005 and was told by dr there in er that I would live 1-5 years an ...
- Celebrex and taste loss
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Loss Of Taste, and takes Celebrex)
Following foot surgery, I have taken Celebrex for most of the last 4 months. I can no longer taste or smell. I just started a Z pack for a sinus problem and am hoping that will clear any infection that could be contributing to this loss. I have also stopped taking Celebrex in the meantime.
- Happened to me- allergic reaction to rogaine
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Rogaine)
Within the first week of usage, I began to have leg cramps, facial swelling, tightness of breath, chest pain, anxiety, and chronic headaches. Even with allergy medicines and aspirin, nothing seemed to help. At first, I felt it was though it was just simple allergies until I woke up one morning with ...
More reviews for: Celebrex, Anaphylaxis
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anaphylactic Shock (severe and rapid and sometimes fatal hypersensitivity reaction to a substance)
Comments: Was on Cymbalta 30mg for around 3 weeks and was increased to 60mg. Three days after beginning 60mg dosage, I went into Anaphylactic Shock. First my eyes were sensitive to light and I had brain fog. The following day, I thought I was beginning to feel better and in the middle of a store, the right si ...
- A study of drug interactions between Doxazosin Mesylate, Celebrex, Fluoxetine, Soma, Lyrica, Morphine, Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Thick Ejaculate/ Thick Semen, Chronic Pain, Ptsd, Nerve Pain. The patient has Thick Ejaculate/ Thick Semen
Comments: Thick uncomfortable ejaculations. Sometimes "chunks" of semen exit my penis durning bowel movements. Ejaculations look like gobs of tiny little round, very thick balls of semen making up large chunks of ejaculate...
- A study of drug interactions between Celebrex, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with Hypertension, Asthma. The patient has Air Swallowing
Comments: I have just finished several rounds of antibiotics for a bronchial infection. Still have coughing spells but only one or two a day. But now I have trouble swallowing solid food when it gets down to my esophagus. I can swallow it but it hurts a bit.
- A study of drug interactions between Celebrex, Cortisone Acetate for a patient with Osteoarthritis, Sinusitis. The patient has Cough
Comments: Cortisone shot and cough syrup with hydrocodone two weeks before cardiac arrest while exercising. No known hesrt problems and recently passed nuclesr stress test and low calcium score in h heart. Blood pressure 115 over 75
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Cymbalta, Omeprazole, Celebrex, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Vitamin D Decreased, Arnold-chiari Malformation, Acid Reflux, Arthritis, Restlessness, Insulin Resistance, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Tingling Sensation Onleft Side Of Skull In Back, Around To Ear And Along Jaw Line, Always On Left Side
Comments: this sensation started as if someone was running a feather across my ear lobe, spread to back of skull and across jaw to exact center. It now itches intensely after a tingling episode. NO pain. Can be exacerbated by position of head as in lowered to read or sew, or when lying down. Thought I could l ...
More related studies for: Celebrex, Anaphylaxis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.