Home > Celebrex > Crohn's disease > Celebrex and Crohn's disease
Review: could Celebrex cause Crohn's disease?
We study 72,865 people who have side effects while taking Celebrex from FDA and social media. Among them, 111 have Crohn's disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Crohn's disease and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Celebrex and have Crohn's disease >>>
Celebrex (latest outcomes from 74,494 users) has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis.
Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) (latest reports from 165,300 patients) has been reported by people with acne, pain, inflammatory bowel disease, depression, high blood pressure.
On Sep, 17, 2014: 72,853 people reported to have side effects when taking Celebrex. Among them, 118 people (0.16%) have Crohn's Disease.
Time on Celebrex when people have Crohn's disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Crohn's disease||10.00%||50.00%||0.00%||20.00%||10.00%||0.00%||10.00% |
Gender of people who have Crohn's disease when taking Celebrex * :
|Crohn's disease||67.23%||32.77% |
Age of people who have Crohn's disease when taking Celebrex * :
|Crohn's disease||0.00%||0.00%||2.06%||4.12%||16.49%||28.87%||26.80%||21.65% |
Severity of Crohn's disease when taking Celebrex ** :
How people recovered from Crohn's disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (40 people, 33.90%)
- Arthritis (26 people, 22.03%)
- Arthralgia (19 people, 16.10%)
- Pain (19 people, 16.10%)
- Anxiety (15 people, 12.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Humira (31 people, 26.27%)
- Prevacid (27 people, 22.88%)
- Prednisone (25 people, 21.19%)
- Lexapro (20 people, 16.95%)
- Xanax (20 people, 16.95%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Crohn's Disease while taking Celebrex?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Celebrex and have Crohn's Disease
- group for people who take Celebrex
- group for people who have Crohn's Disease
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 days ago):
bloveds on Sep, 2, 2014:
I have Chrohns disease / microscipic colitis. I started taking Garcinia Cambosia two months ago and now I have NO symptoms.... No diahhrea and no constipation. This is the first time in years that I have had normal bowel movements.
From this study (4 days ago):
I have just finished several rounds of antibiotics for a bronchial infection. Still have coughing spells but only one or two a day. But now I have trouble swallowing solid food when it gets down to my esophagus. I can swallow it but it hurts a bit.
From this study (4 weeks ago):
Can celebrex interfer with 5hiaa 24 he urine test
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Celebrex, Crohn's disease
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Caused by azathioprine
I started taking Azathioprine in 2003, and almost immediately started having very strange skin conditions, strange chronic rashes, etc. I also developed strange, tiny bumps on my palms and soles of my feet; which are extremely prominent after exposure to water. My father started taking this drug as ...
- Celebrex is absolutely terrible
I got a three-day trial pack from my doctor on July 12. On July 13, I got my period, which lasted eight days and was extremely heavy and painful (and I usually have to switch out super-plus tampons and an overnight pad every 6-7 hours, so heavier than that is impressive). No pain relief for my hips/ ...
- Allopurinol for 6-mp metabolism to 6-tgn
I began taking Allopurinol 100mg to help metabolize the Purinethol I have been taking for 6 years for Crohn's disease after a blood test revealed my 6-MMP metabolites were too high and 6-TG were too low. Several published studies show Allopurinol to be helpful for "non-preferential metabolizers" lik ...
More reviews for: Celebrex, Crohn's disease
On eHealthMe, Celebrex (celecoxib) is often used for arthritis. Find out below the conditions Celebrex is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Celebrex used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (10 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (10 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (19 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
- Ubiquinol and High Blood Pressure
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy and Norvasc
- Celexa and Enuresis
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (22 minutes ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (35 minutes ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Tooth Loss
- High Blood Glucose Level