Review: could Celebrex cause Cancer - prostate (Prostate cancer)?
Summary: Cancer - prostate is found among people who take Celebrex, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lipitor, and have Arthritis.
We study 72,880 people who have side effects while taking Celebrex from FDA and social media. Among them, 136 have Cancer - prostate. Find out below who they are, when they have Cancer - prostate and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Celebrex and have Cancer - prostate >>>
Celebrex has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Celebrex 74,521 users)
Cancer - prostate
Cancer - prostate has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, erection problems.(latest reports from Cancer - prostate 20,149 patients)
On Dec, 17, 2014: 72,880 people reported to have side effects when taking Celebrex. Among them, 136 people (0.19%) have Cancer - Prostate.
Time on Celebrex when people have Cancer - prostate * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cancer - prostate||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Cancer - prostate when taking Celebrex * :
|Cancer - prostate||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Cancer - prostate when taking Celebrex * :
|Cancer - prostate||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.76%||15.24%||80.00% |
Severity of Cancer - prostate when taking Celebrex ** :
How people recovered from Cancer - prostate ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Arthritis (17 people, 12.50%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (14 people, 10.29%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (13 people, 9.56%)
- Hypertension (13 people, 9.56%)
- Erectile dysfunction (12 people, 8.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (41 people, 30.15%)
- Zometa (33 people, 24.26%)
- Aspirin (32 people, 23.53%)
- Levaquin (31 people, 22.79%)
- Vioxx (30 people, 22.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cancer - Prostate while taking Celebrex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Celebrex and have Cancer - Prostate
- support group for people who take Celebrex
- support group for people who have Cancer - Prostate
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How long after starting celebrex did seizure occur? how many ? what type of seizure? grand vs petit? how evaluated
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Unresponsive To Stimuli, Tonic Muscular Activity, and takes Celebrex)
Taken 200mg for two days bid = four pills = total 800mg
- What drugs can i take for pain that won't affect my narrow angled glaucoma
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has An Increase In Eye Pressure, and takes Celebrex)
My doctor wanted me to investigate three drugs he would suggest for my severe back pain
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Hypercholesterolemia, GERD, Larangospasm With Asthmatic Component, and takes Klonopin, Xanax, Celebrex, Zyrtec, Lipitor, Fluticasone Propionate, Budesonide , Xopenex, Prevacid, Lexapro)
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
- Can celebrex cause folic acid deficiency
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Fatigue, Arrhythmias, Joint Pain, and takes Celebrex)
I have recurrent drop in folic acid levels with associated drop in pulse rate,eg,39-40 beats per minute
- Can celebrex cause menieres disease?
(Asked by a 74 year old woman who has Tinitus,pressure In Ear, Nausea, Vertigo, and takes Celebrex)
Been on Celebrex for years for arthritis...helps a lot...today was told by Dr. that Celebrex can cause Meniere's disease which I was diagnosed with 3 months ago.Do you think celebrex is causing the Menieres?
More questions for: Celebrex, Cancer - prostate
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Not a great experience
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Hashimotos Thyroidism, Prehypertension, and takes Armour Thyroid, Celebrex, Norvasc)
I was on norvasc for two months and had to go off because of severe swelling of feet and legs. Also rapid heart beat and very profuse sweating. it was horrible. It also raised my blood pressure. after going off BP dropped by @least 10 points both diastolic and systolic.
- Celebrex is absolutely terrible
(Posted by a 21 year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Bilateral Trochanteric Bursitis, Scoliosis, Arthritis, and takes Celebrex)
I got a three-day trial pack from my doctor on July 12. On July 13, I got my period, which lasted eight days and was extremely heavy and painful (and I usually have to switch out super-plus tampons and an overnight pad every 6-7 hours, so heavier than that is impressive). No pain relief for my hips/ ...
- Who cares about the patient?
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Tonsilitis, Bhronchitis, Namonia, Phlebitis, Dvt, Factor 2 Clotting Disorder , and takes Celebrex, Nexium, Wellbutrin Sr, Oxycontin, Premarin, Alprazolam)
I can't believe I'm still alive but quality of life is greatly diminished and no one cares. Not one doctor cares about how this one dr. prescribed all these drugs over a period of 5 years and I lost everything. I flat-lined sept 18, 2005 and was told by dr there in er that I would live 1-5 years an ...
- Celebrex and taste loss
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Loss Of Taste, and takes Celebrex)
Following foot surgery, I have taken Celebrex for most of the last 4 months. I can no longer taste or smell. I just started a Z pack for a sinus problem and am hoping that will clear any infection that could be contributing to this loss. I have also stopped taking Celebrex in the meantime.
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has Overweight, Multiple Sclerosis, Tibia Fracture, and takes Topamax, Aubagio, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Fosamax)
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
More reviews for: Celebrex, Cancer - prostate
- A study of drug interactions between Doxazosin Mesylate, Celebrex, Fluoxetine, Soma, Lyrica, Morphine, Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Thick Ejaculate/ Thick Semen, Chronic Pain, Ptsd, Nerve Pain. The patient has Thick Ejaculate/ Thick Semen
Comments: Thick uncomfortable ejaculations. Sometimes "chunks" of semen exit my penis durning bowel movements. Ejaculations look like gobs of tiny little round, very thick balls of semen making up large chunks of ejaculate...
- A study of drug interactions between Celebrex, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with Hypertension, Asthma. The patient has Air Swallowing
Comments: I have just finished several rounds of antibiotics for a bronchial infection. Still have coughing spells but only one or two a day. But now I have trouble swallowing solid food when it gets down to my esophagus. I can swallow it but it hurts a bit.
- A study of drug interactions between Celebrex, Cortisone Acetate for a patient with Osteoarthritis, Sinusitis. The patient has Cough
Comments: Cortisone shot and cough syrup with hydrocodone two weeks before cardiac arrest while exercising. No known hesrt problems and recently passed nuclesr stress test and low calcium score in h heart. Blood pressure 115 over 75
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Cymbalta, Omeprazole, Celebrex, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Vitamin D Decreased, Arnold-chiari Malformation, Acid Reflux, Arthritis, Restlessness, Insulin Resistance, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Tingling Sensation Onleft Side Of Skull In Back, Around To Ear And Along Jaw Line, Always On Left Side
Comments: this sensation started as if someone was running a feather across my ear lobe, spread to back of skull and across jaw to exact center. It now itches intensely after a tingling episode. NO pain. Can be exacerbated by position of head as in lowered to read or sew, or when lying down. Thought I could l ...
- A study of drug interactions between Celebrex, Simponi for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Urticaria Cold, Hives, Cold Weather And Itchy Skin
Comments: When anything cold touches my skin I get a hive in that location. Cold weather causes my skin that is exposed to get extremely red, itchy, and most of the time develop hives. All of this started after I began humira. I remained on humira for only 6 months due to its ineffectiveness. I am now on Simp ...
More related studies for: Celebrex, Cancer - prostate
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.