Review: could Celebrex cause Bone and joint pain (Joint pain)?
Summary: Bone and joint pain is found among people who take Celebrex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Arthritis.
We study 72,880 people who have side effects while taking Celebrex from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,147 have Bone and joint pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Bone and joint pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Celebrex and have Bone and joint pain >>>
Celebrex has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Celebrex 74,521 users)
Bone and joint pain
Bone and joint pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Bone and joint pain 117,673 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 72,871 people reported to have side effects when taking Celebrex. Among them, 3,147 people (4.32%) have Bone And Joint Pain.
Time on Celebrex when people have Bone and joint pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bone and joint pain||31.00%||19.56%||7.01%||19.19%||15.87%||5.17%||2.21% |
Gender of people who have Bone and joint pain when taking Celebrex * :
|Bone and joint pain||69.65%||30.35% |
Age of people who have Bone and joint pain when taking Celebrex * :
|Bone and joint pain||0.04%||0.04%||0.78%||0.90%||5.93%||16.11%||29.41%||46.80% |
Severity of Bone and joint pain when taking Celebrex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||66.67%||25.00%||8.33% |
How people recovered from Bone and joint pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Arthritis (353 people, 11.22%)
- Pain (337 people, 10.71%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (299 people, 9.50%)
- Osteoporosis (252 people, 8.01%)
- Arthralgia (226 people, 7.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (574 people, 18.24%)
- Aspirin (490 people, 15.57%)
- Neurontin (481 people, 15.28%)
- Lipitor (442 people, 14.05%)
- Ambien (412 people, 13.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bone And Joint Pain while taking Celebrex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Celebrex and have Bone And Joint Pain
- support group for people who take Celebrex
- support group for people who have Bone And Joint Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- After a month of celebrex i lost the taste and no help for oa
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism ,hypertension, Osteoarthritis, and takes Celebrex, Synthroid, Valsartan And Hydrochlorothiazide)
Need to know more about Celebrex and not controlled hypertension
- What is the possible explanation for arthralgia upon xolair medication for asthma? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 20 year old woman who has Arthralgia, and takes Xolair)
Female, 20 years old with severe asthma is being medicated with Xolair (Omalizumab) over the last six months. Although the patient is getting better she is suffering of severe arthralgia mainly in arms and legs. What is the possible explanation for arthralgia upon Xolair medication for asthma?
- How long after starting celebrex did seizure occur? how many ? what type of seizure? grand vs petit? how evaluated
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Unresponsive To Stimuli, Tonic Muscular Activity, and takes Celebrex)
Taken 200mg for two days bid = four pills = total 800mg
- Does neurontin cause arthritis. after taking it for 3 months, i started ints.
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Joint Pain, and takes Neurontin)
After having sciatic pain for almost a year, a doctor prescribed Neurontin. I took it for 3 months until I started getting severe joint pain. I weened myself off of it a month ago and am still having severe joint pain. There has not been any other changes in my life except Neurontin. Does this go ...
- What drugs can i take for pain that won't affect my narrow angled glaucoma
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has An Increase In Eye Pressure, and takes Celebrex)
My doctor wanted me to investigate three drugs he would suggest for my severe back pain
More questions for: Celebrex, Bone and joint pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Cymbalta caused joint pain
(Posted by a 50 year old man who has Pain - Joints, and takes Cymbalta)
I had taken Cymbalta for about 1.5 years and after taking it for a few months, I started having widespread joint pain. The joint pain has gotten worse and is becoming debilitating. Joint pain in the literature as a side affect of the drug but the joint pain seems to be permanent! I have not taken Cy ...
- Not a great experience
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Hashimotos Thyroidism, Prehypertension, and takes Armour Thyroid, Celebrex, Norvasc)
I was on norvasc for two months and had to go off because of severe swelling of feet and legs. Also rapid heart beat and very profuse sweating. it was horrible. It also raised my blood pressure. after going off BP dropped by @least 10 points both diastolic and systolic.
- Xylitol caused joint pain
(Posted by a 1 year old girl who has Joint Pain, and takes Xylitol )
For over a year I was chewing nicotine gum with xylitol. During that period I developed worsening joint pain to the stage where I was diagnosed with fybromyalgia (there was no other explanation for the pain). The chemist changed the brand of 2mg gum and I instantly felt better chewing it. After a ...
- Still ill after several years (1 response)
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Sweating, Headache, Vertigo, Restlessness, Throat - Sore, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic, Tinnitus, Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Beconase Aq)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
More reviews for: Celebrex, Bone and joint pain
- A study of drug interactions between Methotrexate, Celebrex, Benadryl, Xanax, Enbrel for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis, Insomnia, Anxiety. The patient has Insomnia
Comments: I have had insomnia off and on all my life until I turned 40 and the I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis and I was tired all the time and I was sleeping a lot for me and it was good to be able to sleep. The doctor put me on Methotrexate and Enbrel and I could still sleep not as much as before ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a patient with Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Urinary Retention, Degenerative Joint Disease, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Joint Instability, Dry Eyes
Comments: Was on sulfasalazine but made me unwell...changed to methotrexate but stopped because of blood results. Have raised blood sugar from steroids.
Frequent urinary tract infections and self catheterisation. Retinal haemorrhage ( blots and dots) just discovered by optician with severe dry eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of side effects of Norco for a patient with Brain Surgery. The patient has Joint Pain
Comments: I had surgery 5 weeks ago. Was on Norco before surgery and then after surgery. After surgery I developed terrible joint pain in fingers, knees, and terrible pain in bottom of feet. Difficult to walk
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Plaquenil for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Palindromic Rheumatism. The patient has Fatigue, Fluid In Left Arm And Right Knee, Joint Pain
Comments: have had a swollen arm now for 10 months. Measures 7 cm more than right arm. Now swelling is also in forearm. Have had lymp test for blockages. No blockages found. Now starting to get same symptoms in right knee. have been diagnosed with palandromic rheumatoid for 2 years now. Positive RF 82 IU/ml. ...
More related studies for: Celebrex, Bone and joint pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.