Home > Celebrex > Cancer - prostate > Celebrex and Cancer - prostate
Review: could Celebrex cause Cancer - prostate (Prostate cancer)?
Summary: Cancer - prostate is found among people who take Celebrex, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lipitor, and have Arthritis.
We study 72,871 people who have side effects while taking Celebrex from FDA and social media. Among them, 154 have Cancer - prostate. Find out below who they are, when they have Cancer - prostate and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Celebrex and have Cancer - prostate >>>
Celebrex (latest outcomes from 74,515 users) has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis.
Cancer - prostate
Cancer - prostate (latest reports from 54,106 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, erection problems.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 72,865 people reported to have side effects when taking Celebrex. Among them, 136 people (0.19%) have Cancer - Prostate.
Time on Celebrex when people have Cancer - prostate * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cancer - prostate||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Cancer - prostate when taking Celebrex * :
|Cancer - prostate||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Cancer - prostate when taking Celebrex * :
|Cancer - prostate||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.76%||15.24%||80.00% |
Severity of Cancer - prostate when taking Celebrex ** :
How people recovered from Cancer - prostate ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Arthritis (17 people, 12.50%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (14 people, 10.29%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (13 people, 9.56%)
- Hypertension (13 people, 9.56%)
- Erectile dysfunction (12 people, 8.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (41 people, 30.15%)
- Zometa (33 people, 24.26%)
- Aspirin (32 people, 23.53%)
- Levaquin (31 people, 22.79%)
- Vioxx (30 people, 22.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cancer - Prostate while taking Celebrex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Celebrex and have Cancer - Prostate
- support group for people who take Celebrex
- support group for people who have Cancer - Prostate
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How long after starting celebrex did seizure occur? how many ? what type of seizure? grand vs petit? how evaluated
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Unresponsive To Stimuli, Tonic Muscular Activity, and takes Celebrex)
Taken 200mg for two days bid = four pills = total 800mg
- What drugs can i take for pain that won't affect my narrow angled glaucoma
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has An Increase In Eye Pressure, and takes Celebrex)
My doctor wanted me to investigate three drugs he would suggest for my severe back pain
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Hypercholesterolemia, GERD, Larangospasm With Asthmatic Component, and takes Klonopin, Xanax, Celebrex, Zyrtec, Lipitor, Fluticasone Propionate, Budesonide , Xopenex, Prevacid, Lexapro)
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
- Can celebrex cause folic acid deficiency
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Fatigue, Arrhythmias, Joint Pain, and takes Celebrex)
I have recurrent drop in folic acid levels with associated drop in pulse rate,eg,39-40 beats per minute
- Can celebrex cause menieres disease?
(Asked by a 74 year old woman who has Tinitus,pressure In Ear, Nausea, Vertigo, and takes Celebrex)
Been on Celebrex for years for arthritis...helps a lot...today was told by Dr. that Celebrex can cause Meniere's disease which I was diagnosed with 3 months ago.Do you think celebrex is causing the Menieres?
More questions for: Celebrex, Cancer - prostate
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Not a great experience
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Hashimotos Thyroidism, Prehypertension, and takes Armour Thyroid, Celebrex, Norvasc)
I was on norvasc for two months and had to go off because of severe swelling of feet and legs. Also rapid heart beat and very profuse sweating. it was horrible. It also raised my blood pressure. after going off BP dropped by @least 10 points both diastolic and systolic.
- Celebrex is absolutely terrible
(Posted by a 21 year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Bilateral Trochanteric Bursitis, Scoliosis, Arthritis, and takes Celebrex)
I got a three-day trial pack from my doctor on July 12. On July 13, I got my period, which lasted eight days and was extremely heavy and painful (and I usually have to switch out super-plus tampons and an overnight pad every 6-7 hours, so heavier than that is impressive). No pain relief for my hips/ ...
- Who cares about the patient?
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Tonsilitis, Bhronchitis, Namonia, Phlebitis, Dvt, Factor 2 Clotting Disorder , and takes Celebrex, Nexium, Wellbutrin Sr, Oxycontin, Premarin, Alprazolam)
I can't believe I'm still alive but quality of life is greatly diminished and no one cares. Not one doctor cares about how this one dr. prescribed all these drugs over a period of 5 years and I lost everything. I flat-lined sept 18, 2005 and was told by dr there in er that I would live 1-5 years an ...
- Celebrex and taste loss
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Loss Of Taste, and takes Celebrex)
Following foot surgery, I have taken Celebrex for most of the last 4 months. I can no longer taste or smell. I just started a Z pack for a sinus problem and am hoping that will clear any infection that could be contributing to this loss. I have also stopped taking Celebrex in the meantime.
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has Overweight, Multiple Sclerosis, Tibia Fracture, and takes Topamax, Aubagio, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Fosamax)
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
More reviews for: Celebrex, Cancer - prostate
- A study of drug interactions between Celebrex, Lisinopril, Lovastatin, Metformin for a patient with Arthritis, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Neuropathy
Comments: I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in late Dec. of 2012/early Jan. of 2013. I was put on a treament of Metformin and lovastatin. About a month to 6 weeks later, I began to get a warm sensation in my feet, as if I was walking on a heated floor. This sensation has now spread over my entire body. I a ...
- A study of drug interactions between Sotalol Hydrochloride, Celebrex, Zestoretic, Lipitor, Allopurinol, Colchicine, Nexium, Coumadin for a patient with Arrhythmia, Back Pain/, Blood Pressure Management, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Gouty Arthritis, Acid Reflux, Factor V Leiden Mutation. The patient has Low Blood Pressure
Comments: I tried to modify my first report but couldn't t so I must add that my main problem at this point is low blood pressure. my range is now between 103-to 110 high and my low is 60 -75. Pulse varies from 47 to 60.I also have arrhythmia which I think is due to excessive dehydration under physical exerc ...
- A study of side effects of Celebrex for a patient with Arthritis. The patient has Weight Gain
Comments: Since taking celebrex I've gain over 25 lbs... and without it I don't walk.
Every time I need to refill my prescription I get enormous push back from the health care providers. They would rather see me on prescription pain killers than the celebrex and have suggested them in place of the celebrex. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Parnate, Celebrex for a patient with Depression - Major, Inflammation. The patient has Arthritis
Comments: Prior to going onto Parnate, I was prescribed Cerebrex for a painful shoulder which I exascerbate during swimming training. I researched online if there were any side effects and/or compatibility issues, but couldnot find any. I woke up with really sore joints. My feet were painful to walk on, my kn ...
- A study of drug interactions between Percocet, Lamictal, Geodon, Synthroid, Dexedrine, Buspar, Valium, Xanax Xr, Soma, Celebrex, Strattera, Lidoderm, Thorazine, Vesicare, Methylprednisolone for a patient with Knee Pain, Bipolar Disorder, Hypothyroidism, Add, Bipolar Mania, Mania, Insomnia, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Low Back Pain. The patient has Joint Instability, Panic Attack
Comments: I was diagnosed as being bipolar 15 years ago. I have been stable and highly-functioning for a few years until Blue Cross Blue Shield decided they did not like my antipsychotic anymore, and refused to pay for it. I have been forced to suddenly change from the perfectly-balanced Abilify/Lamictal co ...
More related studies for: Celebrex, Cancer - prostate
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.