Home > Celebrex > Drug withdrawal syndrome > Celebrex and Drug withdrawal syndrome
Review: could Celebrex cause Drug withdrawal syndrome?
We study 72,865 people who have side effects while taking Celebrex from FDA and social media. Among them, 434 have Drug withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug withdrawal syndrome and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Celebrex and have Drug withdrawal syndrome >>>
Celebrex (latest outcomes from 74,505 users) has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis.
Drug withdrawal syndrome
Drug withdrawal syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation) (latest reports from 150,219 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, ill-defined disorder, muscle spasticity.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 72,865 people reported to have side effects when taking Celebrex. Among them, 434 people (0.60%) have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Celebrex when people have Drug withdrawal syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||6.25%||62.50%||18.75%||6.25%||6.25%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Drug withdrawal syndrome when taking Celebrex * :
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||52.31%||47.69% |
Age of people who have Drug withdrawal syndrome when taking Celebrex * :
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.42%||14.07%||38.52%||17.78%||23.21% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (247 people, 56.91%)
- Depression (56 people, 12.90%)
- Arthritis (29 people, 6.68%)
- Anxiety (21 people, 4.84%)
- Fibromyalgia (19 people, 4.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (267 people, 61.52%)
- Neurontin (140 people, 32.26%)
- Xanax (117 people, 26.96%)
- Soma (108 people, 24.88%)
- Vioxx (102 people, 23.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Celebrex?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Celebrex and have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Celebrex
- support group for people who have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Celebrex, Drug withdrawal syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Not a great experience
I was on norvasc for two months and had to go off because of severe swelling of feet and legs. Also rapid heart beat and very profuse sweating. it was horrible. It also raised my blood pressure. after going off BP dropped by @least 10 points both diastolic and systolic.
- Celebrex is absolutely terrible
I got a three-day trial pack from my doctor on July 12. On July 13, I got my period, which lasted eight days and was extremely heavy and painful (and I usually have to switch out super-plus tampons and an overnight pad every 6-7 hours, so heavier than that is impressive). No pain relief for my hips/ ...
- Who cares about the patient?
I can't believe I'm still alive but quality of life is greatly diminished and no one cares. Not one doctor cares about how this one dr. prescribed all these drugs over a period of 5 years and I lost everything. I flat-lined sept 18, 2005 and was told by dr there in er that I would live 1-5 years an ...
More reviews for: Celebrex, Drug withdrawal syndrome
On eHealthMe, Celebrex (celecoxib) is often used for arthritis. Find out below the conditions Celebrex is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Celebrex used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Celebrex, Drug withdrawal syndrome
Recent Celebrex related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril, Lamotrigine, Celebrex for a 81-year old man who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Celebrex, Aleve, Zorvolex for a 70-year old woman who has Back Pain
- Comparions of Atenolol, Ramipril, Pravastatin Sodium, Celebrex, Acetaminophen for a 69-year old man who has Hypertension
More related comparison studies for: Celebrex, Drug withdrawal syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (8 minutes ago)
- Daytrana for a 7-year old boy who has Hyperness Adhd (1 hour ago)
- Xarelto, Warfarin Sodium for a 76-year old man who has DVT (4 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
Recent user comments
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (9 minutes ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Recently increased dose to 60 mg/day. Pic started ab ... " (9 hours ago)
- Omega 3
- Alfuzosin Hydrochloride